Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Side By Side / Before & Now Photos... Yayyy!

Never let anyone tell you there is an end to the weight loss with the sleeve, never allow anyone to put an "expiration date" on your tool. The only one person who has control over that is YOU!! If you believe it, you will BE IT!!

Be LOUD Be PROUD... OWN IT!!! Keep on fighting!!!

I've been thinking about what you said above and reminding myself of that. After I met with my doctor earlier and told her my ultimate goal was 175. I'm 5'7 and don't think that is too low. She was reminding me that I won't lose as much as I have at first. That I will continue to lose but at a slower rate. She doesn't want me to set myself up for failure and be disappointed I didn't get to that magic number. Yes I understand what she is saying but I think having a goal like that is motivating to me. Of course I will reevaluate where I am as I get lower and lower but I still think that goal is attainable.

As I was driving home thinking about the conversation and feeling a little discouraged I remembered your post and it hit home with me!!! I will keep on fighting! I will kick these last 70 lbs @%* ! :smile1:

Irene,

You are a REAL inspiration to so many of us!!! Your pictures are absolutely AWESOME!!! I wish I looked as good as you do! I am ten pounds below you, and wearing a size 8 which is OK, but no way could I get into a size 2/4/or 6!

I am still trying to work out and loose more on top. where I am more of a 12/14. Have always been bigger on top and wish I could get both halves to equalize! A dress is out of the question for me now, as the top is either skin tight (which I just can not stand to wear) or the bottom is so big it looks clownish on me. So I am going with seperates and hope that I look stylist and well dressed.

I REALLY appreciate your remark about there being no "expiration date" on how long our sleeves will work. I have been worried since I am now 7 months out and still have 10 pounds to loose. I want to get to goal so badly, but am worried since my rate of loss has slowed down to barely preceptible. I have gained and lost the same 2-3 pounds about 15 times in the last 1-2 months. Today is a good day, but tomorrow I will probably gain a pound or two. It seems that my body "plays around" with the weight for days (or weeks) at a time, and then all of a sudden will drop a pound or two. For ages I teetered on the 168-170 edge. I would weight 168, and rejoice, then the next day 170, then the next 169 then 170 again, and so forth, Then all of a sudden I was 167. And then I started again, 166, 168, 169, 167, etc. I am firmly around 160 now, but the battle continues, up a pound, down a pound or two, up two pounds, etc. DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!

But I am trying to weigh only every 3-4 days, sometimes every week (I have trouble holding out that long!) so that I don't get crazy and obcess about it. When I was first sleeved, every time I peed or pooped I would strip and weigh myself. Spent half my time dressing and undressing. Finally decided that I had to stop that before I wore my clothes out and got blisters from unfastening and refastening my bra!

Anyway, the gist of this message is to thank you for being an inspiration to each and every one of us. Many times after we get sleeved and get a good start on our journey, we sort of "fall away" from being active on this set of boards. We quit reading and posting and just sort of drift away. We forget that we owe a debt to those that encouraged us, helped us, advised us, celerated with us, etc our first few days, weeks, months, etc. So a big THANK YOU to you for keeping us fired up, encouraged, enthused, informed, etc. You are an INSPIRATION! Thanks! And keep posting your comments AND your pictures!!!

@SunnyD - I'm so glad you remembered my words as you were thinking about your conversation with your Dr. They go by typical results and statistics. However, I refuse to be a 'statistic'!!! Right now is a bad time for me, I hate winter and I hate being out in the cold. So, I don't really go out and go for walks or anything like that. Walking outside in the warm sunshine has always been such a mood booster for me, and I really miss this. So for the time being I'm just maintaining... letting my plastic surgeries take full effect. I'm sitting idle and I'm ok with it. I am 170 Lbs too Sunny, and I am also 5'7. I have lost a lot of weight, so I know for a FACT its possible to get here! Hugs!! You can do it too!!

@Helenthecat - Thank you darlin for that amazing post!! I can't tell you how much that touched my heart. :) The moral of the story in all that is... you are STILL losing. Hugs!! You got this!!

You need Billboard I tell you! Billboard :smile1:

I am going to send my side by side to Bob Harper's FB page. He often posts them up. That would be awesome!!!

That would be awesome! Do it girl!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 3 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

3. NickelChip

I think it's important to remember that the weight charts and BMI ranges were developed a very long time ago and only intended to be applied to people who have never been overweight or obese. Those numbers aren't for us. When you are larger, especially for a long time, your body develops extra bone to support the weight. Your organs get a little bigger to handle the extra mass. Your entire infrastructure increases so you can support and function with the extra weight. That doesn't all go away just because you burn off the excess fat. If you still had a pair of jeans from your skinniest point in life and then lost weight to get to the exact number on the scale you were when those jeans fit you, chances are they would be a little baggy now because you would actually be thinner than you were, even though the scale and the BMI chart disagree. When in doubt, listen to the jeans, not the scale!

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches