Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Morris Washington

Does anybody have any good bad or ugly news on Dr. Morris Washington in South Carolina? Also do you have any recommendations for Dr.'s in the US with a good selfpay price for VSG?

Dr. Alanis in Houston has an all inclusive (except the crazy doctor) for $11700.00 I know you aren't in this area..but that was the best price I have found.

Inbox me if you like. Dr. Washington did my surgery on October 18, 2011.

Dr. Morris seems like a very experienced and qualified doctor to do this procedure. The aftercare complication insurance makes it extremely attractive. The hospital also seems to be an excellent facility. With a price of 8,000 dollars, this deal seems too good to be true, so is it?

Well, hard to tell. The $8,000 price had an asterik by it, but I couldn't find the note that it referred to. The main drawback, at least in my view, and one that is NOT stated openly in the advertsment, is that it is an OUTPATIENT procedure, with no hospital stay time. This in my opinion is a no no. Some people have, however, had successful WLS as an outpatient, but this is MAJOR surgery with real risks, and for me at least, two nights in a REAL hospital (not a Jerulsalem CLINIC) is an absolute must.Hope this helps.

I called Dr. Washingtons office several times. I thought they said you got 2 days in hospital, I checked my notes and didnt see where I wrote it down I could be wrong on the 2 days. They did say he wanted you to stay in the area for a week in case anything went wrong. They did state that the price was low because he was trying to get enough patients to qualify for Medicare and Medicaid . My understanding is a Dr. has to have so much experience before Medicare /Medicaid will pay that Dr. That concerned me, I know every dr. has to start somewhere, but I need experience since im a revision. Also they were supposed to call me back with the price for revision since I have a lapband. I called 3 times for a revision price, they said they would have to check but I never got response back. If you check his website, it will tell how many surgeries he has done, not many.

I was self-pay and I had surgery with Dr. Washington on October 18 2011. Great experience! Two day hospital stay in a private room of a very clean, well-run hospital. No complications at all, Healthwise or with either Dr. Washington's office or the hospital.

Google Dr. Washington in New Jersey where he helped set up a Bariatric Center of Excellence. I believe he's trying to do the same thing in S. Carolina.

Joyceob21, sorry you're having that experience.

Good luck to all!

I wasnt trying to imply anything negative about this Dr, other than I dont think he has done many revisions and maybe he doesnt do them since no one has called me back. I wish I was a virgin sleever than I wouldnt be as nervous (I think, lol). Im just super afraid of failure again, leaks and complications, health and financial devastation. But hey arent we all afraid of the same thing?

I'm trying to convince myself I can do this without another surgery. I went through hell with the lapband, I still have nightmares from it, lol. I dont want to wake up from a sleeve and think "omg what have I done, here we go again".

I'm glad you all had a good experience with him, if I were a "virgin" I would go to him in a heart beat, recover on the beach. Still doing my research and trying to get up the nerve.

Good luck to everyone! :)

I have my consult tomorrow with Dr Washington. So far everyone in his practice has been wonderful to me!

I have my consult tomorrow with Dr Washington. So far everyone in his practice has been wonderful to me!

I will be having my sleeve surgery on April 18th. I am a bit nervous probably as all of you have been prior to the procedure. I am going into it with an open mind and a realization that this is not a magic pill but a stand about not being unhealthy any more.

There is a support group meeting at the conway hospital on 3/20/12. This will be my first meeting with other sleeve patients that have had the surgery in the area. I will post my information soon about my progress. Any advice for a newbie.

Hey Jafter! For some reason I just now saw this post! How are you feeling/doing? I have my surgery the 25th so Im right behind you! How is your liquid diet going? I don't start mine until April 10. Im DREADING it bc I get SOOOO hungry.... hope to hear from you soon!

Three days down and so far so good. I have had cravings but I try to put them off. I am a diabetic and had a low the other and and had a teaspoon of peaunut butter. But Dr Washinton told me to not eat anything. He wants me to lose as much as possible since I am a high risk with all of my weight in my stomach. He wants as much room as possible to work in there. I am down about 6 lbs since Tuesday so that is a good thing. It was rough last night I was out doing returns for my wife and I was in costco wanted a hot dog really badly but bought a botle of Water instead. This morning got up walked a mile and then did some exercises on my bowflex then off to work.

I would like to lose 30 lbs before the surgery. Good luck I will keep you posted.

Joyce- he is one of the developers of the sleeve surgery. My father in law had one of his first surgeries almost 5 years ago and lost 250#. He is highly skilled.