Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Days Out-Tongue Has Gross White Film ...?

anyone else experience this?

I've done "The Master Cleanse" before which is a 10-day fast, and got that... I read that it's because you're getting the toxins out of your body. But I don't want to say for sure because I haven't had the WLS yet. :-)

How do you feel, 8-days-out???

Today is 3 weeks from my surgery date. Yes, it seemed like my mouth was coated, not necessarily a white film, but some sort of film for a couple weeks after. But it also seemed like it was all over my teeth and mouth also. I brushed my teeth during that time like 5 times a day.

Yes, I did, it was Thrush for me, which is basically yeast overgrowth. I had been on antibiotics right before I had my surgery due to being sick, then I was on antibiotics from being sleeved, so that's why I got it. I've seen a lot of people post with this issue when they are newly post-op. I drank those little dan active yogurt drinks for the Probiotics, and also ate yogurt. Then I started on some probiotic supplements and it seemed to help. It should go away.

:)

Thanks, SasahWLS. I'm wondering if that's what's going on - ketosis.

I'm feeling pretty good! Thanks for askin'! All the clear liquid stuff has been a breeze. I "turned a corner" on about day 2 1/2 and was able to really swallow freely without a feeling of anxiety. Now I feel hydrated and healthy. Major complaint is pain in my abdomen, mostly centered around the bigger incision where they took old tummy out. Still taking pain meds, but each day gets better. I have my post op check with my doc tomorrow morning.

I'm only getting Protein from chicken broth and NF milk. Can't handle any Liquid Protein : (

That's awesome!! I'm so happy for you! Are you up and around, or back to work yet? Do you have more energy, or are you still feeling like your'e recovering?

I feel pretty great. When I don't, I realize a little pain has slipped back in the picture. I'm trying to space out my pain meds a little longer. I teach private voice lessons out of my home and yesterday (day 7 post op) was my first day back. It was great to be up, alert, laughing with my students. But after five lessons I was totally beat. Boy did I sleep well last night. Today and tomorrow are sort of light days and then Thurs-Sat are lotsa lessons days. I hope my stamina continues to increase. I know I'd feel way better if I had Protein in me. I'm working on that...

I get the film on my tongue when i am actively loosing. It is from ketosis. Use a tongue scraper. You can buy one in tooth paste section in grocery store.

:)

I still use it everyday.

almost to goal......5 more lbs.....

I agree with Kelly L. Its thrush- plus I am a nurse :-) you can get a Diflucan pill you can swallow. I got it a week after surgery as well

I have read (when researching VSG) that a white coating on your tongue can indicate dehydration, which is a very likely occurance after having the sleeve done. Make sure you are getting enough fluids.

I had it and asked at my two week appointment, they checked it out and just said it was from ketosis. It went away on its own without any other treatment needed. It was embarrassing and I felt self conscious. they told me to use a tongue scraper which I did and that helped some but honestly once I was off of the liquids phase it started to disappear.