Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will Slow Losers Get To Goal?

awwww congrats!!!! and thank you for your post. It nice to hear that a slow loser is successful!! thank you and congrats to you! you have done an amazing job!!

Yep... me too, slow loser! But that doesn't stop me!!! I will get to goal; at least my surgeon's goal and any more will be a bonus! And once I am there, I need to work on my confidence and self image... that is when the REAL GOAL kicks in... I really don't want to look at this as a time dominating thing because the sleeve, for me, is a life long commitment to a long, healthy and fitter life! So, with that said if it takes me another year, so be it!

Just as well I like the scenic route...lol

Good luck to all you on your journeys... =]

coops, the scenic route... I love that! I am pretty well taking the scenic route as well....

Hi Jnee, I think it's really really important for each of us to remember this is not a race, nor is it any type of competition where we should ever feel bad that we are not losing as fast as it may SEEM others have. Trust me, I said the word SEEM on purpose because in this case perception is NOT reality.

Those little tickers you see at the bottom are for the user only IMO. It's fun to see that XX poster has lost YY Lbs... but that is not an exact representation of the individual story. That person likely could be adding on weight lost PRE surgery. I did, and that's fine because those are all Lbs I worked hard to lose, but it may not be immediately evident to someone viewing it from another computer screen, know what I mean?

I'll use myself for example, I do try to explain in my signature that I was 272 Lbs on surgery day. I hit my first goal to be a size 8 about 6.5 months later. I was 203 lbs that day. So... it took me 6.5 months to lose 69 Lbs. That's just about 12 Lbs per month average. Is that super fast? I don't happen to think so, not really. Guess what though, you better believe I'm super happy about that and darned proud! It was so hard to do that, and every single day was a struggle for me. I'm not going to feel bad because someone else could've lost that 69 Lbs in 3 months. They aren't ME, and they're reason for losing so fast could be drastically different than mine.

Here's my opinion on why I think you have stalled for three months. Yes, this is a true stall, anything more than 3 weeks long is a real stall. I think your body has become way complacent with your routine. Our bodies will do this, they will only want to burn per day what you are giving it to sustain. It is something our bodies cleverly designed over all the years of starvation prevention. Not much we can do about this except trick it once in awhile. Any weight loss expert will tell you, you're going to have to bounce your calories around once in awhile. Not so much every day, but perhaps even on a weekly basis.

I've learned a lot over the last year and a half in regards to keeping our metabolisms running on full steam and now my body is a serious calorie burning machine. I don't even know if I'm sure I know how to turn it off!! Not really wanting to, I just go with it. LOL ;)

Also, our bodies do get used to the amount of exercise we do every day, and the intensity. You're going to have to bump this up every so often. Love it or hate it, this is what I've found worked miracles for me. It provides so many benefits, the best being getting fit and gaining good health. Believe me there are so many good reasons to enjoy a good workout and to keep pushing your body to do more.

I hope I have helped! I know we ALL can do this! Longer, harder, faster, stronger and a little shake up from time to time will get you to goal. No matter how long it takes.

ok.... im back. I think i started this either Monday or Tuesday...and i cheated the first day ( bad moment of weakness!!) But have stayed true and kept to Protein Protein, Water water...and i am down 3 lbs!!!! So i can staying with this until goal lol. its not that hard, as i love protein. Now that im finally over the carb monster, i think , i mean i know i can do this. I also found a 5 calorie iced tea mix that i LOVE LOVE LOVE. Even ordered 8 boxes online. Think that is helping lots too. So just wanted to check and say thank you to Irene!! Im motivated again and on fire. Hopefully this fire keeps burning and i keep losing! Thanks again Diva!!

Good luck to everyone!

Well, I think I am joining you guys on the scenic route. ;)

I feel like you and I are on the same wave length even though I am two months behind you. However, it seems like we are doing what we are supposed to, so we just have to stay positive and believe we will get to goal eventually. You and I can do this!!!

