Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Definitely Regret Surgery.... So Far!

that regret will never subside because that experience will always be there. am i happy i had it? yes. am i happy im small? yes. am i grateful i lived? yes. would i do it again? absolutely not. do i regret doing it BECAUSE OF WHAT I EXPERIENCED? absolutely.

i may sound crazy or as if im contradicting myself but its the only way i can express myself.

nah I think I get it. Is it maybe that you don't regret the surgery, but you regret the path it took after - which can be exclusive of each other. I'm very glad you lived and are healthy now :)

that regret will never subside because that experience will always be there. am i happy i had it? yes. am i happy im small? yes. am i grateful i lived? yes. would i do it again? absolutely not. do i regret doing it BECAUSE OF WHAT I EXPERIENCED? absolutely.

i may sound crazy or as if im contradicting myself but its the only way i can express myself.

Jas I think that the only people who really "Get" what you are saying are those who have walked a mile in your shoes. I am losing weight as well, but I deeply regret having had this surgery. What I put myself through and my family, nearly dying to lose the weight? I think it would be hard to not regret going down that road if you've experienced it first hand.

I forgot to add...its not a 1% complication rate on this surgery. That's the MORTALITY rate. Complication rates are 3 to 5% depending on the study you read, with those that are in the highest obesity categories thrown out of the study because their risks are so much higher.

nah I think I get it. Is it maybe that you don't regret the surgery' date=' but you regret the path it took after - which can be exclusive of each other. I'm very glad you lived and are healthy now :)[/quote']

I'm not sure I could ever separate the surgery from the path. The path would have never been taken had it not been for the surgery. They're part and parcel of the same issue (at least to me).

When my son was born he was very ill with a rare disorder this affects 1 in 30,000,000. We chased diagnoses and did everything we could to keep him alive while doing so. The four years we did that were hell, for him and us. People ask, well if you had to do it all over again would you? They are always surprised that I say "NO". While I love my son, and would never let him go for all the tea in china, we suffered immensely. I would never knowingly put a child through that hell or walk that road again myself. My husband feels the same. People don't understand that because they didn't live it. I get that they don't understand, much like this surgery regret I feel. You can never explain the agony and the pain.

Interesting last discussion. It's like me choosing to not have kids. Some people will admit to me they love their kids but they wouldn't do it again if they had a choice. Parents don't often feel free to tell each other this. And I understand for many reasons--- sometimes the pain is so great it wouldn't be worth it no matter what the outcome (or good stuff that happens).

perfect way of wording it.

i dont regret the surgery, i regret the path it took which was caused by surgery and out of my control. surgery almost killed me but it also has saved my life in more than one way. being that it almost killed me, i wouldnt risk it again but i do thank god that i made it through and that i look and feel how i do!

nah I think I get it. Is it maybe that you don't regret the surgery, but you regret the path it took after - which can be exclusive of each other. I'm very glad you lived and are healthy now :)

perfect way of wording it.

i dont regret the surgery' date=' i regret the path it took which was caused by surgery and out of my control. surgery almost killed me but it also has saved my life in more than one way. being that it almost killed me, i wouldnt risk it again but i do thank god that i made it through and that i look and feel how i do!

[/quote']

Well said!

Well said!

thank you

i weighed in today!

ima size 2 in stretch jeans!

147lbs!

down 126lbs.

bmi is 27.8

12lbs from goal

i weighed in today!

ima size 2 in stretch jeans!

147lbs!

down 126lbs.

bmi is 27.8

12lbs from goal

Jasleeve I know the initial road was very rough for you but you're doing so well! Continue the great work! I'll be sleeved on November 19 and you really have been my inspiration....so, thank you!

aw thank you! & congrats! i pray all goes well for you <3

Jasleeve I know the initial road was very rough for you but you're doing so well! Continue the great work! I'll be sleeved on November 19 and you really have been my inspiration....so, thank you!

aw thank you! & congrats! i pray all goes well for you <3

Thank you so much!

i cant believe that today marks a yearsince i changed my life. wow!

i walked in that hospital as one person & rolled out in a wheel chair as another!

i went thru hell & back to get where i am but i am so glad that i made it!

i started at 273lbs. im now 142lbs! :)

thank you for all the love & support everyone!

i cant believe that today marks a yearsince i changed my life. wow!

i walked in that hospital as one person & rolled out in a wheel chair as another!

i went thru hell & back to get where i am but i am so glad that i made it!

i started at 273lbs. im now 142lbs! :)

thank you for all the love & support everyone!

You have me feeling so much better right now, you sounded exactly like I do now. I was recently told that I have a stricture, it's excruciating to eat and I want to feel normal again. It's hit me so bad that I've sunk into a depression, I very rarely get out of bed and I'm in a funk because I don't feel normal. I'm glad you're doing better.

i am soooooo sorry to hear & i pray that u get better. plz keep us posted

You have me feeling so much better right now, you sounded exactly like I do now. I was recently told that I have a stricture, it's excruciating to eat and I want to feel normal again. It's hit me so bad that I've sunk into a depression, I very rarely get out of bed and I'm in a funk because I don't feel normal. I'm glad you're doing better.