Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Hiya Robin... just c'mon in! Good to see you join us! Back to basics really is a great place to start... you must keep us up to speed on how you do!

Meg! Erm, lazy you are NOT! Just keep adding a little, like you are doing, and I'm sure you will get motivated! But I promise you this... once you start you won't want to stop - especially when you see the results! You should see the muscles I have in my legs... seriously! I get comments on them all the time!

I understand what you say about muscle and weight, but when I was younger, as I refered to, I was equally as fit and strong... perhaps it is just my bodies new composition that weighs more due to too many years of being morbidly obese?

Dorrie, you are right to focus on being hydrated before exercise... not sure about you but when I work out I sweat like a beast... and I mean, I've just got out of the shower look!! You'll know when you are ready...

GT... I LOVE bread! I only eat wholegrain with linseed or other seeded bread now though... if I want a 'treat' sometimes I will have a white slice toasted but it is very rare. Funny thing is that it doesn't leave me empty... I get the same satifaction with just bout all food stuff, which I suppose is good!!

Coops and Doorie I'm in the same boat. Dropped almost 70# in my first five months, then stopped:(. I'm nearing 8 mos and really frustrated. But I'm trying new things and trying to get more exercise in. I would like to his the 100# loss mark before my one year anniversary. I'm praying I will.

AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHH, MAKE THESE LAST #$%(**&!! 40 LBS GO AWAY!!!!!! Sorry, just had to get that out.

I fear that I am sabotaging myself, I have not lost any weight since New Year and I am backsliding into a world of bad foods, grazing, and night eating. I'm petrified to get on my scale and see the truth of real gain, my clothes are more snug than they were 2 months ago, I think. Yesterday I ate 3 (albeit very small) hot dog franks for dinner, 2 before the gym and one after. My total calorie count for the day was 1088, carbs 46, Protein 94. I already know from trial and error that I (unfortunately) only lose proper weight when I am severe low calorie <700 so why do I keep eating?

Since I no longer get "hungry" I have started interpreting empty as hungry so I am now in a very bad routine of eating about every two hours, when my stomach is empty.

I know exactly what I should be doing, like everyone here I have the mantra memorized; Protein first, Water Water, exercise, work your sleeve, blah blah blah, but I am just f***ing eating. I miss losing weight, I miss being on the losers bench, I miss how hopefull and fulfilling it felt to really KNOW it was all working. I haven't felt that way in a year.

GT ~ You are doing ok if you are only eating 1088 calories. NUT has told me that I need to eat 1200 cal to up my weight loss. I'm so afraid that I'll gain weight that I cringe when I get over 900. Then the guilt sets in. Hummm, this is a vicious cycle. There's really no pleasing me. So I am trying to relax about it. I am working more on eating Protein, Protein, protein, low sugar (natural), and working on veggies. I am also focusing more on drinking fluids all day long. This is such a chore for me, but I feel better on a daily basis. Instead of focusing on food and grazing, focus on drinking your Water. Drink more and more and eat on a schedule. I eat in the am, noon, and evening. I sometimes will have a snack and that's fruit. Like yesterday I had a part of a banana. That was completely satisfying. Now I need to work on staying hydrated and exercising. You can do this, you will start losing weight again. Refocus yourself, you can do this. I got your back! ;)

Coops ~ I love that your able to sweat. I have never been a very good sweater. Maybe just a little. But have noticed that when I was dehydrated, I wasn't sweating at all, even when in a heated room that was way toooooo hot for me. I will keep drinking fluids every day, all day long and take in fluids in the night too. This is my war now, on dehydration. I want to start exercising as soon as I feel better too. I will do this, I am woman! LOL ;)

Meggspeggs~You've been stuck at the 8 month post op mark. Have you tried switching things up like eating more then eating less, varying exercise routines? Drinking more Water? This can help alleviate a stall. Keep up the hard work and eat by sleever's rules. Flush your body with a lot of water. You can do this and will my dear. This is called determination. You've got, let's keep going. ;)

Great pep talk Dorrie! I need to get more Water in too... my skin looks a little haggard, and could use a drink!

I'm in with the hydration challenge--I NEVER met my Water goals, and I really don't drink very much at all these days. Thanks, Dorrie, for the change of focus to something so important!! I'm going to work on this for the next few days and see how I roll.

On the up side, I met my short-term goal of getting to -120 pounds by my 1-year surgiversary!! I'm at 186 now (I'm 6'2", remember!--a lot of smaller ladies start out where I'm ending, which is sort of depressing) and in size 12/14, so almost where I want to be (which is a size 10/12). I don't think I'm doing anything particularly interesting at this point in order to keep losing; I'm just living my life and eating what my sleeve allows (and what I prefer now, which seems to be healthier stuff MOST of the time, jelly Beans notwithstanding!).

I'll see how the Water and drinking thing goes... hopefully my skin will get a bit less--well, "old-" looking.

Yep... loving the Water focus too... it is one thing that I haven't 'beaten'! I do make an effort, but I just keep forgetting! When I am in work, I do sip from my water bottle, but at home, well ... I do drink a lot of tea though! Does that count...lol!

After this week, when all the birthday celebrations are finished I think I will join the water challenge! Nice one Dorrie! x

I'm on this same boat. I lost fast for about 7 months. I'm 17 months out and still have 42 lbs to goal. I've slipped into a carb zone and sliders and snacking rather than my 3 small meals a day and liquid Inbetween. I've never done very good with my h2o intake. I need to get back to basics and get off the carbs. Thinking of doing the 5 day pouch text. Have any if u done that??? I know my pouch works I'm not worried about that. I just have to stop and detox from carbs.

I've lost 121 total in the 17 months but should already been to my goal. Makes me ashamed of myself after all the hard work I have done that I've gotten comfortable with where I'm at.

I have just done around 3 days of LilMissDiva's "The Basic Boot Camp Diet: and have lost 3 ounces. I am 6.5 months post op and haven't lost anything for a while. I am working on increasing my Water intake. I am striving for 100 oz per day. The best thing to do is eat Protein, veggies, a a tiny bit of carbs. IT will take about 3 days to not have the cravings from the carbs. It is best that you go through your house and dispose of all the carbs to decrease the temptations. You can do this! You have done really well so far. You just slipped back into past habits. Remember, you don't have much room in your sleeve for too much food, so every thing you put in your mouth much have the highest nutritional balance possible. You Rock! ;)

I'm totally with ya on that need to carb detox, Brandi. I've been contemplating a two week liquid fast like pre-op... I don't know if I really need to go that extreme, but I don't think it would hurt. I just need to get that carb monster outta my head.

Robin, what about LilMissDiva's Basic Bootcamp Diet. It works great for getting off the carb's and then utilize mindful eating habits. ;)

Hey y'all, you know what a crazed carb inhaler I am right prior to my cycle, well now having just finished, I'm suddenly devouring Protein like it's my job which I guess, it is, lol! I'm eating ground beef, tuna, chicken, and not even dressing them up just eating them which is awesome. But also wierd?

And this is off topic but has anybody done Crossfit to help them get to goal and has it worked?

GT ... you gotta run with that Protein craving my lovely... get it in ya!! Good job!

What is crossfit... as you can see, I haven't done it!

Dorrie, how is the Water intake going... have you settled into a pattern now? How are you feeling?

Coops - Crossfit is this fitness craze here in the States that is super crazy difficult and exhausting, but the people who do it swear by it and it becomes almost a lifestyle. The people I've seen who do it religiously have noticeable results, they look very sculpted and muscley like bodybuilders which isn't what I want but I need a shake up of my workout routine since mine isn't yielding any results =/