Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved By Dr. Kelly 1/30/2012

So I'm writing from Florence Hospital where I was sleeved by Dr. Kelly yesterday. I won't lie yesterday was a bit rough, I had lots of gas pain and nausea and vomiting. Everybody kept telling me that it would be better tmw and they were right!!! I feel so much better today, gas pains are minimal and after I showered I felt like a new women. florence hoapital is older but very clean and the staff has been great!! Trish has been awesome and has made sure my guest was well taken care of and always had something to eat. This was the first time that I have ever had surgery and to have it out of the country was a bit scary but well worth it!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better today and thank you for posting, I cannot wait to see Trish and Dr. Kelly March 1st!

Congratulations, I am so happy for you! Tell Trish that I said hi! And, welcome to the Loser's Bench!

CONGRATS!!! I'm sorry you had a rough first day. I had a little of the gas discomfort but no nausea or vomiting. I absolutely loved Trish and Dr Kelly too! I'm so glad you are sleeved, welcome to the Losers club!

:)

congratulations to you! May you get stronger and feel better each day! Please write lots of details when you feel better.

Hi, I'm a newbie! glad everything went well for you and the pain has subsided. I wish you a happy and speedy recovery!

I was glad to find this post and see all th members who have used him. am strongly considering Dr Kelly. I've recently received a private message from a member who warnd me about Dr Kelly. Made comments to me that makes me feel I should research more. I'm apprehensive now

Pinklyfe,

You mean you just joined tonight and you already have people private messaging you discouraging you from using a certain Dr? Did they recommend a different Dr? It's sad, but there are people who will do this to make money off booking you surgery with a different surgeon. Please be careful, but I agree, everyone should do a lot of research. Just don't take one persons advise, there are people that have ulterior motives but act as though they are advising you out of concern. They are really just a bunch of greedy vultures and can't be trusted and don't have your best interest at heart. You can go to a persons profile and click on posts or content to see if they have been contributing on the forum for support or just using it to start drama.

Good luck to you, and I wish you well on your research!! Most of the people are here to offer you support and good advise, so please stick around!

No, let me explain. I joined another bariatric surgery forum..this past week and it was there that they sent me a private message. I not so sure if they are a shill because They gave me specific things to ask. Like names of two hospitals in mx to call and ask why dr Kelly doesn't have OR privileges and links to check his credentials etc. And they talked about the patient he lost that it wasn't a pulmonary embolus. She bleed out cus her artery was nicked. (that happens here to. I work in a one of our countries major teaching institution and medical center) ..I thought I had decided. But now...I just don't know....

Wow, sounds like a coordinator trying to get your business. You ave to go with whom you feel most comfortable, but just know that these forums are crawling with coordinators who want to take business from each other. I have witnessed that some of them will stop at nothing. Try not be be influenced by extreme posts.

I really don't think it's from a coordinator because her whole message is just about doing further investigation and check his credentials. She never once mentions another DR to use. In e 2 messages she has sent me. She even mentions her Sister and cousin used Dr Kelly recently and she was happy there was no incident.

I really think its a concerned member

I used Dr Kelly and Trish too - and could not be more pleased. I am a year out - made my goal in less than 10 months. I consider Trish a friend... Please tell her hi from Kimmie in MInnesota... she'll know me - we still talk and text often. I love them both!

Kim

So I'm post op day 2 and I feel Great!! The gas pains are gone. I had my leak test today and the solution was horrible but I passed so thats the most important part. I had such a wonderful experience with Dr. Kelly and Trish and feel I have just made one of the best decisions of my LIFE!!

So happy for you! Congratulations and happy healing and weightloss!!!