Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Vitamin Pills Do You Take Daily?

Somehow I think I have to take more than anyone else and I am having a hard time with it. Granted they are included in the surgeons fees (for the first 3 months), but I don't want to take so many if I don't have to.

These are Vitamins I have to take daily :

3 Multivitamins

1 Iron

2 anti-oxidant

6 Calcium (this and the multi drives me nuts)

Also daily :

potassium,

PPI,

prescription antacid

gas-x

my own 3 prescriptions (non related to VSG)

weekly B complex sublingual and Vitamin D

That is 18 a day plus the weekly liquid antacid, Vitamin D and B-12! I don't mind the cost as long as it good quality and less amount of pills, but if I have to put my big girl panties and take them all, I will do that too. How many do you take?

Hi! I take a ton too. It was hard at first but I worked out a system.

Breakfast

Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin

Ant-acid

2 unrelated medications

2 hours later - 2 chewable BA Calcium citrates

lunch

Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin

1000g of sublingual B-12 taken Monday - Friday only

Biotin

2 hours later: 2 Calcium citrates

dinner

Iron supplement

antacid

1 unrelated medication

2 hours later - 2 calcium citrate chews

I take two multi

two calicum cittrate petites (still huge)

2 d-3

B-12 sublingual

B-1

1-biotin

1-zinc

1 magnesium

I thought mine were excessive, but it seems you have more:

Up at 4am 1/2 Protein drink (costco premier brand)

take Biotin (5000 meg)

Next:

Mixed in my 1/4 c natural applesauce is

Omeprazole (PPI)

Potassium 10 MEQ, which is two pills mixed in

Bariatric Advantage B-50 complex (yuck)

I then chew:

Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate 500 mg

Bariatric Advantage complete multi-formula

Evening add to meal:

Potassium (2 more pills)

So all in right now I am taking 9 pills in some form a day.

It does seem like you have a lot extra, maybe after your next blood panel you can come off some? I did a workup last week for my check up this Friday.

Hopefully you are feeling better too :)

In the beginning i was good and took all the Vitamins the doctor wanted me too. . . now at 2 years out I take ZERO. . . don't feel any difference. . . good/bad, I don't know.

Somehow I think I have to take more than anyone else and I am having a hard time with it. Granted they are included in the surgeons fees (for the first 3 months), but I don't want to take so many if I don't have to. These are Vitamins I have to take daily : 3 Multivitamins 1 Iron 2 anti-oxidant 6 Calcium (this and the multi drives me nuts) Also daily : potassium, PPI, prescription antacid gas-x my own 3 prescriptions (non related to VSG) weekly B complex sublingual and Vitamin D That is 18 a day plus the weekly liquid antacid, Vitamin D and B-12! I don't mind the cost as long as it good quality and less amount of pills, but if I have to put my big girl panties and take them all, I will do that too. How many do you take?

I'm curious why you're on a PPI AND a RX antacid?? That seems excessive... I've been on those kinds of meds for about 25 years, and I've never needed both on my worst days. The PPI should be more than enough. If the acid pumps are shut down, it doesn't seem there'd be a need for the antacid. I may be wrong.....maybe this surgery changes things, I don't know..... Anyone?

I was sleeved 6 weeks ago. I was instructed to take:

(2) Multivitamins

(1) calcium citrate w/vitaminD (1000-1500mg per day)

(1) sublingual Vitamin B12 (500-1000mcg per day)

(1) VitaminD-2 (50,000 units weekly)

(1) Biotin

(1) Potassium (20mg)

(1) Magnesium (500mg)

Hopefully I will not need to take so many after I have my bloodwork done in 2 weeks.

I was wondering if everyone else was told to make sure they take the multivitamin and the Calcium at least 4 hours apart.

6 regular medications (some I have to take twice a day)

B12

d3

Calcium

Iron

vit c

Probiotics

Biotin

multi

b1

vit k

I'm just sick of them all.

