Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared This Isnt Gonna Work

I know that sounds silly but I am 10 days out and can eat so easily. I mean three purred meal, Protein Shakes Water and Snacks. How is that possible. Maybe he didn't make me small enough? No one else seems to be talking about how much they can eat and drink. Only how much they can't. Ugh!!

No one else seems to be talking about how much they can eat and drink. Only how much they can't. Ugh!!

There are like a million posts about this. :biggrin: I was able to eat "a lot" initially, and still eat more than many. Log your foods and you are probably under 800 calories! Not a lot at all. You will feel restriction once you start eating dense Protein (chicken, pork etc). It will be alright. :-)

What you are eating is mushy and mushy won't make you feel the restriction. Give it some time, you are doing fine!

Is purade meaning full liquids to you or food in the blender? Just curious because I am on full liquids; Soups, pro shakes , ect. and I get full but it all goes down pretty well. I am 11 days out.

I sooooo remember that fear ... but you will soon learn that you are losing & losing a lot. (For me, I was just SURE I would be the one where VSG would fail. But, I made it to goal!!!!)

The posters above are correct ... your stomach is healing, you are eating "mushy" food and you won't feel the high level of restriction yet. Just wait until you have meat - then you will feel it!

Keep your chin up ... Ask your questions ... And stay on track. YOU WILL SUCCEED!

You are doing just fine..... Eat slow and enjoy every tiny bite you take...... ;)

I am 5 days post op and can eat 5-7 tbl spoons of Jello with ease along with about 10oz of broth in about 20 minutes. The docs told me that liquids go down easy and to watch the calories and carbs in what I am drinking. I have not felt restriction really and I am guessing it is because I have not put anything substantial in my new sleeve.

I am on the verge of strangling my husband because he keeps asking me if I am supposed to be able to eat that much. I know he is concerned due to me being a failed band baby and all the fears I am having of being "THE ONE" that doesnt succeed with my sleeve.

Has anyone else had a spouse that was constantly watching them? Bless his heart, if he doesnt stop analyzing me, I am going to stab him with my spoon!!!!! :) LOL

Has anyone else had a spouse that was constantly watching them? Bless his heart, if he doesnt stop analyzing me, I am going to stab him with my spoon!!!!! :smile1: LOL

My husband still does & I am over 2 years out. He has a heart of gold, but sometimes I have had those same feelings. I like the spoon idea!

Is purade meaning full liquids to you or food in the blender? Just curious because I am on full liquids; Soups, pro shakes , ect. and I get full but it all goes down pretty well. I am 11 days out.

Thanks so much guys. Yeah maybe when I eat for real ill feel it. You made me feel so much better though. Thanks

I predict that, in a few days, you'll be posting about how you can't eat much of anything. Dense Protein fills me up SO much faster than mushies ever did! I ordered a steak for lunch today and even I was astounded at how little I could eat!!!

I totally agree with everyone else... I've been on solids for about a week and I really felt my restriction for the first time last night when I went out for sushi. Two pieces of sashimi minus the rice and I was done for! You'll get there, just enjoy the way things are going now, you'll be complaining soon enough ;-)

Beginning of week 4 post-op & I too am scared that I can eat too much.. I have been on soft solids (mushies) for about a week now. But most concerning is my wt loss stall. The 1st week Post-op I lost 6 lbs, wk 2 -4 lbs. Week 3...just barely 1 lb. I have started exercising & bought some leg/ankle weights for strength training, but this early slow down of wt loss really scares me!! I didn't go through all of this to stall out after -11 lbs.

Relax and wait for mushies. We all worry about this until we're faced with eating an entire scrambled egg and it takes two hours! Oh, those dense Proteins are HARD in the beginning. But liquids run right on through, even if we have to sip them all day long.

You'll be fine. Stick to the plan and don't worry.

~Cheri