Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Definitely Regret Surgery.... So Far!

i had mine at lawrence in bronxville. they have a great team there.

I am still pre-op, hopefully having my surgery next month. I am having it at White Plains Hospital. It's a small program but I'm satisfied. I also looked at Montefiore and Northern Westchester too. Where did you have yours done?

Just a word of caution. Things like mozzarella sticks, nachos sort of fall into the "slider foods" category. What that means is that it will not fill you up- it will "slide" through your sleeve pretty quickly. I don't know what your NUT or surgeon recommended for you, but my suggestion for you is to really try to focus on your Proteins as MUCH as possible. This is what is going to fill you up QUICKLY and you will stay full for a long time. I know you said you could only eat 1 1/2 mozzarella stick, but it isn't exactly Protein.

I'm only saying this because I care and I would hate to see you in a month or so frustrated with not having the kind of weight loss you are looking for. The honeymoon phase of weightloss fades quicker than you know.

I'm glad you are feeling better though!

i thought i was supposed to start solids at 4weeks but found out that its more 5-6weeks. oooops? but it sits well in my sleeve. the nachos pratically melted in my mouth & was mush before swallowing.

today i thought i was cool... i ate mozerella cheese & took some sips of Water right after. it didnt bother until i started taking gulps and more gulps until i was almost guzzling. BAD MOVE!!!! it was stuck. took about 3mins to finally go down.

i agree the nachos fall under sliders but def not the mozzerellasticks. i actually had them 2x (went to a restaurant) & the second time, i peeled off the breading. the cheese has Protein. unfortunately, i cant eat solids yet & my sleeve is very picky. if i eat something i dont like, i will throw it up within seconds. shakes are out of the question for me. i only had the nachos because i was at the movies and had not eaten in hrs & had a lot of gas. they dont have food there. i wont be eating nachosfor a very long time!!!

Just a word of caution. Things like mozzarella sticks, nachos sort of fall into the "slider foods" category. What that means is that it will not fill you up- it will "slide" through your sleeve pretty quickly. I don't know what your NUT or surgeon recommended for you, but my suggestion for you is to really try to focus on your Proteins as MUCH as possible. This is what is going to fill you up QUICKLY and you will stay full for a long time. I know you said you could only eat 1 1/2 mozzarella stick, but it isn't exactly Protein.< /p>

I'm only saying this because I care and I would hate to see you in a month or so frustrated with not having the kind of weight loss you are looking for. The honeymoon phase of weightloss fades quicker than you know.

I'm glad you are feeling better though!

I'm glad to hear you are taking off the breaking from the mozzerella sticks, I don't recall seeing that in your post.

Just suggesting that Protein first will help you in the long run. Your sleeve (mine was too) very sensitive for the first few months. In fact, about month 3 or 4, I realized I became lactose intolerant. I suspect it will be temporary because I can handle very small amounts of food that has milk product, but I tend to stay away all together because when my stomach doesn't like it, I am in the bathroom within 10 minutes. So, I understand when you say your sleeve isn't sensitive.

i agree the nachos fall under sliders but def not the mozzerellasticks. i actually had them 2x (went to a restaurant) & the second time, i peeled off the breading. the cheese has Protein. unfortunately, i cant eat solids yet & my sleeve is very picky. if i eat something i dont like, i will throw it up within seconds. shakes are out of the question for me. i only had the nachos because i was at the movies and had not eaten in hrs & had a lot of gas. they dont have food there. i wont be eating nachosfor a very long time!!!

hmm i been pottying a lot today & yesterday. i wonder if im becoming lactose intolerant

I'm glad to hear you are taking off the breaking from the mozzerella sticks, I don't recall seeing that in your post.

Just suggesting that Protein first will help you in the long run. Your sleeve (mine was too) very sensitive for the first few months. In fact, about month 3 or 4, I realized I became lactose intolerant. I suspect it will be temporary because I can handle very small amounts of food that has milk product, but I tend to stay away all together because when my stomach doesn't like it, I am in the bathroom within 10 minutes. So, I understand when you say your sleeve isn't sensitive.

You will know really quickly if you are lactose intolerant. If you are going to the bathroom #1, that is not a sign of being lactose intolerant. Now, if it's diarrhea, different story. Basically, if you eat something with milk in it and your stomach starts to cramp up within 5 to 10 minutes (at the most 20 or 30 minutes), and then you find yourself with diarrhea right afterwards- that is your body expelling that out of your body ASAP. I hope that helps.

If you want to test it, try drinking a little milk- you will know pretty quick.

hmm i been pottying a lot today & yesterday. i wonder if im becoming lactose intolerant

I tried to edit my earlier post. I mispelled breading- typing too fast and I meant to say when So, I understand when you say your sleeve IS sensitive. Gosh darn it, hate it that this site won't let us edit our original posts.... anymore.

I was really fatigued in the beginning. I literally had to start going to bed an hour earlier than before and I still do. I come home from work, make dinner, eat, and I'm done for the day...so tired. I'm feeling better as the weight comes off. So hang in there and see your doc and nutritionist.

And heed what everyone is saying about dehydration. It's a very real problem!

i had mine at lawrence in bronxville. they have a great team there.

Lawrence is a wonderful hospital. I actually went to an info session there several years ago when I had a lot less to lose and was seriously considering the band. I'm glad I didn't get the band though.

