Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Replying To Posts

For someone that's leaving, you sure do post a lot. Either leave or don't - no one is going to beg you to stay here when you're as rude as you have been.

yes. I think you were extremely rude and unhelpful. Just because you have the account, doesn't mean you have to use it.

No, Anderson, I have not turned nasty to you. I am stating the facts as I see them. If I were nasty, I would have said something negative about you. I didn't do that; I simply didn't agree with everything you said. One thing I learned in counseling is that "We can disagree and still be friends".

After your posts that I took to imply you thought the surgery patient was lying, I looked her up to see if she had ever posted before and she has. Her posts have been about various things, so I'm inclined to believe that she is posting her personal experience.

There are other forums out there besides this one that are just as good. I have been using a second one and do not have issues like this one.

Dont let the door hit you where there Good Lord split you.

Mr. Anderson seems to have multiple personalities and I have FIRST-HAND experience with that.

Unlike people like YOU, I am here to support and be supported and not to boss people around and be rude.

Gotta love the BLOCK USER tool. :)

This is just a suggestion when replying to someone elses post. Just possibly when replying to someones post you could just respond to the post. Some feel the need to "quote" others posts to make their post seem more important. Each and every person who posts in this forum is entitled to their own opinion without others picking it apart. It is theirs and not yours so try and be considerate of others.

Post you own thoughts and leave the others opinions alone.

How does using the quote feature make another's post seem more important? It clarifies the exact thought that is being referenced. It makes for more clarity.

If you don't like it, don't use it. Or perhaps ask what it is for instead of incorrectly assuming?

This whole entire thread makes no sense at all.

People use the quote feature so that they can refer back to what they are posting about.

Hi everyone. Let's remember we're all human and we all make mistakes. Sometimes I think my posts can seem kind of harsh when I re-read them. I never mean to be rude, but can come across that way when I'm in a hurry. I think that can happen to every one of us.

I do quote others from time to time but that's because I want people to be certain what I'm replying to. We're all here for the same reason (I think)... we want support in our journey. So let's lift each other up instead of tear each other down. There are plenty of other people out there in this world willing to tear us down.

Love y'all!!

I think quoting someone in particular is actually a really effective way of getting a point across to the individual you are referencing. Sometimes when a thread is extremely long and I say something but don't quote who I'm talking to, its always a sure thing that the last person to post before me will think I'm talking to them... true story.

:wink1:

In the interest of protecting everyone from potential harm, I just wanted to let everyone know that andersonlj is back. His new handle is IowaAndy.

Irene, on other forums, when you ban someone, you can block their IP. Is that not possible here?

He responded to my inquiry with a nasty private message from this post. I guess he didn't like that I recognized him after his rant about what a terrible site VST was and how there were much better support sites out there. Yet, he is back.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/30290-its-girl-scout-cookie-seasonaaarrrrgggghhh/page__p__261496#entry261496

Just be careful, y'all. I can handle his poison, but others may not.