Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Definitely Regret Surgery.... So Far!

I am truly sorry that you are not feeling well and experiencing a bit of buyer's remorse at the moment. I completely understand that you are probably sick of hearing it will get better and you will learn to love your sleeve. You will feel better, you just have to pace yourself to get past this hurdle. You will need to experiment with Protein Water, shakes, etc. to find something that is tolerable. For instance, Isopure is so gross to me, but if I mix it with zero calorie, sugar free gatorade or crystal light, I can drink it. I admit it still does have a bit of "that" taste, but it is tolerable. Hot peppermint tea, Gas-X and walking greatly helped with the gas pain.

Best of luck to you in getting over this hurdle ~ just remember, it will pass.

i tried mixing it & it made me throw up everything i had in me & more. :( yuck! but im feeling so much better now since i upped my food intake.

I am truly sorry that you are not feeling well and experiencing a bit of buyer's remorse at the moment. I completely understand that you are probably sick of hearing it will get better and you will learn to love your sleeve. You will feel better, you just have to pace yourself to get past this hurdle. You will need to experiment with Protein Water, shakes, etc. to find something that is tolerable. For instance, Isopure is so gross to me, but if I mix it with zero calorie, sugar free gatorade or crystal light, I can drink it. I admit it still does have a bit of "that" taste, but it is tolerable. Hot peppermint tea, Gas-X and walking greatly helped with the gas pain.

Best of luck to you in getting over this hurdle ~ just remember, it will pass.

i went out to a restaurant today for the first time & i was so scared!

my incisions have been hurting for the past few days & i think its because the drop in the weather. today was the first day that i actually went out and i wear tight jeans so it kinda hurt to put on tight jeans and have it pressed against my stomach (but not incisions). im glad to be home & have them off. lol.

i wasnt sure what to get. EVERYTHING was fried!!!! i was scared to do fried chicken thinking it would be too heavy on my little sensitive sleeve so i had mozzerella sticks & just chewed it up very well. it came with 6 & i was able to eat 1.5 of them. it sat well :D i did get a little gas but nothing my gas x chewables couldnt handle.

overall, i was happy it sat well. i was looking around and felt so out of place as i watched others eat & drink & scarf food down. i felt kind of jealous but there was no point in crying over spilled milk so i sucked it up & tried to enjoy myself!

OH, I can't wait to pick at my food and daintily announce how FULL I am!!! LOL It puts me to mind of Hattie in Gone With The Wind talking to Scarlett at the beginning of the movie, after trying to stuff Scarlett with some real food:

"You can always tell a lady by the way she eats like a bird. I ain't aimin' for you to go over to Mr. Wilkes's and eat like a field hand and gobble like a hog!"

Hahahahaha!! I love that. It's hilarious. It'll make me laugh when I get to the "eating like a bird" stage. Can't wait. ;)

lol i thought thesamething preop but now that im post op, im a little jealous! it was asports restaurant (buffalo wild wings) & everyone was downing beers (UFC FIGHT NIGHT) and were screaming & eating wings! i was sitting there looking over everything on the menu! i even got jealous cuz i couldnt drink soda! i was sipping on my Water but very little because i knew i was about to eat. i truly miss eating & drinking. some ppl can do it (i think u have to keep doing it and just get used to it) & i think its a habit that i may want to participate in. lol. one day i will gain the balls to try & eat & drink at thesametime. i know unlike others, i can drink and then eat right after. a lot of ppl experience pain if they do so. i can also drink within 10mins of finishing eating when others have to wait a hr or they experience pain. i can also finish my food within 10mins where others have to eat slower or they experience pain. i think my sleeve is weird! lol. i wanted my sleeve so i could cut my portions. i ate like a man before! i had no problem downing 5 REGULAR slices (not tiny ones like dominos) with 2 tall glasses of pepsi. i probably wouldnt be able to finish a dominos slice if i wanted to right now. i havent tried bread or anything yet. although im dying to, im going to wait awhile.

