Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have started soft-solid foods for a week now, I usually can keep the food down, but sometimes if I'm having Pasta or anything that even has the slightest bit of oil or spicy paste I cannot keep it down and I have to vomit right after, I seriously don't know what to eat, I'm a university student so I really need to eat carbs and keep my energy up and my surgeon supported me on that, I dunno what to eat and I dunno if this vomiting is just normal or is it going to turn into bulimia, because I have met someone who had the sleeve and then it turned into serious bulimia, help!

I find if I eat too fast or if I eat too much I will throw up a bit. I believe it's called skimming. It's not really throwing up what I do. The food hasn't made it to my tiny tummy yet and up it comes. I have had to learn to eat VERY VERY slowly. It's hard to do that. Also I find that if I eat anything with oil or grease up it comes. It won't stay down at all. If I eat solids then drink right after that will bring it all back up too. I was worried I was going to be an forever vomitter but its less and less now. Just happens when I eat too fast now.

My husband had a difficult time when he began eating. He is 5 months out and is just now able to eat any type of ground meat. He has a tendency to eat a little quickly which does not help. However, he does not eat any Pasta, rice or anything high in carbs. He gets his energy from B12, Protein and his Vitamins. I think some people just have a more difficult time getting adjusted to food.

Good luck.

Pasta, rice, breads, Cereal all swell up inside your stomach overfilling it. You may have started out with only 1/4 cup, but it ends up a lot more than that once in your stomach a while.

I would suggest being sure you're eating smaller amounts, smaller bites chewed very thoroughly, and eating slower. Also, if you're not on an acid-reducer, try that--Prilosec worked wonders for me and stopped my having to throw up every time I ate.

And yeah, just one bite too many can trigger vomiting, so it's kind of a good idea to undereat your sleeve--don't try to eat until you're full; eat until you're not feeling hunger. It's different, and it makes a difference. Use your sleeve!

If you had the sleeve you should be concentrating on getting your Protein and not so much of the carbs. The protein helps you keep your energy and prevents you from losing muscle. You should be eating your protein first, then vegetables and fruits and carbs last. Also remember to take your calcuim, vit B12 and your Multivitamins. I am just approaching 4 weeks post op and I am taking it slow and still eating babyfood and not much meat and no spicy foods yet. Maybe you need to take a look at what you are eating. I have not vomited since my surgery.

I have the same problem and am convinced it stems from eating too fast. Started when I began chicken. Last nite I had turkey and then had some canned zucchini. Up it came...didn't really get a chance to go down. That makes two nites in a row that I've upchucked. I doubt its bulemia. But I have a tough time eating slowly and a tougher time underfilling the sleeve. I do fine in a.m. with a cheese omlet 2 eggs and a slice of vegetable pepperjack cheese (30 cal. 3/4 oz) and that goesdown well and stays. But then I skip lunch, usually, or I will make my main meal at noontime and after that I start burping all over. The vomiting helps me feel more comfortable but then I'm not getting all the Protein I need. Today marks my 4th week out from surgery. I'm 35 # down and on the 15th I start to ramp up my protein intake. I think I need to re calculate what I'm eating: instead of 2 oz turkey...just an ounce of that and an ounce of veggie. Maybe that will help. Also, I notice that even tho I'm not hungry, I have a habit of starting to eat in the car after shopping. So I started in on the turkey while I was driving home. It made me feel like "everything is back to normal" until I upchucked.

Canned zucchini would make me hurl, too. ack2.gif

Hey,don't knock it til uve tried it. Had it with my eggs this a.m. instead of salsa and it was scrumptious.

Sorry, rosey. "Scrumptious" and "zucchini" together is the ultimate oxymoron.

That's why we have horse races, Bionic. "This guy says the horse shows class." <grin>

I just finished the 1 and 3/4 oz of egg I left over this a.m. color me 'learning' the ropes.