Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Definitely Regret Surgery.... So Far!

lol i thought thesamething preop but now that im post op, im a little jealous! it was asports restaurant (buffalo wild wings) & everyone was downing beers (UFC FIGHT NIGHT) and were screaming & eating wings! i was sitting there looking over everything on the menu! i even got jealous cuz i couldnt drink soda! i was sipping on my Water but very little because i knew i was about to eat. i truly miss eating & drinking. some ppl can do it (i think u have to keep doing it and just get used to it) & i think its a habit that i may want to participate in. lol. one day i will gain the balls to try & eat & drink at thesametime. i know unlike others, i can drink and then eat right after. a lot of ppl experience pain if they do so. i can also drink within 10mins of finishing eating when others have to wait a hr or they experience pain. i can also finish my food within 10mins where others have to eat slower or they experience pain. i think my sleeve is weird! lol. i wanted my sleeve so i could cut my portions. i ate like a man before! i had no problem downing 5 REGULAR slices (not tiny ones like dominos) with 2 tall glasses of pepsi. i probably wouldnt be able to finish a dominos slice if i wanted to right now. i havent tried bread or anything yet. although im dying to, im going to wait awhile.

Glad to hear you are doing better. Here are a couple of pointers for you:

- Drinking after eating is not OK - not because it causes you pain - because it washes the food out of your stomach before it has been there long enough for you to feel satisfied and for digestion to start. Even if it doesn't cause you pain - it is best not to drink within 30 minutes of eating.

- Even if it doesn't cause you pain to eat fast, try to slow down. You should try to make your meal last 20 minutes. Again, this is to help you feel satisfied. Somehow our brains want us to be eating for 20 minutes before they think "enough!" So you may need to eat a bite or two, wait a few minutes, eat a bit or two, etc.

Good Luck!

on my way to the ER. :'(

when does it end?

i read ppl's post saying they are getting surgery or excited about surgery & i want to tell them to RUN!!! dont do it. i feel really bad for them jumping on this train. after this, i wouldnt recommend it to no one!!

when does it end?

i read ppl's post saying they are getting surgery or excited about surgery & i want to tell them to RUN!!! dont do it. i feel really bad for them jumping on this train. after this, i wouldnt recommend it to no one!!

Jasleeve, I hope that your only going through a short period of suffering for a lifetime of happiness. Your situation seems to be pretty bad. Did you feel any symptoms with your leak? Did your stomach feel funny or did you feel fine and were surprised when the doctors told you? Is your insurance covering the ER bills and stuff?

they found it 5 weeks out. i was bad week 2-3. i was great week 4-5 except throwing up bile 2x. my insurance covers the bills.

Jasleeve, I hope that your only going through a short period of suffering for a lifetime of happiness. Your situation seems to be pretty bad. Did you feel any symptoms with your leak? Did your stomach feel funny or did you feel fine and were surprised when the doctors told you? Is your insurance covering the ER bills and stuff?

Thinking of you and sending prayers.

I felt the same as I was going through everything - wanting to tell people don't do it! That has passed for now but I still am not encouraging anyone to do it either. What an ordeal, huh? And if you haven't experienced a major complication, nothing can prepare you for one, at least that is what I think!

when does it end?

you r so not lying!!!

im in the er now. been throwing up non stop. they finLly gave me some zofran & protonix which seems to be working. i cried & begged god to save me!!!!!!! this is so emotional!!!!

i beg to be over thissoon! i want to be normal again! like week 4-5!

Thinking of you and sending prayers.

I felt the same as I was going through everything - wanting to tell people don't do it! That has passed for now but I still am not encouraging anyone to do it either. What an ordeal, huh? And if you haven't experienced a major complication, nothing can prepare you for one, at least that is what I think!

Jasleeve - most of us have followed your story. We are all so very sad for you.

As hard as this is to hear, please try and stay positive, your attitude does help. Your saga must end. hopefully sooner than later.

kathy

i pray its sooner than later!!!

Jasleeve - most of us have followed your story. We are all so very sad for you.