I know I am at the same state you are in. I had my surgery at the same time you did, mid-May. I am losing veeeerrrryyyy slowly. I look at it like this, I may be slow, but I don't have the excess skin and my doctor was happy with everything at the 6 month period. I hate that I am slow, but I have to keep reminding myself that any weight off is better than any on. I stall for a while, but the clothes fit better, to the point I can go "shopping" in my mom's closet. I am at her size. At the same time my hubby, who weighs a paltry 125 wet, put on a pair of pants and they were mine. They were slightly too big versus him being able to fit two of him in them.

I keep reminding myself slow is ok. It is better to do it in a healthy way versus doing a total dump of weight and then having health issues afterwards.

Thanks to those that gave suggestions, I needed those. :)

juzmejnee....

I am definitely not as far out as you, but I don't think you should be hard on yourself. 800 calories does not sound like alot. Have you contacted your NUT? Even diabetics get more calories than that. Could it be the quality of what you are eating and maybe the timing?

I am by no means any kind of expert, but I have started to learn to listen to my body. When I feel full I stop (I hope I can get to the point where I can stop prior to feeling full), but when I feel full I walk, walk, walk and walk some more. I try to help my digestion by walking and moving.

A bad habit I had prior to the sleeve was eating before bed. Terrible habit. I guess if I could give any kind of suggestion, it would be maybe to track the times you are eating and the quality of hte food and see over a few days how you are doing? Just some thoughts...I should write these down for myself when I stall.

Hang in there.

thank you everyone! LissynTx you are very right. I do have some excess skin already but im sure it could be a lot worse. When i graph my loss, it looks typical. Like stairs...but its so frustrating to not see the numbers go down faster. I was losing soooo good months back, and now im praying for 5 months in a month! Its hard trying to figure out my body. I don't have know my sleeve yet and its been 6 months. Some people have figured out how their weight loss goes. ( loss for a few weeks, stays the same the other 2 weeks etc) I still don't know my body. Ive upped my calories to about 1000 now. And ive been doing Diva's basic boot camp, so ive lost a few lbs. I eat primarily Protein ( good quality food 90% of the time) and green veggies. ive totally cut out rice etc...and still i haven't seen this HUGE weight loss yet. But i am thankful for the 3 ive lost since i started the basics boot camp. Im just so worried about not reaching goal before my one year. I only have 40 lbs to go. And that seems sooooooo far away right now. Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. I am doing things the right way, and i guess i was just hoping to see a bigger difference sooner.

thank you everyone! LissynTx you are very right. I do have some excess skin already but im sure it could be a lot worse. When i graph my loss, it looks typical. Like stairs...but its so frustrating to not see the numbers go down faster. I was losing soooo good months back, and now im praying for 5 months in a month! Its hard trying to figure out my body. I don't have know my sleeve yet and its been 6 months. Some people have figured out how their weight loss goes. ( loss for a few weeks, stays the same the other 2 weeks etc) I still don't know my body. Ive upped my calories to about 1000 now. And ive been doing Diva's basic boot camp, so ive lost a few lbs. I eat primarily Protein ( good quality food 90% of the time) and green veggies. ive totally cut out rice etc...and still i haven't seen this HUGE weight loss yet. But i am thankful for the 3 ive lost since i started the basics boot camp. Im just so worried about not reaching goal before my one year. I only have 40 lbs to go. And that seems sooooooo far away right now. Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. I am doing things the right way, and i guess i was just hoping to see a bigger difference sooner.

Youre back on the right track now, be proud hunny!!! Xoxo

Congrats to everyone! I had been in a stall since Xmas. today I went to buy some new slacks and I had to go down a size to 8! Yayyyyyy me. I have been losing inches. The one thing I notice is that I still have alot of fat on my thighs, stomach and arms. Time to get to toning my body now. CONGRATS to all of us. I will take what ever I can get.....LOL ;)