Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is 36 Lbs Lost In 2 Months Good?

I am wondering if 36 lbs lost in 2 months is good. My scales weigh me more than the doctors WONDERFUL scales lol so am not positive and it could be a few lower who knows. Sometimes I feel like I am not losing the right amount, so I am seeing if anyone else can tel me if I am on the right track. I finally bought my first REAL pants a week ago. Only have been able to fit into stretchy jeans that were wayyy to big in the leg and butt areas. And some shirts feel a little easier going on. I just can't wait till i can really see the difference for myself. You are your own worst judge.

Hi LeLe

36lbs in 2 months is great! And you are on the right track. You may even be losing more than others in that time period due to your beginning weight. I'm two months out and I've lost 22lbs. I think of it as a great start considering we didnt put the weight on over night and its coming off much faster then it wouldve if we were trying to diet on our own.

Keep positive thoughts and take care :aureola:

I agree! I'd be THRILLED to go down that much in two months!! Great job!

That is what I lost in 2.5 months! Enjoy it!!! The further out from surgery you get, the rapid weight loss seems to slow down considerably. I say this not to scare you but to encourage you to take full advantage of the honeymoon period of your WLS. Don't stray from program dn keep doing your surgeon's reccomendation. -36 is awesome! Congrats!

Thank you all for the great words. Just wanted to make sure I was doing right. Yall are so wonerful and thank you again

this great! Keep up with doc's orders and exercise to support your muscles and bones. ;)

That is AWESOME! I am down 24 lbs in 6 weeks. I would LOVE to lose 12 more lbs in 2 weeks! :eyebrows:

I think it's great!!!!!!

Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats!!

It sounds good to me! Let's compare : before WLS, it took me almost 16 months to lose 30-some pounds, and you dod the same in two months, lol.

I was sleeved on the 4th, and my last weigh in (only one, actually) post-op I was 10 lbs down, and that was about 4 days ago.

Thank you all again for the comments, It defiantely made me feel better lol. I go the 25th of January for my next post op visit and am excited to see what their lovely scales weigh me in at lol

was trying to fix my Ticker on here, anyone tell me where to put my code in at to show up on my signature???

Go to settings, signature, then copy and post your url.... but make sure it is the url for message boards. There are 2 url addresses on ticker factory, I think it is the top url you will need to copy and paste..... hope this helps!