Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

My boss will surely flip when I state I will be out. How long where you guys out of work. Did you receive a doctor's note. Did you have to file for short term disability?

I am 3 days post op and yes, I did all of that. FMLA and short term are most important. I was able to get 5 Weeks off from my job. alot of folks go back sooner but I wanted to make sure i was ready to hit the ground running when I did return.

I am 3 days post op and yes, I did all of that. FMLA and short term are most important. I was able to get 5 Weeks off from my job. alot of folks go back sooner but I wanted to make sure i was ready to hit the ground running when I did return.

wow@the skinny cow the most Ive ever heard is 3 weeks. At least you'll be fully recovered for sure!

Think Im just going to say 3 weeks. And I have to think of something else to say besides Im getting the sleeve!

Just say "I need to have surgery". Have your surgeon write your work note on stationary that only has his name on it, not his specialty or the name of his practice. It is not your work's business what you are having done, and you are under no obligation to tell them, unless you want to. If they ask, they are doing so in violation of a couple of employment laws.... I told my work that I needed surgery, and that I would be out about a week, because that is what I know I've needed for laproscopic surgery in the past of this magnitude.

I had scheduled more than a week off about 10 days. I am kinda thinking that I am going to still try to keep that time off but I might go into my office on Wednesday for a few hours. I am feeling really good today but I want to take my time going back.

I'm a hair styliest soI'm standing all day and I had a week off and was fine to go back then. Nobody at work knew I had the sugery and nobody suspected a thing.

SpaceyCasey, you are slick :) I didnt tell anyone at work either.

Hi all,

My boss will surely flip when I state I will be out. How long where you guys out of work. Did you receive a doctor's note. Did you have to file for short term disability?

I took 12 vacation days and with the weekends I will be off 18 days total. I have not had the surgery yet, so I hope that is enough time to semi recovery and look normal when I return to work.

I had surgery on a Wednesday and went back to work on Monday. I work 12 hours a day and was on my feet most of the day. I was fine. Each of us recover differently, but I went walking everyday to speed up the recovery process....and it worked. If you sit around and "milk" the surgery then you will probably recover slower. Then again, I have major OCD issues, so I can't just sit still......I think that worked to my advantage. It would have drove me crazy sitting at home for weeks recovering :)