Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Was Your Experience At Florence Hospital?

If all goes tro plan, and I get to book my date for sure--I'll be leaving right as you arrive--ships that pass in the night LOL!

Yes, you will have to post and let me know how things went! Are you as excited and nervous as I am??

I think Oasis of Hope/Florence hospital has since corrected this major problem of them not "allowing" patients with a BMI of under 40 to go through with a procedure- in my case, I spent 2 months prior to surgery eating 1200 calories a day and I had a personal trainer- I was already looking good! :) But Dr. Kelly encouraged this healthy behavior, as it would only help my surgery, and he had verified paperwork from my pcp that I was indeed obese at the time I booked surgery. I was a BMI of 30-31 when they weighed me in at Oasis of Hope/Florence.

You should be fine, florence is a nice hospital and I was well taken care of.

When I spoke to Trish in regards to using Dr Kelly. I told her my BMI was 36. She told me not to lose any weight cus MX bottom line BMI is 33. Is this a new BMI criteria? How were you able to get surgery at 30-31 BMI?

I had surgery with Dr Kelly 12/28/11. My bmi was 31. I had zero problems. I went thru Dr Kelly himself at jrkelly45@hotmail.com.

Mi Doctor Hospital is less than 2 years old. Because my sister had her surgery at florence and my cousin at Mi Doctor, I was able to visit both hospitals. My cousin did have her leak test at Mi Doctor and my sister at Angeles. This is just my opinion, but compared to Florence I liked Mi Doctor better.

I had surgery with Dr. Kelly on monday 1/30/2012 and left Florence Hospital today and I'm writing from my hotel room at the Lucerna Hotel. florence is a older hospital but the staff was great all my needs were met and the staff was very prompt!! Dr Kelly and Trish were great and the Lucerna is a beautiful hotel.

I am having my surgery on 2/20/12 with Dr. Kelly. my flights are booked. Can anyone advise me on the itinerary. Who picks you up from the airport? Where are you taken next? How long is the drive from San Diego Airport to the Hospital? Im just nervous guys. HELP!

I am having my surgery with Dr. Kelly on March 20th. Can't wait, so nervous and excited at the same time.

I am having my surgery with Dr. Kelly on March 20th. Can't wait, so nervous and excited at the same time.

Assuming I get mine on the 10th, I wil have left just before you get there, but I'll let you know how it goes,.

Assuming I get mine on the 10th, I wil have left just before you get there, but I'll let you know how it goes,.

I am going to be there right between you guys, my surgery is March 15th! So excited and nervous at the same time! :)

Mine is on the 23rd! Maybe I will see you there!

Evening Ladies... any one mind having a PM (or even over the phone) to talk about our upcoming surgeries with Dr. Kelly? Just got off the phone with Trish... and well.... uh ... I'd rather a private conversation than to post on the blog..

Thoughts?