Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No I Am Not Being Paid To Endorse A Doctor

To the person who has accused me of being paid to endorse a specific doctor in Mexico I can assure that I have no financial agreement with any doctor or group of doctors. I was just trying to tell you to make sure that you had done the research on your doctor before you went ahead with your doctor. I merely suggested that you speak with the doctor or his representative and ask some very important questions.

1) How many surgeries does the doctor perform in a single day? How many sleeve or lapband surgeries will the doctor perform in a single day. Whether it be 5 or 12 I know that I want a doctor that is not tired and at his best when performing my surgery. Also some surgeries are more complex such as the bypass and I do not want the doctor to be doing 5-6 of those in a day and me to be the last one.

2) How many surgeries has the doctor performed over his career of WLS? This is important for several reasons. The more that the doctor has hopefully performed the more skilled that doctor is at his trade. Also I would like to know if the doctor is working with a particular hospital or several different hospitals at the same time and possibly using more than one booking service with different prices.

3) Also what is the doctors success rate for the surgery that you are looking at having performed. Also has the doctor had any deaths in the performance of his surgeries. I want to know this before I put my life in a doctor's hands.

If you think that just because I want to know all I can about the doctor that is going to take my life into his or her hands.....well then just call me concerned.

I am very happy with the doctor that did my surgery and would recommend him to anyone as many people are on here. I am just trying to get people to take some responsibility for their actions and stop putting the blame on others with false claims.

If you do not wish to speak to me then do not send me a message. I too am entitled to my opinion as are you.

Ugg I get sick and tired of the negative nellies out there that can not believe in this surgery. If you do not believe then go away and take your negativity with you. People like me and Andersonlj believe in the sleeve because we ACTUALLY had the damn surgery. People either take the leap of faith or go away.

Wow, did someone actually PM you to accuse you of this? How horrible!! I did read a thread where someone's spouse thought that people had been paid to endorse their doctors, but I chalked that up to ignorance of the board for that person's spouse.

I'm one that thinks my doctor hung the moon, too. I wouldn't be alive if I hadn't had surgery. For me, it was the best thing I ever did and I adore my doctor for making the rest of my life possible. AND, I paid HIM, not the other way around! :)

Thanks to those who have supported me and those that I received personal messages from. I do appreciate it and I do not care who you choosed as long as you are comfortable. I am more than willing to answer questions for anyone no matter who your surgeon may be. Here to help and not to judge like some.