Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

3 carbs for onion flavor 4 carbs for the others I think.. I need to order more' date=' last time I ordered I got the combo pack. The berry flavors are ok but I prefer the onion and plain ones. So I might get the plain if I order just one flavor, so I can have things like Peanut Butter on them too.

Someone described them yesterday as tasting close to a plain Cheerio I think that that's close :)[/quote']

Yeah, if I order it will be plain. Gonna check health food store first. You have to order a box which is TWELVE packs! Lol. I'd have to know I liked them first! But with that low carb and almost no cals they would be a great bread sub

Yeah' date=' if I order it will be plain. Gonna check health food store first. You have to order a box which is TWELVE packs! Lol. I'd have to know I liked them first! But with that low carb and almost no cals they would be a great bread sub[/quote']

I might just stick with the combo pack again on Amazon it's 6 packages at 25 dollars free shipping they stay fresh a long time but trust me six packs took up a lot of room! 12? I don't know??

Oh and side note I'm still down 2+ pounds so in light of it Being my birthday and I've kept it of a few days I'm changing the ticker to -2 pounds.

It's been so long I'm hope I remember how to do it :)

Oh and ate my yogurt this morning, stuffed!

And getting an upset stomach weird....

Oh and sorry guys I know I talk a lot!!!!

My birthday is actually tomorrow (sat in the USA) but I always go for a 3-5 day spread to enjoy it as much as possible! Yesterday was my last day of work until after my Bday, so they did the cards and cake then. My Hub and i are planning a field trip for saturday to a nature area for a hike, birdwatching, photography and lunch some place. Then with family on Sunday (Fathers day too). Thanks all.

I like the TDEE way too actually...when i was following it I was not hungry and did see my shape changing... but did not have the stomach to stick with the 12 weeks or whatever gaining, then losing it.... I have started weight lifting, and if I can get 15-20 pounds off, I may consider committing to the TDEE as a way of life.... eating more and changing your shape rocks! It was hard to eat 150 gms of Protein every day as well...I never have done a lot of cardio...but they recommend slashing the cardio to maybe a day a week...and going for heavy lifting in stead. I do just a little heavy(not that heavy and not that long yet!) lifting twice a week at this point, and can see and feel the difference.

Really, I'm just feeling my way along here... trying to figure out what combo of intake, output and attitude I need to succeed in better health. So many "diets" so many self help books, so much counseling, so much introspection, developing community...so much meditation, so much abandonment of plans and paths that did not work for me....You all know what Im saying here... I am humble about all of this... I try to gain serenity in the face of all this... life...and kindness and compassion too...I have been an evangelist for different eating plans in the past and stuck with some of them for years on end...there are a few remnants left that seem to work for me... and the body is a moving target as well... get older, injuries, illness, stress, hormone changes.... I am having success with the sleeve so far, and the MANY other life changes that have been recommended... still adjusting the fine details....still optimistic!

I really love this FYE. I feel like I'm really struggling as well. What to eat, how many calories to eat, what kind of workout to do, it's overwhelming. It was so much easier when I had that big ole binder from my surgeon that said EAT XXX for XXX weeks, then switch to XXX at XXX weeks and so and so forth. I feel like once you hit one year post-op the guidelines are a bit sketchy.

At first I thought I was doing awesome just exercising. I was going to Curves 3-5x a week, and filling in on non-curves days with treadmill walking (fast) and running. Then I elevated my game to include 1 hour intense classes at a "real" gym with "real" fitness instructors. I've done hour long cardio sessions and other classes that focus on strength training and weight lifting. So now I feel like I need to go get a degree in fitness and health JUST to figure out what the he(( I'm supposed to eat and how to exercise for the REST OF MY LIFE.

And I know we all know this but it bears repeating...what works for ONE does NOT work for ALL. So you throw that aspect into the mix and I just feel like I'm adrift on a open sea of confusion. Sigh.

Anyway this is all to tell you I love what you wrote.

I really love this FYE. I feel like I'm really struggling as well. What to eat, how many calories to eat, what kind of workout to do, it's overwhelming. It was so much easier when I had that big ole binder from my surgeon that said EAT XXX for XXX weeks, then switch to XXX at XXX weeks and so and so forth. I feel like once you hit one year post-op the guidelines are a bit sketchy.

At first I thought I was doing awesome just exercising. I was going to Curves 3-5x a week, and filling in on non-curves days with treadmill walking (fast) and running. Then I elevated my game to include 1 hour intense classes at a "real" gym with "real" fitness instructors. I've done hour long cardio sessions and other classes that focus on strength training and weight lifting. So now I feel like I need to go get a degree in fitness and health JUST to figure out what the he(( I'm supposed to eat and how to exercise for the REST OF MY LIFE.

And I know we all know this but it bears repeating...what works for ONE does NOT work for ALL. So you throw that aspect into the mix and I just feel like I'm adrift on a open sea of confusion. Sigh.

