Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

This does sound doable. Can I ask a question on the fast day I realise that 500 calories is the target but do you take Protein levels into consideration at all? What I mean is do you have to get your protein levels as high as possible while remaining under 500 calories.

This does sound doable. Can I ask a question on the fast day I realise that 500 calories is the target but do you take Protein levels into consideration at all? What I mean is do you have to get your Protein levels as high as possible while remaining under 500 calories.

Obviously, for me, it is best to get in as much protein as you can to stay full but not worried about it. For example, I found that oatmeal works best for me for Breakfast with sting cheese snack and then chicken breast with veggies for supper so I do get protein and if you did eggs or cheese for breakfast you would get more. But, no, at 3 years out, I don't worry about levels so much other than carbs now

Obviously, for me, it is best to get in as much Protein as you can to stay full but not worried about it. For example, I found that oatmeal works best for me for breakfast with sting cheese snack and then chicken breast with veggies for supper so I do get protein and if you did eggs or cheese for breakfast you would get more. But, no, at 3 years out, I don't worry about levels so much other than carbs now

Do you wait 12 hours before eating dinner after having breakfast or do you use your 12 hours at night while sleeping? :)

Um, NIGHT! Lol

Um' date=' NIGHT! Lol[/quote']

Haha! I wondered about that too. On the forum some of the people talk about eating breakfast and then not eating all day?

I didn't get it!

This is VERY exciting!! Tomorrow a group of us will be only eating 500 cals and sharing our successes.....good luck tomorrow everyone! Lets see those scales start moving again:)

I here with ya'll on this! Hope I can eat up to 500 calories. So you only eat at12 hour intervals? Like 6 am and then 6 pm

I might have to give the 5:2 plan a try! I've not tracked my food in over a MONTH!!! Aaargh! I fell off the tracking wagon that I was on from Jan-May and now I just can't seem to climb back on. My weight is up (again) in my high range, whereas previously this year I had lost -9lbs just by tracking what I eat.

I'm going to support group tonight and will ask the NUT that runs the program what she thinks about the 5:2 plan.

I follow this blog and she has her own plan for those who suspect that sugar is a huge problem. I don't know how I feel about her plan. It seems like a great short-term solution but not for the long-haul. I would LOVE to see someone do a similar plan but actually eat REAL food not shakes. I did a no-sugar no-carb diet that was very strict and lost -17lbs (this is before being sleeved...like 2 years before I was sleeved) in 6 weeks. However, in 9 months time of eating "normally" again I regained +25lbs. :blink:

Anyway, this is Holly's sugar detox program (she used to post on here but maybe not anymore? There is someone else here named Holly Rose who has lost a LOT of weight but not the same gal as this one:)

http://www.300poundsdown.com/2013/05/my-sugar-detox-plan-and-beginner-program-for-weight-lossexercise.html

Here is another post about the evils of sugar (and while I don't think that I fall into the category of people who need to treat sugar like a drug) I like what she wrote and have thought about doing her plan. It's basically like Slim-Fast (shakes all day then a meal for dinner). I'm just not sure that I can/want to be such a nazi about my food.

http://www.300poundsdown.com/2013/06/sugar-addiction-detox-and-gaining-control-over-food.html

But just throwing this out there for thoughts/ideas. I'm definitely still fighting this battle and just not sure that I will ever be DONE! Aargh!

I might have to give the 5:2 plan a try! I've not tracked my food in over a MONTH!!! Aaargh! I fell off the tracking wagon that I was on from Jan-May and now I just can't seem to climb back on. My weight is up (again) in my high range, whereas previously this year I had lost -9lbs just by tracking what I eat.

I'm going to support group tonight and will ask the NUT that runs the program what she thinks about the 5:2 plan.

