Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Nannie, a few of my friends have tried this with a bit of success and the feed back was similar to yours, they did get hungry too but of course, they haven't got the Portion Control tool we have.

I'm with GT... I might give this a go and see what happens...

Like you, I'd be happy to shed a few and maintain... I would ideally like to get to 154 which is about 10 lbs from where I am sat now!

Gotta tell ya though, my weight is going up and up and not down so much... I am hoping that it is swelling from the TT and not actually fat because I am as swollen as a very swollen person... my tummy feels like it will pop! What is strangest thing though, is that I have put on a few pounds, I feel swollen and bloated yet I've been wearing a size UK 12 trouser and top all day in work no problem, not too tight or uncomfortable! Just doesn't make sense, which is why I am hoping the few pounds extra is swelling!

Anyway, let us know what happens over the next few days, how the fastdiet works out and in the mean time I will have another google on it! Thanks for letting us know! x

Which to me, Coops, means sorta like when (if) we had babies. I always gained weight but ate healthier and after the Albany was born weighed LESS than pre-pregnancy! I think that is what is happening with you. As Dr said, you will probably have swelling off and on for months as your body gets back to normal but your true SIZE is shrinking! Yaay! And as to 5:2, the funny thing is now I really don't get so hungry on the fast day (500 cal) because I know that it's REAL hunger wen I feel it and can eat normal tomorrow. Also, today is a normal and I've only eaten a cup of SF oats and its 10:30! Makes you kinda hate to eat more the day after fast. At least so far! Lol.

Um that's BABY not Albany! Spell Checker. Grr

I'm loving the baby comparison thing and yea, it makes sense. I knew about the swelling... I just wasn't prepared for it to be like this! You all know I'm, peri menopausal and before surgery it was many many months since I last had a 'show' and it was literally just that! Well in the last 3 mths since the TT I have had one 'show' and one proper period (duration and content - sorry if TMI) and today, I feel as if I am on run up - which coincides with the mood at the beginning of the week! And I've had the carb monster cravings which I gave into today in work - school chips! They looked lovely but tasted like **** and it is fair to say that I picked at them and didn't enjoy them one bit - boooo! I suppose it was like imagining having sex with my idol and then if it ever happens he was crap! What a let down. I won't be eating chips in school again ( or shagging my idol in the near future!)

I am going to look into this diet plan too. It reminds me of an article I read by Josh and Joel whom are dietician. They are discussing Leptin Hormones and stated that when we eat low calorie (under 500) we deplete our Leptin Hormone. So they recommend a cheat day where you up the calories (they say 1000) and the Leptin Hormone increases. I am going to see what happens. Today is my back to basic start of proteins.........:)

LOL at the shag comment!

Right, I'm in! Gonna try the 5:2 for a few weeks and see what happens... got nothing to lose...hahahaa

My fast days to start with will be Tuesday and Thursday - gonna follow Nannies lead with the oats/porridege and a piece of lean meat with roast veggies for tea - shooting for two 250 cal meals a day. I'm gonna ditch my tea and coffee for those days too and try to increase my Water.

As a side note... do any of you 'believe' that drinking a lot of Water helps weight loss. I was really good at this in the first 6-8mths of my sleeve, then as my volume of food increased, my abililty to drink more water decreased and I have never gotten back to it. I have fits and fads of drinking more, but can't seem to do it for a long space of time...

Thoughts?

Great link FYI... kinda sums it all up.

For the record not all Brits sound like him...lol!! x

Coops, I have ALWAYS been a huge drinker. Whether it was diet coke (3 liter a day habit) which ended with Sleeve or anything else. I always drink an average of (4) 44 oz cups of Water with half a crystal light packet in each. I have never been able to drink STRAIGHT Water for some reason. But I will tell you, I def think on this plan the liquid makes the difference. I am really keeping the seat hot tinkling! Lol. And BTW, yesterday was normal day and I still are only about 1200 calories which included eating out! Something about this plan makes me Want To eat less on other days and eat healthy because I am afraid the day befores loss will come back! Lol. BUT weighed today and STILL six pounds down after 6 days! I'm sure it will change next week and slow down but I LIKE this mindset 5:2. Some do alternate fast days if they REALLY need large weight loss just don't like the not having a SET schedule that way.

Oregondaisy, I know how you feel. My little size 8 skirts are not fitting and now it's mostly 10/12. ???? And I tell myself, "Hey, it's a size 10/12 you WERE a 20!" But if I don't get a real maintenance plan in place and hopefully, lose the extra 15 next year at this time will I be telling myself size 14 isn't so bad? ❤❤❤

We can do this! We HAVE done this and we WILL do this! Love. Happy weekend!.

FYI, this is actually what I saw when I got the 5:2 inspiration. Then I purchased the book on Kindle and read it through. Was going to start it. Was trying to low carb at the time and didn't. Fell off the wagon, so to speak, and then got inspired again last week to try it

You know, it's like we've all said. We are human. We will have good and bad weeks. FYI, it's what you said very well. We have to have joy in life and find something that will take our focuses OFF just our weight because we really did the Sleeve for that reason. I'm hoping this will be FINALLY a lifestyle for me that's sustainable. Other sleevers have found their way to real maintenance other ways so its just trial and error on our parts. Life is short!! I don't want it to pass me by while I worry about weight!!!!!! ????

Great link FYI... kinda sums it all up.

For the record not all Brits sound like him...lol!! x

By cricky, don't take THAT away from me. Lol

I did fasting diets a few times though the years,I have fasted every other day (water only) for weeks, lose 3- gain 2..... And I have done carrotjuice/orange juice fasts... two weeks while living in India, lost 15 pounds.... but neither of these are long term plans. I may try the 2-5 fast-diet... not ready to quite yet....I'll let you be the test subjects for a while!

My main question on this fasting is it assumes we are going to eat 2000 calories a day on the non fasting days? On the fasting days they put you at 500 a quarter of what you would eat normally..

Thanks Nannie for the 5:2 posts. I am really thinking I'm going to try it starting next week. The scale hasn't moved in months and I work out 6-7 times a week and eat pretty well(some of my bad eating habits have been creeping back in though). I have met my original surgeons goal weight of 160( I weighed in at 151 today) and have been around 150-153 since January. I did get down to 148 then bounced right back to 150. My surgeon saw I was doing well, then he revised his goal weight for me and dropped it to 145 and for the life of me I can't make it there!!! I wanted to try to TDEE plan but am scared to death to gain weight in order to lose weight and reading Globe's posts and hearing her frustration is confirming for me that I may not want to try that right now.

I have enjoyed reading the posts by Coops and Laura-Ven just about their journeys. I am a slow loser and despite it all wouldn't change a thing!! I appreciate the inspiration on this site and am determined to get to goal. It too is the dream I'm holding onto that keeps me going! Lets see if the fast diet works for me! Nannie is having some success with it!