Anyway this is all to tell you I love what you wrote.

This is stated so perfectly....I can see each one of us out in the open sea heading across the pond with so much confusion. What do we do now....I like that this is an open discussion and we can bounce thoughts each other......

then tweak things to fit us.

I remember when i was working with a PT and told me that I needed to up my Protein to a ridiculously high number and I was like, how am I going to do that? I can barely eat this and this.... ?????

When I went to a diabetes class, nothing fit for me......I was totally abnormal....... felt different......

I also went to see a nutritionist and the same thing. She kept saying to eat more.......I was like what? How? so I have to modify it or me......This is so confusing and I have to make my own path. frustrating to say the least but I still love my eating.

I did contemplate the TDEE stuff but do not want to risk putting on weight and then it not coming back off. Fear sucks.....thank you M2G for sharing..... :P

so if we are all swimming in the sea, it sounds like perfect opportunity to meet up... I'll catch you all half way 'across the pond'!

But seriously, we are all swimming together, and that is so important... well, it is to me anyways! xx

Happy BirthdayFYE and Laura...I will be celebrating mine next week on the 20th!!! Like Laura, I too waited to move my ticker or even say anything on here because I wanted to see if the pounds stayed off for more than a day or came back(water weight). Happy to say I was 153 on Monday and weighed in at 149 this morning!!! I do like that the 5:2 has made me think about the fact that my body needs a daily rest from food, a period to really tune into whether I'm actually hungry or just eating out of habit and to stop having my late night snack. I will continue to give my body a 12 hr fast daily, for me that means not eating after 8pm and having Breakfast at 8am. I will drink Water during these hours if I feel I want something and am hoping this will break my late night snacking(when I say late I mean a snack at 9:30ish lol)

This will truly be a lifelong journey for me. I may no longer be 230 physically, but the emotional scars are still there and will take more than one year and a 84 pound weight loss to cure. I have truly been paying more attention to what I eat and how I feel when eating it. I have been drinking a minimum of 64 oz of Water since Tuesday and getting a lot of Protein in along with some carbs (need them for fuel during my workouts). Don't want to get too excited but am soo happy the scale move again.

so if we are all swimming in the sea, it sounds like perfect opportunity to meet up... I'll catch you all half way 'across the pond'!

But seriously, we are all swimming together, and that is so important... well, it is to me anyways! xx

We are all on the same boat! LOL with a beautiful smile cheering each other on.....BTW, there really is no pond between us now.....we are together in this....Yayyyyyyyy for such wonderful people......Some day I hope to go to Wales and meet you.... :)

Congrats, Renee! You are exactly where I was and SHOULD BE. Working on it. About 10 mo pounds to be back to goal range.

I'm like you and FYI, been through many "eating plans" and then sleeve came along and changed my life. 3 years out and glad to be here.

I think that's what is working for me right now because as someone said earlier today you get to where it is constantly on your mind and you find yourself wanting to eat or graze all the time. Having A period of real Rest From food has made me really conscious of what goes into my mouth and the fear of regain makes me really think twice about when and what!

Thanks Nannie! I totally agree with what you said...glad we are in this together!

I might just stick with the combo pack again on Amazon it's 6 packages at 25 dollars free shipping they stay fresh a long time but trust me six packs took up a lot of room! 12? I don't know??

Oh and side note I'm still down 2+ pounds so in light of it Being my birthday and I've kept it of a few days I'm changing the ticker to -2 pounds.

It's been so long I'm hope I remember how to do it :)

Oh and ate my yogurt this morning' date=' stuffed!

And getting an upset stomach weird....

Oh and sorry guys I know I talk a lot!!!![/quote']

Happy Birthday to all the celebrators!

today is a fast day, 512 cals. scale holding steady at 193.5 for 3 days now. 2 months of diet and exercise and I haven't lost a pound.

I belong here

Feels like I have stopped loosing. Same weight for 5 months

Here is my Birthday Picture ... and dog walk stop at a Walnut orchard... on the way to Gray Lodge Wildlife preserve in Northern California.

By the way, down one more pound after a regular eating day... that makes 3 1/2 lbs in 6 days. It really does cut the craving for junk in the bud on regular days. When I get full, I feel SO full, and really could stop eating before I get to my alloted calories, I have to make myself eat more on regular days, and at that am not eating the last of my calories. Something else. I do have to really plan my meals on "fast" or rest days, to help keep on plan, but at this early stage, its not that hard to do. I continue to lift weights, take walks and take dance lessons, with enough energy. I am very thirsty, and love to drink Water and teas and such... after months/years of not meeting my Water levels many days.

post-3718-13813666702328_thumb.jpg

You look great FYE. I have a yorkie also her name is Pookie Tinka Bella lol. Shes a rescue dog( my baby since the kids are grown now). I hope you had a wonderful birthday.