Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost A Year Out.............

Hi everyone!

Just checking in. I see that I am getting closer to the one year mark. I am soooooo close to making my goal!!! :) YAY!!!! I thought it was going to be much harder than it has been. When I had 20 pounds left to lose 3 of it came off when I didn't stress it. Now that I'm close to the last 10 I am getting a little nervous that it will be so hard to get it off. I just try not to think about the last few pounds but I try to concentrate on my ultimate goal of being healthier than I was a year ago. I have an appointment with my surgeon in April for my one year. I am so hoping to be at goal. But hey, if not so be it. It will happen when it happens. I have seen that when I dwell on that one pesky pound that keeps holding on for weeks at a time, I have a harder time losing it. When I just go about my day and I step on the scale at the end of the week and see it is gone..... Well I just have to dance...I went from weighing everyday in the begining to once a week. I will weigh once a month when I reach goal.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Keep rockin' your sleeve!!!!!!!!

:)

Deb

Hi I am like you ....was sleeved in May. I am 5 lbs from doctor's goal (140) but I would like to be around 135 so 10 lbs from my personal goal.

I actually tried on size 12 jeans and they fit but are tight. I have not worn size 12 jeans since I was 25 and I am 46 now....lolol......

:) Congrats on your success!!! :) Nice to know someone else is going through what I am!

I know exactly what you mean. LOL... My personal goal is 135 to and I'm 46.Imagine that....We started out at about the same weight as well.... Surgeon's goal for me is 122. I don't think I will see 122. To me that is too little. So I am shooting for the 135 mark. I'm only 5,1'. and my build is on the medium side. 135 should be just right. If I had a super small frame then I can see 122. Size 12's are too big in the waist and butt for me. 10's are a little too tight in the hips. I am between sizes. I never would've thought I would be wearing 12's a year ago. Starting size this time last year was 20 in pants. Tops were XXL. Now 12 pants and small in tops. No more lane bryant.... Sorry nothing against lane bryant just like shopping coldwater creek now. :)

Deb

Hi I am like you ....was sleeved in May. I am 5 lbs from doctor's goal (140) but I would like to be around 135 so 10 lbs from my personal goal.

I actually tried on size 12 jeans and they fit but are tight. I have not worn size 12 jeans since I was 25 and I am 46 now....lolol......

:smile1: Congrats on your success!!! :smile1: Nice to know someone else is going through what I am!

no your not alone, my 1 year mark is coming up feb 28th and i need to drop 6lbs for that 100% goal. i know it shouldn't matter because ive already dropped 100lb, but i get bothered because i just cant seem to get those last few lbs off. my doc says most people dont get that 100% in the 1st year, so i shouldn't sweat it, i guess its a little ocd---lol

enjoy the new you and best of luck in your continued success

I know exactly what you mean. LOL... My personal goal is 135 to and I'm 46.Imagine that....We started out at about the same weight as well.... Surgeon's goal for me is 122. I don't think I will see 122. To me that is too little. So I am shooting for the 135 mark. I'm only 5,1'. and my build is on the medium side. 135 should be just right. If I had a super small frame then I can see 122. Size 12's are too big in the waist and butt for me. 10's are a little too tight in the hips. I am between sizes. I never would've thought I would be wearing 12's a year ago. Starting size this time last year was 20 in pants. Tops were XXL. Now 12 pants and small in tops. No more lane bryant.... Sorry nothing against lane bryant just like shopping coldwater creek now. :smile1:

Deb

youre doing awesome and its nice to have a realistic goal, because then if you get down to the docs goal its like a bonus. unfortunately i have fallen into the trap of trying to make the docs goal and that stupid little WII character on the fitness game, and i stress over the fact that i cant get the last 6lbs off, i have lost 100lbs since 2/28/11 and keep bouncing within 2-3lbs. uuuurrrrgggghhhh. i should be happy that ive gone from size 18-20 to size 6-8 (5'6") and leave it at that. after all, i was probably in grade school when i wore those sizes lol

yea I did the same thing. I was so hell bent on getting to 122. Then it hit me if I was super small I could easily see that for me. However I am not a super small person. So I have re-set my mind into the realistic goal of 135. That is much more attainable to me then the 122. But if I get there we will see how I look at that weight. It may or may not suit my medium frame. But when I reach 135 I may start maintence. I will have to re-evaulate my situation when I get there. We are all different. I may get with my PCP and get her take. We have all done such an amazing job on reaching the last milestone on our journey. Lets see where it takes us. :)

Deb

Wow! You all are such inspirations for me. I get sleeved next Saturday and I cannot wait to be able to post awesome stats like this!!! I am squeezing, and I stress SQUEEZING, into 16's but should righfully be in 18's..... :( I cant imagine being in a size 10 or 12 for longer than 6 months! I was probably that old when i was wearing that size!! ;)

Congrats to you all for your hard work and rockin' that sleeve!!! And thank you for sharing your experiences too!!!

Thank You!!! That means so much!! You will no doubt post stats like these or even BETTER!!!! I love my sleeve. This has been one decision that I do not regret ever making. I would do it again in a New York minute!! Granted I have had trial and error, however no regrets what so ever!!!!

Good luck on your journey. Keep us updated. :)

Deb