As hard as this is to hear, please try and stay positive, your attitude does help. Your saga must end. hopefully sooner than later.

kathy

I never had a point right after surgery where I felt well, I was just sure being exhausted and feeling sick after eating most Proteins and Vitamins was going to be the norm for me. I feel good now - in the last few weeks I have energy, I don't feel like I need to nap several times a day, and mostly I don't feel sick. That took almost 4 months from when my problems started. Cautiously optimistic - once in a while a Vitamin makes me nauseous (just now!!). Does your program have a social worker/psych? Mine stopped in a few times while I was in the hospital and that helped so much, she really helped me to figure out my emotions - frustration, anger, etc - and deal with them better. (((HUGS)))

you r so not lying!!!

im in the er now. been throwing up non stop. they finLly gave me some zofran & protonix which seems to be working. i cried & begged god to save me!!!!!!! this is so emotional!!!!

i beg to be over thissoon! i want to be normal again! like week 4-5!

wow!!!! i can imagine the regret u mustve been feeling!!!!!!!!! wow im so sorry! i cant tolerate shakes so i dont bother. i wanna feel how i felt prior my stent :(

I never had a point right after surgery where I felt well, I was just sure being exhausted and feeling sick after eating most Proteins and Vitamins was going to be the norm for me. I feel good now - in the last few weeks I have energy, I don't feel like I need to nap several times a day, and mostly I don't feel sick. That took almost 4 months from when my problems started. Cautiously optimistic - once in a while a Vitamin makes me nauseous (just now!!). Does your program have a social worker/psych? Mine stopped in a few times while I was in the hospital and that helped so much, she really helped me to figure out my emotions - frustration, anger, etc - and deal with them better. (((HUGS)))

Still praying for you. Sorry you are going through all of this.

Maybe this will give you a good laugh - I actually wanted the stent when my surgeon mentioned it! It was always mentioned casually. Eventually the PA said "you don't want a stent, trust me" but didn't elaborate. I hope they get the stent figured out for you and you get to feeling better. I think the leak is supposed to heal quicker with the stent so hopefully you won't have to deal with it long. How often will they recheck the leak for you?

wow!!!! i can imagine the regret u mustve been feeling!!!!!!!!! wow im so sorry! i cant tolerate shakes so i dont bother. i wanna feel how i felt prior my stent :(

i really wanted him to go back in & fix the issue! i didnt want the stent. they had me do another upper gi series & everything is good. everythings flowing nicely. hes sending me home with meds for nausea.

Maybe this will give you a good laugh - I actually wanted the stent when my surgeon mentioned it! It was always mentioned casually. Eventually the PA said "you don't want a stent, trust me" but didn't elaborate. I hope they get the stent figured out for you and you get to feeling better. I think the leak is supposed to heal quicker with the stent so hopefully you won't have to deal with it long. How often will they recheck the leak for you?

I'm sorry you are going thru this. I think the others are spot on, you arn't getting enough protien and fluids.

Some suggestions on the protien. Stick with clear protien drinks like proti or powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. Also, try organic Soups with whey power added to get a way from the protien/shake taste.

Pay attention to Fluid tempature, some tummies react to cold, others to warm.

Time of day, first thing in the morning was when I had the worst tummy issues.

I was tired the first 8 weeks post-op. I'm now a little over four months and have more energy then in years. Last weekend I swam 3/4 a mile AND took the kids sleeding and ran up and down the hill for an hour or so in the cold.

It did take me a while to where I could state I love my sleeve but I'm there.

I was talking to another sleever on Facebook who had a leak and they went in and fixed hers after about 5 months of it not healing (she didn't have a stent either) but wouldn't before that because they said the tissue wouldn't hold. She said even at 5 months they weren't sure it would hold. They did exploratory surgery on me when my abscess was discovered to drain it but even then my leak didn't show, not sure if they would have closed it then or not. Each situation seems to be very unique and every doctor takes care of it a little differently.

Hope the nausea meds help!!

i really wanted him to go back in & fix the issue! i didnt want the stent. they had me do another upper gi series & everything is good. everythings flowing nicely. hes sending me home with meds for nausea.