Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Always Ccccold!

Has anyone else found that they are cold - following their VSG? I have always been comfortable in our house set at 67-68. My kids have always complained, and I've been less than sympathetic. Now, I am FROZEN! So, I throw on a sweater, big deal. I'm not complaining. I just find it rather humorous that I, too, am cold. (Turning up the heat is not an option.) LOL. I take It as a trade-off.

I agree. I've bought several cute (thrift store) sweaters and a couple of thick bathrobes, added a couple of blankets to the bed. I'd much rather be cold than have that 81 pounds of insulation back!!! :)

I just find the irony and humor in it. My kids have always wanted me to turn up the heat - but I refuse. They'll NEVER hear me say "I'm cold", although I'll secretly be wanting to ooch it up myself. Lol

Yes I had the same problem for about 3 weeks after I had my surgery which was on Dec 20th 2011. I think it was caused by the blood thinner that I rec'd while I was at the hospital. I have always been a hot natured person until I lost 90lbs a few years ago. I geuss I lost some of my insulation during that time, Lol!!! Really the only way I get cold now is if my feet get cold then the rest of me gets cold. One day recently I was so cold in the house that I had put on my gown, some thick pj pants, some thick socks, house shoes, my thick housecoat, some gloves and my toboggin, and covered up with a blanket on the couch, LOL. My husband thought I was crazy and of course he was hot. I've decided that I hate winter and want to move to a warmer climate.

I too have been cold since my surgery. I have always been a hot person running around the house in shorts and a tee shirt. Now when I sit and watch tv at night I have a blanket that I cover up with and snuggle in. I know that is has to do with the changes that are going on in our bodies. I hope that this cool thing continues into the summer as some days I suffer from the heat and humidity. Maybe that was due to the fact that I was overweight.....here hoping to a cooler summer for me.

I, too, am always cold. I have invested in sweaters, hoodies, long underwear, camisoles, and warm houseshoes. No more walking around my house barefoot!

Me t-t-t-t-t-too! It may have something to do with the fact that I'm living of less that 300 calories a day.

I am really cold at times now. I have been getting hot in the evening times lately. It's really confusing for me. I would rather be cold and able to bundle up than hot though. ;)

I'm colder now, even at 8 months out. I'm not as cold as I was at first. I was freezing all the time for the first few weeks after surgery. I just bundle up and thank heaven I can take off the extra layer instead of permanently wearing it like i did my fat!

Also, once I start moving around I warm up fast. It mostly hits me when I am sitting around.

Lynda

I woke up from surgery cold and have been getting colder ever since!

I now slide into bed beneath 2 comforters, another comforter doubled over just on me (the wife said enoughs enough! ) a blanket and sheet and over a heated mattress pad!

I wear underpantsr, undershirt, socks, fleece bottoms and a henley tee. I STILL wake up cold at times. At work I wear a heavy sweater all the time whereas just over a year ago I had a freakin' FAN blowing on me all the time.

We've discussed possible reasons elsewhere on the forum. Do a search and you'll get a lot of info.

Yes, I wear a lot more clothes now and no longer sweat from just tying my shoes.

Me too! Hadn't thought about the blood thinners... and I love not sweating so much!

I am FFFFFREEEEZING! I can't wait until summer, I will be my own AC!

Same here..except its just my feet that stays cold.

I was expecting this since I had read before my surgery, the hormone that controls hunger "Ghrelin" also controls body temp. One of the production centers of Ghrelin in the body is found on the streatchy part of the stomach...which is the same part removed during a VSG.

Add all that plus loss of mass = higher blanket budget, higher heating bills

Me too! My can't live without item these days is an electric blanket I bought at Target for $35. It is worth every penny. I never felt this way pre-op.