Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Laser hair removel. Has anyone had it???

I *really* want to do this - facial areas. But I've heard it hurts REALLY bad. Eager to see the responses you get...

I had a tumor on my ovary which caused some hormone changes and lots of facial hair growth....so went and got beard/moustache area done. The ideal is fair skin w/ dark hair....the laser does not recognize gray or blonde hair. The most painful spot was my upper lip and they put a wet roll there which helped alot. There is minimal pain in my opinion(this of course, depends on where you are removing hair as well) and it was SO WORTH it!!!!!!!!!! It will remove approx 85% of hair...you will have a little left over....but not bad at all. You cannot use any hair removal products (except razor) for about 1 mo before you go to get it done. They want to get that root! It's been about 4ys since I did it I believe!?

Hope this helps! Would love to do my pits and legs next!!! What a hassle they are!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -70lbs :(

I had my bikini area done and it was pretty painful. It was supposed to be 5 sessions over a 6 month period and I only did three of them. I wanted my entire bikini area done (not just the bikini line) and it hurt the most where the hair was course. I had a tan the second time and it was way too painful. So when I came back for the third visit I made sure no tan.

I want to do it again so I can get it finished since I still have to shave though it's less hair I didn't do it enough to be shave free for life. I'm just scared now....

I had part of my legs done also and that didn't hurt hardly at all. It was less then the pain of a tattoo on my leg portion but way worse then a rubber band snape on the sensitive areas or the corse hair areas.

I had my binkini does as well, and I think I only made it through three visits. I had wanted more hair taken off than she was willing to do, so I figured I wasn't going to keep paying to eventually have to go back and re-pay to do another part of my bikini. But I will say that I have waaaay less hair then I used to. I will definitely go back and finish my binkini and probably do my armpits as well.

As far as it hurting, yeah it kind of did. My first couple visits were manageable, but my third visit hurt like hell. But I have a darker skin tone base, so that can make a difference. But I have also heard there are different types of lasers and some hurt less than others.

So in my opinion, if you can afford it - go for it!

Well I did it . It was not bad at all. Five more treatments six weeks apart.

Once or twice a year after that. It has been two weeks I can tell a diffrence already.

I don't want to be too forward, but I have heavy hair growth on my chin and upper lip from PCOS and other hormonal issues. I would love to have this done. Do you mind my asking what kind of cost is involved?

Thanks.

I had it done about 6 weeks ago on my chin and jaw line. It cost $450 for 5 treatments - 1 every 2 months. I've seen it advertised for less and I had a consultation where it would have been $750 for 2 treatments, so . . . it's whatever the market will bear.

My first treatment removed 99.5% of the hair, so I probably won't use all 5 treatments. I know the hair grows in cycles so I guess I'll have to wait and see how much grows back. So far, none.

$450 is a fair amount of money, but, IMO, it was worth it. I'll probably do my armpits next.

I have heavy facial hair too, I actually have to shave my chin every day and get 5 o'clock shadow. I also have PCOS too.

ANyone recommend anyone in NJ at a resonable rate??

I did my underarms. It HURT!! Not unbearable- Felt like a rubberband being popped on your skin. It took 8-9 treatments .Luckily my package was 5 and free retreats for 2 yrs. IF they offer the numbing cream use it. The areas on my face I had done - did not hurt as bad- go figure. Most of my hair is too light for the laser to "see" it does not work well on lighter hair especially blonde.

I have had it. In my late 30's I developed the dreaded "old lady chin hairs".

I only get 4 of them- I know this because they grow back now, but I had laser hair removal on them and also my upper lip hair. I am sure that people have different experiences but it hurt like hell. The woman who did it gave me no numbing gel or anything.

It only hurt while it was happening and not afterwards. My hairs did not grow back for almost 6 months, but I think I will just pluck and wax from now on.

I started going to the Aesthetic Laser Center last Feb for my chin, jaw line and my upper lip...I still go every 6 weeks for mine...I had alot of dark thick hair...In the beginning for up to 6 visits it was about 1200 dollars for mine but I am sure that there are alot cheaper places but I didnt find any around here...But it came with a 2 year guarantee with it thank goodness...I have more than a few stubborn ones that keep growing back...So basically I have been going for about a year and a half every 6 weeks...I still have to shave my chin every morning because I had quite a few gray hairs that it couldnt get but it was totally worth not having that 5 oclock shadow like I did before...Yep, it was a little painful and we had to turn the machine down some because it kept breaking out my skin with hives for a couple weeks afterwards...Now that we have it turned down to a good power setting its alot more comfortable for me...On this last visit she actually thru in the top and in between my eyebrows for me for free...I have actually been thinking about getting the entire lower half of my legs done too, but I know that would be way too much money (just interested to find out what it would cost tho, maybe for tax return time)...I would do it all over again!!