OH, I can't wait to pick at my food and daintily announce how FULL I am!!! LOL It puts me to mind of Hattie in Gone With The Wind talking to Scarlett at the beginning of the movie, after trying to stuff Scarlett with some real food:

"You can always tell a lady by the way she eats like a bird. I ain't aimin' for you to go over to Mr. Wilkes's and eat like a field hand and gobble like a hog!"

Hahahahaha!! I love that. It's hilarious. It'll make me laugh when I get to the "eating like a bird" stage. Can't wait. ;)

Glad you are feeling better. I am scheduled for the 30th of this month. I was pushed back a couple more days. But I like reading things from the people who actually had the surgery done. Although I know everyone recovers differently.

keep us posted

Jasleeve,

So glad you are feeling better. I was really worried about you! I truly appreciate that you have been honest and so open. I pray that the worst has passed for you~xoxo

i really wanted to make this thread because a lot of people talk about how much they love their sleeve and how great it is & etc. not everyone truly feels that way, atleast not right away. i had hope that i would feel better which is why my thread says "so far".

im glad that im feeling better. i have more energy but still not 100%. i am still very gassy but im coping!! i do feel normal. i dont weigh myself because at this point, im worried about being 100% or as close to it as possible.. im not worried about how the scale is moving. yes i am losing weight & i see it in my appearance & clothes. once i get all my energy back, i will start hitting the gym & checking my weight to see where i stand.

good luck to you guys who are about to get sleeved.

today i went to the movies & i had nachos. i saw that i never gained that full feeling and i ate more than 1/2. after like 30-40mins, i got nauseous though. i think it was waaaay too much salt. i tried drinking Water & took a gas x chewable (i was sitting in the movies & it was all i had on me) hoping to feel better. the feeling passed after about 20mins. thank god i didnt try the butter popcorn. :/ lol

Try Pedialyte! Way better than Gatorade and instantly cured my dehydration! Hope you get to feeling better!

im not dehydrated but ill keep that in mind for future references

Try Pedialyte! Way better than Gatorade and instantly cured my dehydration! Hope you get to feeling better!

Holy crap- you ate nachos at 4 weeks out??? My surgeon still has me on mushies when I'm 4 weeks out :( :(

Edited by Bedhead

Aw, jas!! So sorry you are/were struggling! Things for me haven't been the easiest- I feel like a mix between Scrooge and an "urban hermit". I just don't feel like getting out and doing anything. All I want to do is stay at home in my bed or my comfy chair and read a book or sleep. A lot of times I feel really weak, too. Mostly I just feel tired all the time. And it's definitely not dehydration, tho I could stand to drink a little more than I've been doing. I think for me it's just a lack of calories and nutrition. If I eat more than 1/4 cup of anything I feel like I am about to die- really bad chest and stomach pain. It goes away after ten-twenty minutes though. But the punishment definitely quells the desire to eat things in the future...

I'm sorry to hear, but I'm so grateful for your honesty. I know that the times that I have been dehydrated...I felt like I was going to faint and welcomed the event. It is amazing how awful it felt to me. I have been given intravenous fluids to quickly remedy dehydration. I felt back to normal in 15 min. I hope that you will get into see your Dr. ASAP. Once you aren't dehydrated I'd love to hear from you. Please stay in touch. Many thanks. Take care.

i thought i was supposed to start solids at 4weeks but found out that its more 5-6weeks. oooops? but it sits well in my sleeve. the nachos pratically melted in my mouth & was mush before swallowing.

today i thought i was cool... i ate mozerella cheese & took some sips of Water right after. it didnt bother until i started taking gulps and more gulps until i was almost guzzling. BAD MOVE!!!! it was stuck. took about 3mins to finally go down.

Holy crap- you ate nachos at 4 weeks out??? My surgeon still has me on mushies when I'm 4 weeks out :( :(