Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so pissed!!

I HATE it when people are condescending.

I HATE it when someone who has lost 24 flucking pounds, and becomes a guru on weight loss. And have the nerve to tell you that they are doing it the old fashioned way. And imply that your weight loss is somehow less valid because you have had wls.

I HATE that people think that they are somehow BETTER than you because of this!! :rofl:

I am so pissed off.

I agree wholeheartedly!!

The same person that judged me has been a member of just about every weight loss group and still cannot "keep" the weight off not to mention, they have used the "patch" to quit smoking. Oh, they still smoke to this day. Go figure. :rofl: Oh well, I love LBT!!!

I'm sure you are and the joke is on them, they'll gain it back you won't...

Some people can be so inconsiderate.

Your doing great!

I'm sorry. But anyone who says WLS is the "easy way out" is an uneducated fool. I have said this before. I have not had WLS yet. (my surgery is on Tuesday) But I do know what I have had to do leading up to the surgery and that alone is worth 100 pound weight loss AT LEAST. I have had to deal with a few people who are the same way. Amazingly enough most of them are fat too. You think they of all people would understand our struggle. Jealousy is the only word I can think of.

Argh - well I gave certain people the very same impression a few days back in a thread about the bypass vs the lapband, but meant nothing of the kind, sometimes things come across as condescending or judgemental when they're not meant to..

But sometimes they are meant to and then that's their problem, not yours. Let them think they're the best or that they know best, you're smarter. You picked a course that will made you successful and will keep you successful long term. And of course you're a bigger person than to have a quiet snicker when they regain the 24lb and THEN some.

Nobody can truly denigrate what you've achieved Sammee, and anyone with a lapband knows it doesnt come without YOUR hard work and YOUR commitment. Anyone who thinks any different is misinformed.

I am just so bloody sick of hearing the same old crap. It is getting really,really old.

On a thread about WLS, is saying to someone "I am doing it the old fashioned way" not a little bit shitty? This chick went on to tell me when I replied that she was not trying to be nasty, but I have little respect for the old fashioned way"

I feel like throwing the computer out the bloody window.

Now I kow this is only getting to me bacause I have just over two weeks to go till my Tummy Tuck, and I am starting to get antsy and nervous. But hell. I am pissed.

You are going to zoom past them and maintain your weight.. Just grit your teeth and smile....

My cousin who is about 300lbs over weight snubed her nose at me when I mentioned the band. She said she knew she could do it on her own.. what??? why haven't you. I just smile and said "well I have been 100 lbs over weight for years and I need help so this is whats right for me" I can't wait for our family reunion in july next year. I am not trying to be mean but it was like a slap in the face to me, like saying I was to weak to do it the right way. So I hope when I walk in there next year like "Bwaammm" here I am and she is still stuggeling I am going to ask her how that diets going...

sweet revenge!!!!

This is happening on a message board I post on.

This is my reply to her saying she has'nt had a "cake walk"

Sorry, but you did imply that because you were doing it the old fashioned way, your loss is somehow more valid.

I have all the respect in the world for people who can lose without surgery. I know it is hard enough to lose with surgery! I had the band (see sig) and it only restricts the amount you can eat. So without proper diet, and exercise, a banded person can not only not lose weight, but gain.

Eating lees, and moving more is the way most people define the "old fashioned way" correct?

Well. With the band, you do eat less and move more. With RNY you eat less, move more. With the VGB, you eat less, move more. With the DS, you eat less, move more. With diet pills, you eat less, move more. With jenny craig, weight watchers, you eat less, move more. With a diet you come up with yourself, you eat less, move more.

No matter what a person does to lose weight it is HARD work. It takes dedication. It takes strength. It takes asking for help. Just because I , and the other ladies looked for help somewhere you elected not to, does not mean that we have not worked just as hard as you have. I am sorry that you have had to battle obesity. Don't think that I don't remember what life was like at almost 300lbs. I do. All too well.

I am trying to be nice here. But all I want to say, starts with an F, ends in a U.

The tone of the whole thing is that I have lost weight the easy way, and I dont know what it's like to be fat, or to lose wight.

I feel like crying.