I follow this blog and she has her own plan for those who suspect that sugar is a huge problem. I don't know how I feel about her plan. It seems like a great short-term solution but not for the long-haul. I would LOVE to see someone do a similar plan but actually eat REAL food not shakes. I did a no-sugar no-carb diet that was very strict and lost -17lbs (this is before being sleeved...like 2 years before I was sleeved) in 6 weeks. However, in 9 months time of eating "normally" again I regained +25lbs. :blink:

Anyway, this is Holly's sugar detox program (she used to post on here but maybe not anymore? There is someone else here named Holly Rose who has lost a LOT of weight but not the same gal as this one:)

http://www.300pounds...ssexercise.html

Here is another post about the evils of sugar (and while I don't think that I fall into the category of people who need to treat sugar like a drug) I like what she wrote and have thought about doing her plan. It's basically like Slim-Fast (shakes all day then a meal for dinner). I'm just not sure that I can/want to be such a nazi about my food.

http://www.300pounds...-over-food.html

But just throwing this out there for thoughts/ideas. I'm definitely still fighting this battle and just not sure that I will ever be DONE! Aargh!

I believe that I will never be done with keeping my weight off. I see many people being consistent and successful. I am very thankful to you and others who share about fighting the fighting and preservance. So I'm just going to settle in and be careful of the foods I eat a long with Portion Control. We can do this! :)

I believe that I will never be done with keeping my weight off. I see many people being consistent and successful. I am very thankful to you and others who share about fighting the fighting and preservance. So I'm just going to settle in and be careful of the foods I eat a long with Portion Control. We can do this! :)

Yep, you are right. It took me a LOOONG time to realize that this will always be my cross to bear (keeping the weight off) and that I will just never get to that place where I can kick back and eat whatever I want without gaining weight. Sigh. We are in this for the long haul!

I here with ya'll on this! Hope I can eat up to 500 calories. So you only eat at12 hour intervals? Like 6 am and then 6 pm

No, you need to have at least one twelve hour interval. The originator eats at 7 and 7. If you eat at six and six that's great! I,myself, try not to eat before mid morning and then around 7 because I'm not quite sure if I eat EARLY that I won't be tempted to cheat! Lol.

For me, I just know I could never do shakes and be successful. I have to Chew! Lol. I'm trying to find something that long-term I can live with and that's why I'm trying the 5:2. You get to eat 5 days a week and I being very conscious of what goes in my mouth. Trying to make it "clean" (even though from all accounts there is no such thing!) healthy and very little junk. At almost 60, I KNOW this is for life. That many years of bad eating habits isn't going to give up easily! Lol

SO, I'm psyched and organised for my first fast day tomorrow, I will skip breakfast (I usually do) and instead of my cuppa I will just drink Water and make sure I take a bottle to work with me too... in a weird way I am looking forward to getting some control back - it's a mental thing as well as physical with me!

I've just downloaded the book for my kindle - in some of the reviews it said that you could fast 3 days a week? But for now, I will stick to the 5:2 and get into it.

Sadly I am at the top of my bounce range - and although my eating habits haven't changed dramatically, there have been a few naughty (bad me for using that word) days where I have snacked on the wrong foods; mainly carbs! it is my daughter's fault... she had a cooking assessment and came home with some delicious treats! How could I resist? The only problem, is that one day has lead to more - which, is unusual for me -M2G, I wonder if this is related to the sugar thing?

So, tomorrow is the day I take back control and, even if the scale doesn't move... at least I will feel better for making the right moves.

I might have to give the 5:2 plan a try! I've not tracked my food in over a MONTH!!! Aaargh! I fell off the tracking wagon that I was on from Jan-May and now I just can't seem to climb back on. My weight is up (again) in my high range' date=' whereas previously this year I had lost -9lbs just by tracking what I eat.

http://www.300poundsdown.com/2013/05/my-sugar-detox-plan-and-beginner-program-for-weight-lossexercise.html

http://www.300poundsdown.com/2013/06/sugar-addiction-detox-and-gaining-control-over-food.html

I read a book about a year before surgery called

"An anatomy of a food addiction" and decided to cut out all sugars real and fake. The hardest part was diet coke. But I felt so good afterwards! Even lost a bit of weight.

Well fast forward to this surgery and now my life seems to be full of fake sugars again..

I, at some point down the line will think about cutting them out again totally.