Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Oh yes, Coops, sugar DOES have weird effect on us! But carbs do for me more than anything. I am between 164-170 all the time. Got all the way to My Goal 150 (surgeon never really gave me one but indicated 155-160) and I lost steadily all the way to150. Really never had a true stall. As soon as I hit goal, I started relaxing and gained a little over the next year to where I am now. At 2+years I can definitely eat much more but what I if d alarming is the fact that I truly have had to realize in the last few weeks is that MY HEAD hasn't changed much! Lol. As any addict, if I let myself I would devour Snacks all day long and they will slide right on down as fast as I eat them. Trouble! I carry my weight from the waist up and as soonas any pounds go back on it goes right to the middle!

Sooo. Tried low carb for a few weeks which I can do because I love meat but noooo energy so I stated just eating healthier and watching calories 1200 recommended to lose 2lbs week. It is amazing how differently I look at myself even after a few days when I KNOW I am eating right etc. I LOOK slimmer to myself, I have more energy and better frame of mind overall. Isn't it funny how our psyche plays tricks with our minds!?

AND I am loving myfitnesspak app since I a, logging every bite now. I truly never had to in losing stage because it seemingly fell off me without much effort. Lucky me! But now jam realizing that MY NEW NORMAL will always have to be very mindful of what and how much I put into my mouth. My body likes where it is and I suppose I could be happy here if I didn't KNOW how I felt and LOVED being at 150.

It is encouraging, MeginNOLA, to know that when we correct ourselves quickly, our bodies happily respond to!

I really love talking to is gang of VSGbies! Have a great wknd!

Sorry for the typos. Hate iPad keyboard. Myfitnesspal app

Coops: I believe that sugars are a big down fall for me. It doesn't take much for me to add a few ozs when I do have something with sugar in there. :( but true. I really can't get too much in my stomach anyways,thank goodness. You look "HOT" and that is the biggest bonus out of all of this so far. The extra lbs will drop when you least expect it.

I'm just going to work on eating healthy, no added sugars and eating small portions and just enjoy my body as it is today. I do have a "tire" in my midsection that the only way it's going to leave me is by a tt. LOL I just want to settle. :)

I had one of my choir members who is a massage therapist tell me after rehearsal today that he thought my body was looking very different even from the beginning of the year (as in, August).... he detailed that he thought I was "settling" into my new weight, that my hips looked thinner and athletic, that my face was thinner, and that my tummy was "lifting." We were all sitting at the dinner table after rehearsal (my husband included) and this guy is gay, so he wasn't trying to hit on me or be nice for some ulterior motive. I was flattered that he noticed, although still a bit uncomfortable with my physical shape. It's nice when other people compliment me, but it's still hard for me to agree--I can definitely accept a compliment graciously, but when it comes to believing them, not so much. :)

Got the last couple of pounds off from the cookie/cake fest, thank goodness. Restocked the fridge with healthy stuff--veggies, fruit, smoothie ingredients. Looking forward to another busy week at school. Hope everyone has a terrific week!

So, how is everyone...

I've had a tough couple of weeks... back to work and the sh*t hit the fan... lots of stress and pressure (not needed and not appreciated!) when we should be celebrating a good set of results!

I haven't turned to food - thankfully my sleeve is doing its job! I am seeing the scale bounce around again though... 163 - 167! I really am starting to think that my body has settled here and is happy! My mind on the other hand is saying 'c'mon, just 14lb more... that is all!'

No matter what I do or don't do, nothing is changing... I really feel like this is me now! I have started back in the gym in work and am building myself up slowly... my hip is giving me a little grief, nothing to what it was and my back is ok, so I have to ensure I take it steady.. The good thing is that my breathing is great, no problems in getting winded like I did when I first started out.

I am thinking about logging again for a week or so to see if that helps - or at least to see that I am not eating 'hidden calories' - if that makes sense. I am even thinking about doing liquids for a few days... yep! Desperate is the word here. I really hope that by now I would be sitting at goal and it is starting to get me down again. If I wasn't 'trying' then I would suck it up and stop moaning and droning on... I am even getting on my own nerves!

One thing is for sure... I am defo getting the skin on my tummy sorted... it has to go. I tried a lovely dress on, fitted perfectly everywhere apart from the middle... you could actually see the skin - that overhang - it was really horrible and I hate the feeling. I am wondering if the hanging skin is putting pressure on my hip and back and that is why, regardless of continuing my physio exercises, it is still hurting, especially after exercise? This is keeping me going, knowing that (hopefully) by this time next year the skin will be gone and my clothes will fit properly!!

Coops, I hear ya. My body seems quite fine to just stay put where it's at, though I want to shift five more kg first... Alas. I eat too much junk sometimes, so I can't say I'm giving it my all. I do religiously walk and go to the gym though.

You look great -- I want to see a bigger version of your current profile pic, cos that looks AWESOME!

And yeah, work is always full of s**t to hit the fan, isn't it. I sometimes find myself just grinding my teeth during the day from stress...that can't be good for the old bod...

