Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Affordable Surgery In U.s.

I have looked into financing options but getting a loan is out the question because my credit is not up to par. I don't have medical insurance so that is not an option either so I will have to be a self-pay patient. My husband is against the idea of me going to Mexico because he think that I will get sick and just thought that it was a crazy idea. There is no convincing him. My question is..How much is gastric sleeve in the U.S. Where can I find an affordable surgeon in the U.S.??

Find a doctor that is BLIS certified. BLIS does financing for sleeve surgeries and warranties for surgeons with the best records. Google it and and you'll find their contact information. I'm a self pay sleever, having it done this Thursday. Out of pocket it cost me right at $17k

I'm in Houston and the price I was quoted was $17500 but I'm having revision surgery....and the price includes insurance against any complications that may occur

That's not a bad price for surgery here in the US.....but I still could not have afforded $17000. I could however afford the $5-6,000 that it cost me in Mexico and I feel that the surgery I received there was just as good. Guess it is a personal choice but I would have never been able to afford surgery here in the US.

I paid just over $10K with Medical Tourism and Dr. Thomas Umbach in Las Vegas. Of course, that was 2 years ago, but it's worth a look.

I also went to Umbach in July and it was $10,400. I would definately recommend him. His current rate is $10,900, as was told to me by someone having surgery on the 21st of Jan.

and it's in Vegas (Baby!)

This is still about twice what you can have it done for in Mexico. I have no problem with having it in the US but I still could not have afforded $10,000....I think there are many of us that are in the same boat as far as the cost of the surgery.

The original poster's husband has reservations about having surgery in Mexico, as did I. I have traveled through Northern Mexico extensively over the years and just was not comfortable with that decision for me. I felt more comfortable paying the extra 5K and doing it in America. I had to take a loan for it and will be paying it off for awhile, but for me, it is worth it.

It's a long discussion. I lived in Tecate for a month a few years back and was really uncomfortable with a lot of things I saw there and the surrounding areas. I know Mexicali is a bigger town and a little bit better, but Tijuana? Forget about it.

I do not understand why everyone fears Tijuana. It is not like you are slumming in the backwoods. I was picked up at the airport and taken to the hotel. From the hotel I was taken to the Hospital. From the hospital I was taken back to the hotel. From the hotel I was taken back to the airport. It was not like I was there to sightsee or walk the backstreets. I was there to have surgery and get healthy. What is so dangerous about that.

I am not afraid of going to Mexico, its just the fact that my husband won't support my decision if I go to Mexico. He wants me to do it in the USA. But still at that point I will be paying for myself so my question is, Who is the cheapest in the USA?? Like under 8k..

Check out Texas, when I was researching several of the Drs around the area said they had to compete with Mx prices so theirs were lower. If I were you i'd spend my efforts on getting hubby behind you going to Dr Aceves. Best bang for your buck.

I am not afraid of going to Mexico, its just the fact that my husband won't support my decision if I go to Mexico. He wants me to do it in the USA. But still at that point I will be paying for myself so my question is, Who is the cheapest in the USA?? Like under 8k..

You aren't getting under 8k in the US