Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Continuing "success" - How Do You Do It?

Greetings Sleevers!!

I just wanted to do a quick base-touch. I made it through the holidays unscathed...but I still have some issues reconciling my drastic loss with what I "see" in the mirror. Most often, I can CLEARLY see progress in others...but not in myself - unless a photo is involved. So, to start 2012 off in the right mind-set, I wanted to force myself to see my progress and be as proud of myself that as so many others seem to be of me.

I'm kinda nervous about the rest of this journey...knowing I still have a way to go. I thought I'd be to goal by now - but for 15 months out, I think I've done pretty well (especially given the stress-filled year I had in 2011 - Unemployment, Financial distress, loss of a loved one - back to back to back to back.... *sigh*)

The biggest thing I gathered from looking at some of the older pics is how UNCOMFORTABLE I looked...on top of how far in denial about how big I had gotten over the years. Truly an eye-opener. I have NO desire to go back there - but am still working on the exhuberance and confidence that I had BEFORE I lost the weight. Life is kinda funny like that... *sigh* But I digress...

In any event -- I give you: The Vanishing Vixen Weightloss Transformation Slideshow: http://www.picnik.co...s/t/picnik-show

I'd love to see other pics of you Sleevers here. I know there is SO MUCH success in the ranks!

Give a yell here - or email me at: geenahb2@yahoo.com - OR hit up my blog: vanishingvixen.wordpress.com

Blessings to ALL!!

You look SO good! I really can't even believe the transformation! That is INSANE! Go girl, you can make it to your goal! I mean only 43 lbs to go? You can do it! I'm only 10 weeks out and down 38 lbs and I know I have changed but it's the same for me as you it's hard to see everyday unless you look at pictures, and your pictures are amazing! Here's to an AWESOME 2012!!!

I am new sleever, Believe me when I say this, you have done a spectacular job! You look fantastic and are a beautiful woman. You carry a certain sex appeal about you and an attitude that exudes confidence when you were larger and now. Keep up the Great work!! Sometimes pictures is the only reality we can see. I have a photo that my sister loved so much she had it made up special for me. I burst in to tears when she gave it to me, she thinking it was tears of joy, my tears were of sadness, because I had no idea that I had gotten that big. Yes, it was a beautiful photo of my husband and I, but the reality of what I had become was staring me in the face. Let your new photos show you just how much you have accomplished. Wear yourself proud.

Thanks ladies. This journey has been a TRUE roller coaster ride of emotions. Sometimes I actually MISS the weight, just because I had grown to be so comfortable in my skin...Other times, I just look at my old self in disgust. I'm sooooo out of sorts with it. I had come to own my bigger self, and was extremely confident back then - now I just feel like I'm occupying someone ELSES body. I thought that after a year, I would be ok with it, but it's a daily challenge for me to accept the changes...and know that this is ALL GOOD!

Thanks for sharing your response... I'll definately be posting more often. The dialog with others helps ALOT!!

xoxo

That is so awesome! I can't wait to get there myself. You look really good.

You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Wow, you look amazing... I cant wait until I get sleeved and have pictures like these up to show everyone.. I'm getting excited.. thanks for sharing your journey with us and good luck on the rest of it.. keep up the great work... watch out sleeve, here I come..lol.. january 21st... YAY!!!!

You look fantastic! It does take a while to get used to your changed/changing body. Sometimes I still feel like they are going to find out I shouldn't be shopping in the "regular" clothes and are going to send me back to plus size. Keep up the good work!!!

You look amazing! What a great slide show you have put together. Can't wait to see the onderland pics!

Lynda

You look amazing, I just love the slide show!

I am thankful for the picture part of the journey because without it I might not "see" what others see. Because in my head, I always looked this good. But yeah, the pictures don't lie. Now that I'm closing in on -100lbs I am really noticing a huge physical difference.

I have photos on here and more on my blog if you want to check it out...my link is in my signature. I will def. check out your blog as well!

WOW..you look like your at goal!

Great slideshow, you look awesome and lucky girl, you kept your curves!! :)

OMG, you are one sexy, sassy momma! I love your attitude. You look so good and please, we can all see your amazing transformation. You look STUNNING!!!! You should 1000% proud of yourself for your courage and determination to lose your weight and looking so good.

I will be posting some before and after pics shortly.

Sheila

Wow!!! You look fantastic! Keep going... You are one beautiful lady!

Khy