Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeking Buddies 5'2" & Under

Hi, I'm pre-op and hoping to know my surgery date early next week. I've fulfilled all of my insurance company's requirements so we're just waiting on approval. I'm choosing to be optimistic that they will approve me with no further hoops to jump through. I'm currently observing a 1,200 calorie, low-carb diet. I'm 5'2" and 269 lbs, BMI 49.2. My goal weight range is 137-150. ????

Can ya'll give me some ideas of meals you are eating.

I need help with that too!! I pretty much snack all the time instead if eating a meal..by the time I eat a little Protein I'm too full for anything else

Hmmm Id like some ideas too lately I've been having Soup with poached egg, tuna ( those bumblee bee sensations)

Congratulations too all of you!! I am 5'1" and barely starting my pre-op today. I am soo excited to start a new journey. I may possibly have surgery on the 21st of September. ????

Congratulations too all of you!! I am 5'1" and barely starting my pre-op today. I am soo excited to start a new journey. I may possibly have surgery on the 21st of September. ????

Good luck!!! It's a journey but a great one

@wagu, I like your suggestions! I've been struggling to get in enough Protein, and I know my calorie intake is low. Worried about my metabolism. I'm losing an avg 2 lbs a week and though I'm 12 weeks out in struggling to get off softs. Any tips? Exercise ideas?

@wagu, I like your suggestions! I've been struggling to get in enough Protein, and I know my calorie intake is low. Worried about my metabolism. I'm losing an avg 2 lbs a week and though I'm 12 weeks out in struggling to get off softs. Any tips? Exercise ideas?

What are you eating now? Also I'm 4 weeks out and on softs and mush and I am struggling to get Protein in. Such a struggle. I can't drink Protein shakes it makes me vomit. And u forget my unflavored protein which becomes suddenly flavored in food!

My metabolism is probably haywire by now. I'm waiting for the doctor to say it's ok to exercise cause I'm going to exercise , some days I eat more than 800 cals and those days I really want to work out. Steady so far but ya know we are over achievers haha

I'm dawn I,m 5 "2" 220. Pounds surgery scheduled 10-13

@wagu, I'm still basically on mushies, Protein Drinks used to be hard on me too, I'm using Premier Protein 30gms of Protein in one bottle. Sometimes it takes me all day to finish it (for Breakfast and between meals) I use non-drowsy Dramamine and Zofran to combat the nausea. So sorry it's making you puke, just go to a different one or eat cottage cheese and other protein foods instead!

@wagu, I'm still basically on mushies, Protein drinks used to be hard on me too, I'm using Premier Protein 30gms of protein in one bottle. Sometimes it takes me all day to finish it (for breakfast and between meals) I use non-drowsy Dramamine and Zofran to combat the nausea. So sorry it's making you puke, just go to a different one or eat cottage cheese and other protein foods instead!

I've been eating s lot of eggs yum mm!!! And I can eat meatballs and stuff but they have to be extremely soft. I've also been eating guacamole! Delicious. The premier protein I used to love now it just tastes awful to me. I don't know what to do. I need to find. Protein supplement

I'm dawn I,m 5 "2" 220. Pounds surgery scheduled 10-13

That's soon! Let us know how it gors

In the beginning I felt the same way. Just turned on Protein drinks the thought made me nausea. That is until discovered Syntrax Nectar. They come in different flavors. caribbean cooler is delish mix with coconut Water and Cookies and cream mixed with almond milk taste just like an oreo

If u are on solids Quest bars are delish

See I got the cookies and cream nectar and it tasted awfully sweet to me so I couldn't stomach it. Maybe I should mix it with almond milk and add how that goes.

Count me in too!! Im 4'9'' I have lost 24 lbs since my surgery on Aug 10th (my birthday!!) I lost 20 lbs pre surgery im new to this site and hoping to meet some new friends!