Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merry Christmas (belatedly) And Happy New Year To All

1) I did a sleep study in early December. Because of the weight loss they started me without the CPAP machine. I had been on it for at least 15 years.

(I moved where I did because of the narcolepsy I was having. I was driving 67 miles one way to work and many times would fall asleep and wake up next to a semi.)

They did not have to put me on the machine all night and then when the report came back it said I do not need the CPAP at all and all I need to do is work on positional problems as I snore only when I lay flat on my back.

I was positive they would just lower the pressures, as at my starting weight I was on pretty high pressures. YEAH.....NO MORE CPAP machine!!!!!!!!!biggrin.png

2) Late on Christmas Day we took the train to Chicago to see my daughter. We spent the week there. We went on a really tight budget. I have been wearing all of my old dress shirts with the collars rather loose on me. We went to see the windows at Macy's and went inside (everyone should see the store at least once during Christmas). We went the dress shirt department and went to the clearance rack. I found a beautiful Kenneth Cole shirt for $11.99. The great thing is that it is a 16 1/2. I haven't worn a

16 1/2 since high school. I was wearing an 18.xena_banana.gif

We then went across the street to Old Navy, which was having a sale on Blue Jeans.I have bought all of my "new" pants at a resale shop in town, so these truly would be my first new pants. Well my daughter went to the fitting room area. I tried on 2-3 pair in the same size I had on (38/30) and she kept telling me they were too large. I then tried on 2 pair in the next lower size (36/30). The regular ones she felt were too baggy in some areas, so I tried on a slim pair and the fit much better.

I have never worn a "slim" anything in my life. I always wore husky or now as they call it relaxed fit or loose fit. My body type is still not slim, but I can wear slim blue jeans ( at least Old Navy ones). I had settled that 38/30 's would be my size from now on, so I am quite pleasantly surprised!!!!!!!!Banane55.gif

So my new years resolve is to keep on my program and eat healthy for 2012.

Don

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!