Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice Needed On Moving Past 6 Month Stall

At about 6 months I hit a stall. I haven't lost weight in 4 weeks. I am starting to get frustrated and concerned. Up until this point I have consistantly been losing weight each week. Anyone else experience this situation? I have considered hiring a dietician, personal trainer, therapist and/or going back to Weight Watchers. I do have a limited funds and can't do them all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

LilMissDiva posted a boot camp in Post Op Questions that you might want to try. It involves going back to basics in order to jump start weight loss again.

Of course, you need to determine if you are really in a stall, or if you are losing inches instead of pounds right now. Every time I "stall", I start looking for the NSV's. I dropped 10 pounds almost overnight about 10 days ago, and haven't lost an ounce since. However, I've dropped another pants size and I'm seeing the results in my waist and hips. I've upped my workouts a bit, added more Water and am staying strict on eating my Protein. However, I don't really consider this a stall because I'm visibly losing inches.

If you haven't measured yet, this would be a good time to do so. Then you have something to compare it to if/when you "stall" again.

Good luck with your journey! :)

ava2011,

frustration is the worst part of this! and 4 weeks with no movement is certainly frustrating. However, Lissa makes some great points...are you getting smaller? Take measurements as they can show a more accurate figure than the scales. When I stall, which I do frequently I tend to lose inches. I haven't lost a lb since the end of Oct but I've lost nearly 2 inches? - I am 19mths out now BTW!

In the early days, and around the 6mths marker, my weight loss froze too...but I got smaller and dropped clothes size.

This might just be a time for your body to readjust again...try not to get too stressed over it because I can tell you, from my experience, is that you will lose more.

Have a look at Diva's bootcamp... that might help you kick start the weight loss again.

Good luck and let us know how you get on =]

All I can say is "ditto" what Lissa and Coops have said. Was curious though if you would mind sharing your results so far. How much further do you have to go? When you start getting closer to goal, it can take a little longer too. I am noticing that myself. I have just under 30# to go, although, I may try to go a little further since I still have so much loose skin and see if that helps. I hate having to wear things like Spanx everytime I want to wear a nice blouse or to keep from spilling over my jeans. It just makes me feel fatter than I am...

Keep the faith!!!

I can so relate...I was yo yo'd around 155 for about 5 mos. I finally decided that if my body said this is where is should be I should accept it. I was wearing a size 10 pants and size 14/L tops. I hadn't been this size since high school (actually before Jr high-LOL). I just ate what I needed, still concentrating on Protein and Water and kept walking. I finally started losing again a few pounds and got down to 148 at my lowest. But then life got in the way again....my mother was diagnosed with congestive heart failure the weekend my daughter got married. I survived a serious car accident, moved my parents 500 miles from IL to AL and moved them in with me and then last month my father fell and broke his hip. This all since October. I have put back on 5 lbs but I know that I am not getting in my walks like I use to-plus it is winter. Just be patient-that is hardest thing to accept but it may take a while for your body to catch up. I have dropped another pants size to a size 8 and shirts to Med the last time I was at the store. I know that I will lose these 5 lbs and the final 5 that I want but my body will let me know when it is time. Hang in there!

hi all

is the fact that our stomachs are now 85% smaller than a normal stomach, does that contribute to the fact that we have a tendency to stall more often, and for a longer time?

Possible?

kathy

I can so relate...I was yo yo'd around 155 for about 5 mos. I finally decided that if my body said this is where is should be I should accept it. I was wearing a size 10 pants and size 14/L tops. I hadn't been this size since high school (actually before Jr high-LOL). I just ate what I needed, still concentrating on Protein and Water and kept walking. I finally started losing again a few pounds and got down to 148 at my lowest. But then life got in the way again....my mother was diagnosed with congestive heart failure the weekend my daughter got married. I survived a serious car accident, moved my parents 500 miles from IL to AL and moved them in with me and then last month my father fell and broke his hip. This all since October. I have put back on 5 lbs but I know that I am not getting in my walks like I use to-plus it is winter. Just be patient-that is hardest thing to accept but it may take a while for your body to catch up. I have dropped another pants size to a size 8 and shirts to Med the last time I was at the store. I know that I will lose these 5 lbs and the final 5 that I want but my body will let me know when it is time. Hang in there!

hi all

is the fact that we lost 85% our stomach have anything to do with our frequent and longer stalls? Just wondering. Thanx

kathy

Thank you to all! What great advice. I have lost 75lbs so far and have 30lbs to go. I haven't been measuring inches and will get right on that. Anyone tried weight watchers post op?

Thank you to all! What great advice. I have lost 75lbs so far and have 30lbs to go. I haven't been measuring inches and will get right on that. Anyone tried weight watchers post op?

Honestly? I don't think you need to. Just keep on it, and the weight will go. I was on a gain (just that much worse than a stall-4pounds) during the holidays, got back on track and lost after 6 weeks of stall and gain. Your body will come through when it feels like it... sometimes that might be months. If you are doing everything else right, then measure, try on smaller sizes now and then, and shake things ups once in a while. Weight Watchers is not really made for the VSG. You got your support system right here for free... write it all down if you don't already and sit tight.

I am starting my 6th month and have 30-40 more to go, I too have stalled since New Years. Don't give up!

Have you tried myfittnesspal.com? It does help keep track of everything you eat.