Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

GT ~ this is fantastic! So proud of you! Keep it up. I wish I had this drive. ;)

YAAY! Day two done and gone! Down 4 lbs! Yes, I know a lot is Water but it's water I carried in lbs.! lol Anyway, doing bootcamp is really helping me get refocused on living healthier. I truly don't want to be a slave to scales and aren't at this point but when my little size skirts start getting tight, well..... (:( And MegNOLA, I understand what you mean about weight. I catch myself comparing to others weight and they are about 5 inches shorter than me! I'm 5' 7.5" and have always looked lighter than I was because of my height. But at almost 2 years out, I can tell my "new body" is shifting in areas I don't want it to shift! So lowering my carbs helps the "muffin" top that I lost completely and DON'T want back. I tend to carry my weight all up top, no bottom, butt or thighs! But face, middle and stomach, well.... enough said. YAAY, US!!!! Go, girls, go Team VSG!!!

So yesterday something strange happened--I pulled off my size 12 jeans without undoing them. I know it was at the end of the day, but---!!!!

Meg ~ what a wonderful NSV! Time to get new pants! LOL Keep it going. ;)

Ladies... WOW!

I'm loving these updates...

well done nannieg... you got it sorted now

Meg!! WTH... I agree with Dorrie, you need to get some new trousers...lol... great NSV!

Dorrie... you HAVE the DRIVE... get out there and do it! It feels really good to get that heart beating! =]

GT... I am loving your crossfit update... you go my lovely sleeve friend! What an achievement... I am well proud and a slight bit envious! Sometimes I really wished I lived over the pond!!

I'm just chugging along at the moment... nothing to report, no changes anywhere but all good! x

Yeah, I'm just bummed now because it is so expensive, I would have to choose between crossfit and my gym membership, where I get yoga and machines and saunas etc. sigh.

Ooo... tough call GT... what will give you the best overall results? What do you think you can stick to? Could you afford to go another time or two to crossfit?

If I did crossfit 3X a week I would most definitely see a difference in my body, but the yoga that I get at my gym 2X a week provides a mind/body release that I have come to depend on. Also, as the heat and humidity increase making being outdoors more unbearable, the gym allows me to run and workout in a pleasant environment. However, it would only be for 2 months possibly, that I would be paying for both, maybe I can squeeze the $$ from somewhere else ... eek!

OK, I realise that this is going to sound desperate.. and I suppose in a way it is!

I think my scale is broken... it still hasn't moved... I'm still being 'a good girl' and being mindful of what I eat 95% of the time.

So, why do I think it is broken... here is my example...

Friday night I weighed before bed (yes I know... let me finish) and the scale said 171...OMG! Out of my bounce range in the wrong direction, leading to nightmares and all sorts; sweats, panic, shivers...lol... realisitcally; Water weight as I was sooo bloody bloated.

Anyway, Saturday morning I weighed in at 164... huh? Got off, go on again ... 164! Huh? Third time lucky ...164! Back to my all time lowest. Chuffed or what! 7lbs overnight... check me out eh?

I brushed my teeth pondering as how can this be real... but I'll take it for the team! In my excitement I thought 'lets see that magic number again... I can change my ticker and proudly announce that I have lost a pound and I am back to my all time lowest' ... got back on the scales and it read 167... huh? then 165... then 166 .... arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I HATE the scales... I am sure that there is a little devil in there messing with it just to wind me up!

Then, Saturday evening, I go visit a friend, nip to the loo, see her scales...I can't resist (I think I have scale issues) pop on ... 162 fully dressed, in jeans... WHT! I love her scales, they have angels in it! At 162 that would make me overweight and not obese....

*Sighs...*

I am seriously considering buying new scales....lol!

Coops ~ I did buy a new scale and brought it home bc I thought my scale was malfunctioning! Well I step on both scales at different times and the new one was just 1 lb less that my old scale. So that means I can actually keep subtracting 1 lb from my current weight in but I don't. So I took the new scale back and got my money back.