I too have felt regret at getting this surgery and sometimes even now. I am 5 1/2 weeks out and i did not have any issues like you i am just frustrated with stalling, and all of the pills that i am now taking. I still have pain in my left shoulder, they say its just acid reflux. I have felt some time of happiness like dropping a pant size. You sound like you are doing great though now. Bravo. Keep up the good work!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I was just thinking this morning that there are definitly days when I have "buyer's remorse"!

I don't usually do Fast Foods any more, but this morning I was starved cause I didn't get a lunch break at work last night. (worked 12 1/2 hours with NO break at all) I have almost a two hour commute to and from work, and thought I CAN'T wait two more hours to eat, so went through the drive up at Mickey Ds. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their Bacon Egg and cheese Biscuits!!! In my former life (before VSG) I would eat two of them on my way home from work every morning.

Well, I can only eat 5-7 bites of one now (about 1/2 to 2/3 of the biscuit), so I got one. It was fresh out of the oven, or whatever. The biscuit was tender and fluffy, not hard and dry. The bacon was crisp, and very flavorful, just the way I love it. The cheese was melting and gooey. The egg so fluffy and tender. In other words, a PERFECT Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit!

After my sixth bite, I knew I was full and couldn't eat another bite or I would be very uncomfortable (read that to mean IN PAIN!). And I was SO SAD. I mean I REALLY WANTED THE REST OF THAT BACON EGG AND CHEESE BISCUIT in the WORST way!!!

And then at Noon, my hubbie and I went out for brunch with another couple. Our son is a chef and his restaurant serves a Breakfast buffet on Sundays and we went to try it out. I SO wanted to eat more than I did. They had so many yummy foods on the buffet, and I wanted to try them ALL!

But tonight, I am happy that I only ate 6 bites of the biscuit. And even happier that I didn't overeat at the buffet. I came home and still weigh what I weighed yesterday. I wasn't uncomfortable and didn't have to feel guilty all the way home thinking that I had AGAIN eaten WAY to much! Buyer's Remorse ? Yep, for sure! Change and go back to having my whole stomach and weighing 260 pounds again? NO WAY! I will live with my occasional buyer's remorse as I put my size 8 jeans on, and as I save all kinds of $$$$ since I was able to come off 5 or 6 different medications that I no longer need since I have lost 98 pounds!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I was just thinking this morning that there are definitly days when I have "buyer's remorse"!

I don't usually do Fast Foods any more, but this morning I was starved cause I didn't get a lunch break at work last night. (worked 12 1/2 hours with NO break at all) I have almost a two hour commute to and from work, and thought I CAN'T wait two more hours to eat, so went through the drive up at Mickey Ds. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their Bacon Egg and cheese Biscuits!!! In my former life (before VSG) I would eat two of them on my way home from work every morning.

Well, I can only eat 5-7 bites of one now (about 1/2 to 2/3 of the biscuit), so I got one. It was fresh out of the oven, or whatever. The biscuit was tender and fluffy, not hard and dry. The bacon was crisp, and very flavorful, just the way I love it. The cheese was melting and gooey. The egg so fluffy and tender. In other words, a PERFECT Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit!

After my sixth bite, I knew I was full and couldn't eat another bite or I would be very uncomfortable (read that to mean IN PAIN!). And I was SO SAD. I mean I REALLY WANTED THE REST OF THAT BACON EGG AND CHEESE BISCUIT in the WORST way!!!

And then at Noon, my hubbie and I went out for brunch with another couple. Our son is a chef and his restaurant serves a Breakfast buffet on Sundays and we went to try it out. I SO wanted to eat more than I did. They had so many yummy foods on the buffet, and I wanted to try them ALL!

But tonight, I am happy that I only ate 6 bites of the biscuit. And even happier that I didn't overeat at the buffet. I came home and still weigh what I weighed yesterday. I wasn't uncomfortable and didn't have to feel guilty all the way home thinking that I had AGAIN eaten WAY to much! Buyer's Remorse ? Yep, for sure! Change and go back to having my whole stomach and weighing 260 pounds again? NO WAY! I will live with my occasional buyer's remorse as I put my size 8 jeans on, and as I save all kinds of $$$$ since I was able to come off 5 or 6 different medications that I no longer need since I have lost 98 pounds!

thats a great story! i always want to over eat & i have by a bite & it really is uncomfortable. i still need to learn and ACCEPT some of the early signs!

Thank you for posting this. My surgery is tomorrow, and this is my biggest fear. Getting depressed that I can't eat as much as I want to. But I know EXACTLY that feeling.. a few hours after I've ate a large pizza and family sized bread sticks, I think... god that wasn't worth it, not I feel like crap and I'm getting fatter.

I'm glad to hear that the process seems to be reversed with VSG... sad in the moment, but then happy and proud later. :)

i remember being able to eat 5-6 regular slices of pizza with 2 glasses of pepsi. thats crazyyy! i knew i needed this surgery for that reason. i have an appetite like a pig! now, yes i miss big portions of food but 5-6 slices is excessive!

Thank you for posting this. My surgery is tomorrow, and this is my biggest fear. Getting depressed that I can't eat as much as I want to. But I know EXACTLY that feeling.. a few hours after I've ate a large pizza and family sized bread sticks, I think... god that wasn't worth it, not I feel like crap and I'm getting fatter.

I'm glad to hear that the process seems to be reversed with VSG... sad in the moment, but then happy and proud later. :)