Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

OK, her is an article with some reference to medical research on intermittent fasting (NOT starving, but moderate fasting) http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130426115456.htm

I am starting my 2nd day of lowered cals. I lost 2 1/2 pounds the first day, kept it off so far... It was interesting on refeed day...my stomach was growling at times, I ate and was full very quickly... by 900 cals I could hardly fit any more in... however I really don't want to eat that little on refeed days, so I waited a couple of hours and ate an extra meal, up to 1300 cals.... was stuffed! MFP recommended eating 1600 cals, so I was still on the low side, but will see how this goes. Its just interesting to see how I felt so much different about food on the refeed day... it tasted really good, but I got full fast. The sleeve is working great on this routine! (so far...) Today: ESA low carb drink in my decaf- iced. Raw veggies and hummus for lunch, and boca burger on steamed veggies with Tomato sauce and reduced fat mozzarella bake. Iced tea with a dab on SF mango Syrup. I fixed my meals the night before and logged them as a support to keep on track. Its my birthday day at work, cake, chocolate, figs....so far... taking it all home for tomorrow!

at the end of my second fast day... not too bad, had my frozen fruit as planned but I needed something 'warm' ... so I had a cuppa soup! Not very primal but it did the trick, too me over though, about 600 cals, so I ain't gonna sweat it!

fYI, is it kinda weird how you really do feel the restriction a lot more so the old DIET trick of shrinking your stomach works! Lol. And ours is already shrunk!

Coops and Ms Skinniness, way to go.

Laura-Ven, I'm ordering the Magic Pops!!!

Coops so sorry you had this experience but I wish I had this experience when eating breads. I haven't eaten Pasta yet.....That will help Detour you next time....:P Looking good...Nanny G! 7 lbs is fantastic! I have also lost about 3 lbs and didn't completely follow through on Tuesday. So Thank you so much for sharing this...... :P

Ms Skin, are you saying you have not eaten any Pasta and a how far out are you from surgery? I'm impressed. I can't eat much pasta at all but I just discovered Lean Cuisine four cheese cannelloni and its just the right amount and now I crave red sauce! Ha!

And like you, I LONG for the days when bread made me ill. It's so funny how that happens. I would think bread would STILL get stuck! Nope!

Ms Skin, are you saying you have not eaten any Pasta and a how far out are you from surgery? I'm impressed. I can't eat much Pasta at all but I just discovered Lean Cuisine four cheese cannelloni and its just the right amount and now I crave red sauce! Ha!

And like you, I LONG for the days when bread made me ill. It's so funny how that happens. I would think bread would STILL get stuck! Nope!

Yep NannyG, I haven't had any pasta's for the pasta 21 months.........:P Now bread is a different story..........:)

I am sad right now. The magic pop has corn in it. I am determined not to eat anything made with corn because the steer that are raised on grain are given corn to help fatten them up. So I work on eliminating all corn from my diet. :( Oh well, I hope you enjoy them, they sound tasty though. :)

Today wasn't too bad. I did feel really hungry around 1pm today but drank some Water and it passed. Today was my two a day so I burned over 1000 calories today doing my morning and evening exercise and only consumed 600 cals for the day(I went over today, was hungry but made it a good Protein choice!!!) congrats to all who made it through day 2 of reduced calorie eating! Lets try it again next week!!

NannieG I hope you like them! I put my low sodium lunch meat on them, tuna, hummus, you name it! :D

Ms skinniness :( that's sucks that you can't eat them. They really help when I want some crunch..

It's funny today I was grocery shopping which by the way was hard when your fasting!

There was a lady in the cracker isle she had all her kids reading the nutritional value on the "healthy" crackers and she was getting upset about all the carbs in them. I almost told her about the magic pops but my husband already thinks I'm crazy!! He would of thought I went off the deep end talking to a stranger at a grocery store about crackers :).

Ok fasting almost done for the night just have a 200 calorie dinner to whip up. I'm a boring eater, as long as its food I'm good. So with that I will have a turkey burger with veggies.

Just finished dinner. Today not too hard... walked 2 miles without any problems, passed up the birthday cake, and its 6:45 pm. I do have a nagging voice asking me what I will do when I need to eat pudding later watching TV! (naughty little voice!) So the answer is... TOMORROW dear, tomorrow.

So the answer is... TOMORROW dear' date=' tomorrow.[/quote']

Yes! This is my favorite thing about this fasting thing. :-)

Did great today only got in 270 calories. Not eating again until avout 11:00am. I so hope the weight stays off. Happy Birthday FYE!!!

Omg I missed the birthday cake FYE! I am such a sugar addict. LOL HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! :)

Is this thing on?? Anyone here? So I did great today, I had moments of hunger and grumpy moods but made it to 500 calories...

That is until 10 minutes ago when after fighting with a 17 year girl child about joining the national guard. I blew it and ate 5 Cheetos at 9pm ....

5 Cheetos is not that bad I just had 6 hot Cheetos LOL. Good job Laura. :)