Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Months Out Today! Oh My How Things Have Changed.

Today I'm 5 months out and I feel wonderful about my weight loss this far. I'm not too far from goal and I feel like i will be there in less than two months with the work outs I have planned. The work outs are on the back burner right now because I have a pulled muscle in my hip-upper leg area from playing laser tag with my teenagers.lol I guess if you gonna get a pulled butt muscle, get it having fun. happy.png

I have an upper respiratory infection right now so it's kinda hard to talk about all the wonderful thing's I have accomplished since being sleeved but I'm going to try.

I have the energy to keep up with my wonderful daughters. We can go shopping at the same stores now and they don't have to wait on me while I shop at Lane Bryant for something I could both afford and that looks good. I can actually fit in some of my oldest daughters really cute jeans (she's 17).

I have met the most awesome man in the world. He is truly a blessing to me. Never once has he made me feel less than perfect and I hope that feeling never ends. He is wonderful to my kids and has stepped up as a wonderful father figure they have never had.

So, some of the things I miss since I had surgery......

Well, this is harder than I thought..... Really the only thing is... to be perfectly honest.... I really would love to sit down and eat a whole steak or go to a nice restaurant and have a whole meal. I eat pretty much what I want but sometimes it just tastes soooo good I'd like to finish it while it's hot and not left over. But then, I say to myself....that's what got you a fat ass in the first place and that feeling disappears.LOL!

Some of the things I don't miss since I had surgery.....

Sore knees

Sore feet

Sore back

Snoring

Not being able to breath

High BP

Migraines from the High BP

Shopping at LB

Walking from our parking garage to my office and breaking into a gushing sweat. Heck... I barely sweat at all now.

The feeling that everyone is talking about how attractive I "use" to be.

Having the biggest jeans in the laundry.

Not being able to wear the stylish boots that come above my calves.

I could go on and on but really I just feel so much better. If I someone has any doubts about this surgery, I can honestly say I would do it again in a second.

Thank you everyone on this site for being here though my journey. I have no intention of leaving because you guys are the greatest! I'm sure this last 20 something pounds are going to be the hardest yet so I will need all the support I can get.

Thanks

Julie

That is awesome you are doing so good with the weight loss and all of the new exciting things in your life. I feel you on the not being able to eat a whole meal while it's hot, but I'm the same as you and then think how thankful I am that I can't eat the whole meal, but enjoy some of it and then again have some for later. Like you said that is what got us fat in the first place. Looks like my stats are just about the same as yours. I can't wait til I'm where you are. I know it will come soon enough! Keep up the good work and congrats on your success so far! Happy New Year!

Good job everybody. I love knowing that I'm loosing all this weight. I am looking at my fears that I will stop loosing. I'm just coming out of a stall and feeling leary. On the other hand, I love the way I look in my new cloths! My blouse is awesome. :0 I look forward to hearing about future weight loss. I'm 3 months post op. Yayyy for us! ;)

All of this is so exciting to read! I can't wait till it's me. I started pre op diet yesterday!

I have a 17 year old daughter also and I keep telling her we will be sharing jeans soon. I don't think she believes me. But we will.... SOON!

Thanks everyone! This has been such a blessing.

WOW you have DONE AN AMAZING JOB for only 5 months out! WOW! That's wonderful! Congrats!

Wonderful post! What a journey :)