Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay... Tmi Question

Okay, here it goes... I was sleeved on Feb 4th. I feel wonderful, I do not feel constipated or anything like that. I have been on liquids for 2 weeks easy. The last bowel movement I had was on Feb 2nd, eight days ago. Should I be concerned at all? Would I even be having any kind of BM without eating any solid foods. I suddenly feel ignorant. lol

If it is a concern, any ideas?

I haven't gone since the day before my surgery and was wondering the same thing!

when you only put liquids in....only liquids come out. You can always do a shot of Milk of Magnesia to make sure the system isn't plugged up

I didn't have a bm for about 2 weeks. It's not a problem. I finally got some Miralax and it took 2 days to work. and not much came out. ;)

You will not have much coming out as stool but I did end up with some Constipation. I started to mix some Fiber in my morning shakes and have not had a problem since that time. It was not fun with the constipation that I had and wish that I had started the fiber earlier.

POST OP ONE DAY AND I WAS TOLD IF THAT PROBLEM SHOULD OCCUR..TAKE SOME "MOM" ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS. HOPE THIS HELP.

Benefiber works great for me. One packet is usually enough, but I don't wait too long to take it. You might need more packets. I think 3 a day is recommended. It has no flavor and mixes super well with any liquid. I used for the first time a few days after surgery because I read here how tough it is to be constipated fresh out of surgery and I wanted to avoid it. I still use it to keep me regular. Works like a charm. I learned about it on this website. Hope it works for you.

I had the same problem. At about day 5 my NUT had me adding unflavored Benefiber to my shakes. It's great! It's literally tasteless, I cannot tell it's in there. I've even put it in tea and can't notice it. Very important to get the unflavored to not have additional carbs. I had to do one dose of MOM and that did the magic. The anesthia and pain killers cause it. I still do the Benefiber but only 1tsp instead of 2. Regular as can be!

I had the same issue. My surgeon told me it was not OK if I hadn't gone in a week. I called and he advised me to Milk of Magnesia. It worked. It if didn't work, they wanted me to contact them again.

when you only put liquids in....only liquids come out. You can always do a shot of Milk of Magnesia to make sure the system isn't plugged up

Yup, that's what I did after a week. Worked for me.