Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fried Foods And Hot Wings Forbidden Forever?

Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone has tried any type of fried food or hot wings after surgery.I know it's bad for you and I don't miss fried foods so much, but buffalo wings were my absolute favorite and I'm wondering will I have to say goodbye to them forever :0(

If you have tried these, how long after surgery and how did they make you feel?

I eat hotwings at least once a week. High on Protein and you cna eat a few of them so they come in little servings. I can eat fried foods but they made me feel sick early out.

I tried 2 grilled buffalo wings for the first time on week 7. They were not hot or breaded. However I have read here that lots of people do not have trouble with spicy foods. It hurt at first because I forgot to slow down and chew. After I paused, it went down well.

Yes!!! This makes me so happy (sad I know lol)! At least I know i won't have to feel deprived from my fave food.< /p>

We used to go to Buffalo Wild Wings (pre-op) once a week. I loved that place! I imagine the chicken is good, but the sauces may not be so good. I'll have to check the nutrition facts. Can't wait though!!

I have had wings twice since surgery and i am out 5 weeks. The first time was week 3.5 and they were little caesars which were terrible, they also hurt going down. The second time i ate wings i made sure to chew more and had no issues.

I've had wings here and there. It's not really diet friendly, but I only eat 2-3 of them so I can still fit them in my daily plan.

I had grilled hot wings dipped in a little ranch dressing....no problems at all----could only eat 3 pieces, but that was fine----that was at about 6 weeks out. I'm not eating meats during the month of January---but you better believe I will have my wings for Super Bowl! Blessings2u--BJ

I have BW3 occasionally - they are higher in fat/calories than I would like on my food plan, but it's an OK splurge every once in a while. They are high in Protein, which is a plus. I would agree with the previous posters that a better choice might be to buy fresh wings and bake or grill them rather than eat them fried. Some of the bottled sauces may be a little high in carbs but otherwise probably not too bad.

A lot of fried foods do make my stomach pretty upset (like onion rings, etc.) so I have avoided them for the most part. Not a bad problem to have given that most fried foods are really not friendly on a sleeve diet anyway!

Oh, if you're craving chicken wings post-op (during the purees/mushy phases, for example) check out the buffalo chicken dip recipe on this forum that I posted - it is seriously delicious, I have a pan of it in my fridge and often have a 1/4 cup of it with a few reduced-fat wheat thins as a snack that is pretty high in Protein.< /p>

I don't do spicy, but I have had chicken wings. I generally eat them with a little BBQ Sauce or teriyaki sauce because if they are "wet" they seem to go down better. I can only eat a couple at a time though.

good to know - garlic parm wings from wingstop are my favorite thing :)

Pre-op, chicken wings were probably my favorite food. But for some reason I can't eat them now, or dark meat chicken of any sort. All I taste is the fat and grease and they're just not good to me.

I'll probably get slammed for this but whatever, no food is forbidden ever. . . it's how you use that food to your advantage. If you over indulge, well you'll gain weight of course. . . moderation is the key and as someone who is out going into my 3rd year, I have hit my doctors goal, surpassed it, and am maintaining beautifully. I eat my 3 meals a day with healthy Snacks and yes on the occasion i do indulge in yummies. I'm livin my life now and totally lovin it! Good luck !