Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Information On How To Pay

Ive decided to have surgery and I'm going to use Trish as a point person. Dr. Ponce or Kelly will do my surgery. How do you send payment to these guys and how secure is it? How do you really know who you are speaking to.?

If you go directly with Dr Kelly, you bring a cashiers check. I didn't even need to put down a deposit..... (i dont know if this is common with everbody or not, but its just what i experienced)....But I hear if you go through the coordinators you pay them directly because they make a profit from the booking.

If you Book through Trish, You have to sent a $1500 down payment 2 weeks prior. I use Western Union online and everything went well. The remainder you bring with a cashiers check when you arrive.

ditto!

If you go directly with Dr Kelly, you bring a cashiers check. I didn't even need to put down a deposit..... (i dont know if this is common with everbody or not, but its just what i experienced)....But I hear if you go through the coordinators you pay them directly because they make a profit from the booking.

Exactly my experience. I will bring a cashier's check and deliver it by hand when I get there. ALso, by going directly through Dr. Kelly, you don't pay the coordinator fee.

I even had to remind Dr Kelly's assistant Anaid that I have a check and she said don't worry about it know, let's get you all set up in the hospital first. I was at the hospital for hours and after all the pre-op tests before I gave them the check. That made me feel good that it wasn't the first thing they asked for when I got picked up.

Exactly my experience. I will bring a cashier's check and deliver it by hand when I get there. ALso, by going directly through Dr. Kelly, you don't pay the coordinator fee.

That's what Dr. Kelly told me, don't worry about it and just bring the check with you. I am glad to not have to send the deposit as I was a little worried about the fee my bank charges for wire transfers. So good deal that the payment is a little easier. Also, I am glad to see they didn't ask you for the check the minute you got there, that's nice.

I'm considering Dr Kelly. How do you connect directly with Dr Kelly directly? What did you pay him? so far talked to trish. She quoted me 5500.00

Thank you!

I posted Dr Kelly's contact info in a separate post, but here it is. I paid $6000 because I had a revision from lap-band, but $5500 appears to be the going rate for Dr Kelly based on what others have posted.

Here is Dr Kelly's contact info.

Tel: 619-793-4869 or 619-395-5347

Email: jrkelly45@hotmail.com

Good Luck!

I'm considering Dr Kelly. How do you connect directly with Dr Kelly directly? What did you pay him? so far talked to trish. She quoted me 5500.00

Thank you!

So I have a question what does the 5500 cover? Is that just the surgery, or is it the surgery, tests etc? And do they do all the test the same day as the surgery since it's out of country? Also wouldn't it be more expensive to make travel arrangements, and costs of hotels etc to go another country, rather than just doing the surgery here in the states?

I just came back from MX. Dr. Kelly was my surgeon and Trish was my coordinatoe. Both were excellent.

The price includes everything except airfare and meals , if you bring a friend along. It covers all the test, hotel, transporatation from and to the airport, except for tip, if you want.

Just for the record, my understanding. You do not pay this hefty fee to the coordinator, she does not jack the price up. I found with my experience that it would be the same price with or without a coordinator. It was $5500.00. Also, I liked the fact that Trish is in Tijauna, not a voice over the telephone. She treats you well and you feel like your on a mini vacation. They both check on you everyday, every step of the way. I must say, I felt very very comfortable with Dr. Kelly as well. With or without your in excellent hands. :)

Dr. Kelly is having a special Feb and March for $5000 and you pay him when u get there.Im schduled for March the 29.

Thats great