Argh - well I gave certain people the very same impression a few days back in a thread about the bypass vs the lapband, but meant nothing of the kind, sometimes things come across as condescending or judgemental when they're not meant to..

But sometimes they are meant to and then that's their problem, not yours. Let them think they're the best or that they know best, you're smarter. You picked a course that will made you successful and will keep you successful long term. And of course you're a bigger person than to have a quiet snicker when they regain the 24lb and THEN some.

Nobody can truly denigrate what you've achieved Sammee, and anyone with a lapband knows it doesnt come without YOUR hard work and YOUR commitment. Anyone who thinks any different is misinformed.

It was nothing like your post Jaqui. Trust me... You were far from condescending.

This chick spouted "facts" about all weight loss surgeries. Just lumped them all in together, telling us all that our pouches would strech, we will regain, and that we will be unhealthy.

She then went on to tell us how she was losing all this weight the old fashioned way, unlike us.

Like I said, I am probably just a wee bit sensitive because I am about to go under the knife again. I will get over her, and her ignorance. But for the very second, I am outraged, and just wanna find a hard surface to bash my head up against.

This is happening on a message board I post on.

This is my reply to her saying she has'nt had a "cake walk"

I am trying to be nice here. But all I want to say, starts with an F, ends in a U.

The tone of the whole thing is that I have lost weight the easy way, and I dont know what it's like to be fat, or to lose wight.

I feel like crying.

You are doing what's right for you and yours and that is all that matters. Good job Aussie Chick. It think the only tears you should be shedding are those of happiness to how healthy you are becoming. Hang in there and keep your head up. I know it is sometimes hard to brush things off but you just gotta.

I am just so bloody sick of hearing the same old crap. It is getting really,really old.

On a thread about WLS, is saying to someone "I am doing it the old fashioned way" not a little bit shitty? This chick went on to tell me when I replied that she was not trying to be nasty, but I have little respect for the old fashioned way"

I feel like throwing the computer out the bloody window.

Now I kow this is only getting to me bacause I have just over two weeks to go till my Tummy Tuck, and I am starting to get antsy and nervous. But hell. I am pissed.

Sammee,

24 lbs is great, don't let anyone tell you otherwise! I wish I could lose 24 lbs! (not yet banded)..lol. Whoever said that to you clearly missed the concept that this is LAPBANDtalk.com. And not, "I did it the natural way.com". Besides, omg on the news they gave the stats on how many lap bandings were done last year it was 170,000 people...so who is to say that this isn't the "new" natural way!!! (can you tell I have no tolerance for ignorance)

p.s. be nice to your computer....no window flying...its the nasties who need to take a flying leap.

Sammee,

24 lbs is great, don't let anyone tell you otherwise! I wish I could lose 24 lbs! (not yet banded)..lol. Whoever said that to you clearly missed the concept that this is LAPBANDtalk.com. And not, "I did it the natural way.com". Besides, omg on the news they gave the stats on how many lap bandings were done last year it was 170,000 people...so who is to say that this isn't the "new" natural way!!! (can you tell I have no tolerance for ignorance)

p.s. be nice to your computer....no window flying...its the nasties who need to take a flying leap.

Thanks Bettina. I will be nice to the laptop :heh:

Oh, and I have actually lost 157lbs, she had lost 24. And I did congratulate her on it. And I meant it. It really is something to lose weight. Banded or not. I guess I am just sick to death ofthe perception that weight loss is easy with WLS. It is a hard job no matter how weight is lost.

Sammee, as hard it may be, the best thing to do is ignore what these ignorant people are saying/posting and hold your head up high with the knowledge that you know the truth. I know that it's frustrating and your first instinct is to set them straight, but responding to their posts will only fuel the fire. Are you familiar with the saying "You can lead a horse to Water but you cannot make him drink?" The same applies to these people. You'll talk until you're blue in the face before you'll convince them of the truth.

Hugs :hug:

OMG that is awesome!!!!!!! 157 !!! I see now, you are under goal......you must feel really really good!!!!

I should hear next week about my date for banding....I know it will be work. You are an inspiration!!! I have been thin before (very thin) and I remember that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.......so psyched!!