I was sleeved on Dec 14th this is what I take

2 Barirtric Advantage mutli - one in the morning and one in the late afternoon ( chewable berry flavored - pretty good)

3 calcuim chews - 1 an hour before Breakfast then 1 at lunch and dinner- ( these are very good - taste like a carmel)

VIT B sublingual - 1 drop under the tongue once per day -

*** I switched to a monthly shot at my family Doctor last week... I can go to my PCP without an appt to see the nurse for the shot. No appt just stop in for the shot. The drops I have a very messy and stain clothes. Learned the hard way on a beautiful shirt my hubby got me for Christmas!!

I do not do well with pills so any chews or drops or shots is great for me.. hang in there.. you will find your grove!!

I think because the sleeve is a newer surgery for WL, a lot of surgeons are erring on the side of caution and are recommending the same Vitamin regiment that they would for RNY patients (who have malabsorption of many vitamins). My nutritionist's packet of information was the same packet they give to RNY patients (and therefore I know it had the same exact recommendations). When I met with my nutritionist one-on-one we discussed this and she actually allowed me to make some modifications.

I am OK with the higher dosage of Calcium, because I've always taken a daily calcium supplement (I don't drink milk) - but I still question the need for 2 daily multivitamins. I feel like I am eating a very balanced diet with an adequate amount of vegetables & fruits, so I may discuss at my next appt.

Here's what I am taking:

Colitis meds (I take this 4 times daily, so I always have two of these pills with the others below)

BP med (morning)

PPI (morning)

500 mg calcium citrate (morning)

multivitamin (noon)

probiotic (noon)

multivitamin (afternoon/evening)

OTC Zantac (bedtime)

500 mg calcium citrate (bedtime)

I also take a sublingual B12 and a B1 pill once a week, on Mondays. At my last nutritionist appointment, I was told that they were changing their recommendation for the B12 and wanted me to either start taking it daily or get a monthly shot. I'm changing to the shot but the pharmacy currently has it backordered.

I'm curious why you're on a PPI AND a RX antacid??

I started out with an H2blocker that didn't work. Was then given a PPI but my mild symptoms continued. I supposed because it takes time for it take effect and also PPIs don't work for everyone. So I researched and read about combining PPI & antacid. My surgeon said it was ok and prescribed a liquid antacid. I didn't use the antacid for a day and the symptoms came back.

Any suggestions or comments from anyone are welcomed, of course.

I started out with an H2blocker that didn't work. Was then given a PPI but my mild symptoms continued. I supposed because it takes time for it take effect and also PPIs don't work for everyone. So I researched and read about combining PPI & antacid. My surgeon said it was ok and prescribed a liquid antacid. I didn't use the antacid for a day and the symptoms came back. Any suggestions or comments from anyone are welcomed, of course.

Ohhh....interesting. I guess things get a little more intense, acid-wise. That'll be fun. :s Worth it though...

Lots of stuff huh?

Hmmm, let me see...

Am:

optisource chewable

Dexilant ppi

Unrelated med

And wondering when I start metformin again.

lunch

Optisource chewable

dinner

Optisource chewable

Bed

Optisource chewable

Unrelated meds

In a couple of weeks I add d3, Calcet and actigall. :(

I wish I didn't have to take the multi 4x a day. I bought the opurity one a days and the nut sent me a big list of addl supplements I would have to take to equal the Optisource.

Lifetime liquid Cacium-Magnesium, 2 T. per day (1,200 mg calcium)

Miracle 2000 (from GNC) 2 oz. per day (includes another 500 mg of calcium)

NOW Ultra B-12, sublingual liquid, 5000 mcg

The Miracle 2000 has an amazing number of Vitamins and minerals in it. It's a little gross, but I mix it with Water. The benefits outweigh the taste.

wow! alot of pill pushers here. I take a Gummy multi Vitamin called multivites and nothing else. feel great and lost 40 pounds since my sleeve. Do I need to take more?