Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need "soft Food" Tuna Recipes!

I have a recipe, it was prior to my sleeve, but it does taste pretty good. Hopefully you like it. But based on the ingredients and the amoutn, you will probably have a bunch of leftovers.

1 can of albacore tuna

1 small onion

1 can of cream of mushroom Soup

1/2 Soup can of low-fat milk

Salt & Pepper

Olive oil

Butter season

1 small can of peas

toasted bread with healthy spread

dice up onion and brown in olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Add butter season if you like flavor.

drain peas, drain tuna.

add cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 can of milk to pan with onion

mix

add tuna, add peas

Heat until near boiling, stirring occasionally

When heated, put on top of toast. The toast soaks it up and gets really mushy, but this is very flavorful.

Save leftovers for later or feed rest to family/friends

drain can of

I made a quick meal tonight with tuna.

1 can tuna drained.

1 handful of uncooked noodles

1/2 can cream mushroom Soup

1/2 package of frozen peas/carrots

1/4 skim milk

Cook noodles until tender. Add tuna, soup, milk and veggies that I had thawed. Let simmer for about 15 minutes. I then put this in my small food chopper and made it a little smoother. Mades enough for several meals so I froze some.

Mmm, those sound good- i love a tuna casserole.

Right now I am in love With those tiny cans of tuna that are flavored. Thai peanut, lemon and dill, lemon pepper, sundried tomato... They are delicious and have 18 grams of Protein per can!

For an easy lunch, I like tuna mixed with cottage cheese. You could add some green onion, or celery bits for crunch.

I also loved a salad recipe I found on TheWorldAccordingToEggface.blogspot.com - it was chopped cucumber, chopped Tomato, baby mozzarella balls, the really good jarred tuna, fresh basil, and a splash of a fruity vinegar for dressing. SO good.

A meal I make for my family is tuna stuffed shells- but this wouldn't be great if you only have to cook for yourself unless you freeze them into single serve portions.

Tuna

Jumbo shells

Garlic salt

Cottage cheese

Lite Alfredo sauce

Preheat oven to 350

Mix together tuna, garlic, and cottage cheese.< /p>

Stuff tuna mixture into shells that have been cooked according to package directions.

Top with Alfredo sauce and any spices you may enjoy (I love basil and parsley)

Bake until bubbly.

I made a tuna melt with cheese. It turned out really good!

What did you put it on, bread? Are you in the pureed stage? Sounds great to me!

Mmm, those sound good- i love a tuna casserole.

Right now I am in love With those tiny cans of tuna that are flavored. Thai peanut, lemon and dill, lemon pepper, sundried tomato... They are delicious and have 18 grams of Protein per can!

I have never seen those. What brand and where from?

I am in Canada, and a brand called Cloverleaf makes them. Maybe its a Canadian thing? They are usually with all the other tuna cans at the grocery store! I hope you find them!

I actaully saw some today I think was Star Kist in a pouch that was lemon pepper! I got some of the sandwich ready Star Kist albacore in the pouch and is pretty mushy and the whole thing is only 3 1/2 oz. so very convenient to take with you since doesn't' have to be refrigerated til after it's open. tastes great too!

I've seen the seasoned tuna here in the US as well, with the rest of the tuna in the grocery store, but in little cans, not pouches. I love the lemon pepper too!

Flavored cans can be found at local grocery stores , Walmart and target. Also seen at CVS.

I mixed tuna with mustard when I was on softs, and I used a slice of american cheese and made a little tuna "taco".