There are days when I weight fluctuates and I'm not getting down very quickly. I don't really care any more because I'm liking my skinniness now. But I am going to take this all the way to the bank. I want at lease 10 more lbs at least. ;)

Coops--yeah, I think it's time for a "scale retirement" ceremony, in which you take the scale into a parking structure and DROP IT several stories down, allowing it to end its time on earth in a sleever-satisfying, demolishing crash. Just chuck it!! And video it, too. Come to think of it, I think I'm going to do that with mine!!!

Seriously, you should find a set of scales that is pretty reliable and isn't in your house that you can pop in and weigh on every so often. My doctor's office, for instance, is just around the corner from me, and I can stop in there and hop on the scale every so often without anyone else being around--the scales are just off the public waiting room in a hallway, but nobody stops you from going back there or anything. I think I'm going to do that occasionally, even though I prefer weighing first thing in the morning sans clothing (in order to be at my lowest weight, of course--stupid tricks we pull on ourselves!). I think the doc's scale is probably a whole lot more reliable than mine, plus if I get rid of mine or get my husband to hide it, maybe I'll stop hopping on there and getting freaked out by my perfectly acceptable and typical 1- to 2-pound bounce up and down on a daily basis--it's not like it's a surprise any more--heavens, I'm over a year out, but it still flips me the heck out.

Let's send our scales bungee-jumping without the bungee!!!

Thought I would post here. I made it to GOAL! I've become friends with my hooping instructor who is also a personal trainer. She has been watching her weight and it's really rubbed off on me. We check in each day with what we have eaten and what our plans are for the rest of the day. We also work out at least 2x a week. So 18 months out, lost 127lbs. I'm in size 4-6 down from 22/24. 36 C bra from 42DDD. XXL shirts to S/M. I have very saggy skin and I'm starting the process to get plastics to lift and tuck everything back. This has been an amazing experience. I'm at 149, 1lb less than my goal and I'm working toward 145. I love love love my body and I don't want to EVER go back to being fat. Thanks for all your support. XOXO

Hey gals, I haven't checked in for a while. I keep reading on my iPad and not having the mental energy to get out my laptop and post an update (I hate the keypad on the iPad)!

SouthernSleever, that's wonderful news, congratulations!!! You must feel great!

Coops, you really need to retire that scale--it sounds way off kilter and likely to drive you batty if you keep it!

GT: I cannot wait to hear about your crossfit experience (if you do it, that is...). I have to say, i've read some crossfit blogs and those are the fittest ladies out there! The guns on those ladies are astonishing, and I'm so jealous!

Meg, you are doing so amazingly well! Keep up the great work!

As for me, I'm chugging along. I lost about 4 lbs in the last month, which has been great! But now, we are back to the standstill. It's so hard when there is still 30 lbs to go. To be honest, I think my running might be interfering with my weight loss, and I looked it up on the internet, and guess what?! Lots of of people training for marathons or half marathons GAIN weight! Isn't that insane? I wish someone had told me before I started putting in all this work so that I can GAIN some weight, sheesh! I guess the intense stress of training tends to really ramp up your hunger (true), and because you will feel terrible if you don't fuel enough before and after training, it's not recommended to try to lose weight before a marathon. So, I'm just going to focus on training for now, and once the marathon is over, I'll focus more on diet. On the upside, I can tell I have really built a lot of muscle, and I feel like it's making up for the muscle I may have lost during my heavy losing phase. Anyhoo, it's disappointing, but I'm OK with just focusing on training right now. I signed up for the marathon because I really wanted to feel fit, and like I had made a change in what I can do in my healthier body, so if it means I can't lose for a while, I'd say it's worth it. Anyhoo, hope everyone is well! GT: I also want to hear more of your dating sagas! Pointy lips, ick!!!

Oh, and Coops, congrats on the running! For me, just being able to run has been such a big goal for so long! Seeing all the lithe runners effortlessly jogging through the park used to always make me feel really sad, and now I get to do it! It is an incredibly freeing feeling!!! Go you!

WOOT! Congratulations Southern Sleever! That's awesome--I know you are so pleased to be at goal!! Having a buddy really does help with accountability and motivation, doesn't it? I'm hunting one around here now... Anyhoo, congrats!!!