Hey Coops! I love your sexy dress! Looking good! I second Swizzly's request for a larger pic! I really want to check you out! Sexy! Yep, that's what I said, "Sexy." I have also gotten to a point where I get to 146 lbs and then bounce back up to 151 lbs and then I freak out. I just want to get down to 145 lbs now and be happy. I'm exercising every day by walking think I should start going to the gym again and build muscle up. :)

I believe that our bodies will tell us when we are at a good place. Maye this is just our resting points for the next weight loss! :)

Thanks ladies... I really don't want to stay in this body at the moment... at this shape and size most clothes aren't fitting well... to get it right around the apron area, the waist, bum and legs are too big! to get it right in those areas, the apron is too small... it has to go! The dress in the pic covers a multitude of sins, I borrowed it from a friend for my hols... it hangs over the lumps and bumps and emphasises the smaller area, i.e. my shoulders...lol!! Oh what are we ladies like!

Do you really want me to upload the full pic? Really?

Oh and I forgot to say, to top me feeling pretty miserable, I now have a bad cold!!! Been feeling like crap all day, weak and tired... *sighs*

Coops: We all have a lot of lumps and bumps that we hide with our clothing. i really do want to see a bigger pic of you and your friends beautiful dress on! Sexy!

I do believe that you will lose more weight. You are very determined and very focused. Your body is just resting for now, and btw, you just got back from a wonderful vacation that was fabulous.

I know that when I'm focusing on not losing weight, my food addiction kicks in and before you know it, I'm not eating healthy anymore. I am eating more now and am totally blown away by it. Shocked actually. So now it's time to reign myself back in and focus on today.

I would love to meet you someday in person. Actually, I probably will meet you some day. It's a very small world. I've missed you! :)

Hey y'all: Glad to hear from a few folks! Sorry some of us are feeling stressed out and frustrated!! Work can definitely do that--here, too. It's so people intensive!! We sometimes joke that we'd get so much done at school if those silly students didn't keep coming around! :) I love them, though....

Coops, seriously, if you just got back from holiday and you're still approximately where you were beforehand, I'd say that's a reason to Celebrate. You are very definitely disciplined!

This week, my positive affirmation is, "I can choose." That's true freedom and power right there. We have choices. Let's use them!! I'm choosing raspberries over ice cream right this second (even though it's sugar free ice cream--fruit still has fewer cals and some Fiber and vit C). Last week's was "I am capable." I thought about that every morning on my way to work--just saying it in my mind helps me be that--try making up your own for whatever mind set you want to have and then just repeat it until it becomes part of your inner mind's voice.... it really does help, as simple and sort of silly as it sounds.

Have a great week, all you capable choosers!!

Lovely post Meg, I don't think it sounds silly at all! I'm going to give that a try this week.

Meg I love your post! It's fantastic. I see that you have only 1 more lb to go! Wow, that's rockin that sleeve. I love that your affirmation is "I can choose!" It is all about making choices in our lives. I can eat a small portion, or i can continue eating a larger portion (with the possibility of stretching my sleeve) is what i tell myself. Not always able to make the best choice though. It's always a job. So good to see you on the board! Missed ya! :)

Hey! Words of wisdom again Meg! Loves it! I particularly relate to the 'choice' mantra - I practise this most days - mostly my choices are good and when they are not, I don't stress anymore! I suppose that is an NSV of sorts. It certainly helps with the mental side of weight loss and struggling to get to goal.

I have been home from my holidays for ages now... over a month. Lost the holiday weight, and now bouncing around from 163-164-165 ... I still weigh most mornings - got to to make sure that I don't go over the bounce range and I think partly to torment myself...lol! Would love to see the scale lower, but, well we'll see how the ole body reacts. Next mth the stall will be a year old... thinking of starting a new thread...lol!

I am really convinced that my stall is hormone related... although I am still taking my tablets to stop the hot flushes, they are back! Not like before but they are getting worse - I am trying to get an appointment to discuss this with my doc, perhaps I need to change my tablets now?

Holy cow--I hit goal!!!! I am kind of surprised! I've been lurking and bouncing between 176-178 for so flipping long, I figured maybe that's just where my body was going to stay. But a nice bounce down, and it's not dehydration, since I have been super careful about that lately and even drank Gatorade yesterday evening (usually that keeps my weight UP a pound or so).

Well, there it is. I really don't know what else at this point. LOL I'm 6'2" (closer to 6'3" now that my spine isn't supporting so much excess body weight--like seriously, like I needed that extra inch??).... I'm wearing size 10/12, which was my original goal, size L T-shirts (still have the girls, although they kind of face the wrong direction now, LOL), and I still have some flab that I'd love to lose but I'm not sure exactly how to approach that with my "I hate to exercise" lifestyle. My DH and I have been talking about going to the university's health center on a regular basis, but we have to figure out when/how to make that happen in our schedules. Meanwhile, I'm just planning to keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens. If I drop a couple more, great; if I don't, also great.

Just wanted to share with y'all, because you're so super supportive and I have SO enjoyed being a part of this little "community within a community."