Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Yey Becca... c'mon in! I notice that you have 10lbs to goal... hey! That's no problem for you... you'll get there soon and we'll be here to Celebrate with you!!

Hey guys, I have been *super* slacker in the last couple of months. I am stuck with about 40 lbs to lose, and I want to lose it this year. I am really happy with the results I've had, and I think the sleeve has done wonders for me, but I need to dig a little deeper and work harder to get to goal. Let's do it in 2012!!!

Gah! I don't know whats up but the last week I've been super craving sweets. Tonight I made a whole bowl of pudding just to eat something sweet. Gawd, this is suppose to be my losing week and it's so not happening. I just need to get down to where I was before but these cravings need to go the F away!

I just want to jump in and wish each of you health, happiness and continued success in 2012. Everyone of us is unique and loses at our own pace. You have all done amazing on your journeys and I am sending prayers and good vibes that you each achieve you personal goal in 2012!

Hugs and love -

Kim

I am soooo with you guys!!!! ive been on a mad stall the past few months and ive fought for every lb that ive lost. Ive been jealous about people losing so much and the weight just melting off. But its all good. I know we will all get to goal eventually and just need to continue to support one another. So please count me in! :) Good luck everyone!!

I'm with you on this! Just 15 pounds to goal for me, and I know it's going to come off more slowly now. I need to kick the Snacks out of my eating plan before they start to derail me, and get back to working on healthy habits.

Ok day today... felt hungry in work but sipped on Water to get rid of it! Good on carbs, Protein and cals today and I went to my boxing gym! No change on the scales yet but I am feeling good... *chants to herself, you must stay positive; you must stay positive: repeat as nec!*

How's everyone else doing...?

Hey there, everyone! For some reason, I can no longer get emails when people update :-(. I guess I'll just have to try to check often! I am working on a few things right now. 1) Back to basics: upping Protein, cutting out sweets, and making sure I do more of my own cooking. I am also really working on my fitness. On New Year's day I ran 4 miles, woot! My plan is to get into the following schedule:

RUNNING 2 X PER WEEK

KICKBOX 2 X PER WEEK

STRENGTH TRAIN 2-3 X PER WEEK, and hopefully getting stronger in each area as each week progresses. I have to say, I am really sore from my new year's day run.... but I am happy that I got started. Tomorrow, I am trying a strength training class, and Thursday, I'll start my kickboxing class.

Wish me luck!

p.s. Coops, good on ya for going to your boxing gym, and doing well on your carbs and protein! STAY POSITIVE (and i will too :-))))

Ok day today... felt hungry in work but sipped on Water to get rid of it! Good on carbs, Protein and cals today and I went to my boxing gym! No change on the scales yet but I am feeling good... *chants to herself, you must stay positive; you must stay positive: repeat as nec!* How's everyone else doing...?

I'm very impressed re: the boxing that you do -- that sounds very challenging to me. I'm lucky to do 30 mins in a row on the elliptical. :D

I've been good -- walking to and from work, going to the gym, etc. Aside from The Cookie Incident on Monday night, things have gone quite well, touch wood. So here's me drinking Water in great quantities and eating properly...and even exercising...

Yesterday went well, I didn't snack between lunch and dinner, which is my weak time. I need to spend some time on the weekends cooking up some meals, especially for lunches. I'm bored with the things I've been eating, and my go-to lunch when I haven't planned ahead isn't dense enough to keep me satisfied until dinner.

I'm very impressed re: the boxing that you do -- that sounds very challenging to me. I'm lucky to do 30 mins in a row on the elliptical. :D I've been good -- walking to and from work, going to the gym, etc. Aside from The Cookie Incident on Monday night, things have gone quite well, touch wood. So here's me drinking Water in great quantities and eating properly...and even exercising...

Hey swizzly,

yea, the boxing gym is challenging, but worth it. I have been going since March and I really feel the benefits. it is hard, and I work my butt off... some floor/sit up exercises I have to moderate cos of my back... but on the whole I keep up with the best of them. What I like about it is the fact that there is fitness, core and strength training in the whole session. We basically do the same work out as the men, those who go for fitness and to fight, only we do less reps. It is also a great way of getting rid of any frustrations - of which I have many...lol - as I get to hit the crap out of the bag and mitts...lol

I also go to the gym in work, where I use the treadmill. I am thinking about joining a running club, if I can get the courage, and find one that operates on the alternate days to my boxing. I really enjoy my exercise now, and when I can't do it, for whatever reason, it really effects my mood.

Today has been a good day re food... low carbs, high Protein and just under 900 cals... the xmas weight has come off now... just got to see the lower end of my 'bounce weight' .... then to get below 164lb! With the really low carb, I was hoping to see a little more movement...perhaps I am being impatient... yea, ok, I know I am being impatient!

One thing that I have noticed is that I am getting headaches... now, this is probably hormone related with a little bit of low carb thing included... gotta push through this!

I've been give HRT Patches to try again too... and put my first one on tonight, so this will be an interesting couple of week... let's hope that they won't affect my weight or moods too much... lol

Glad to see you all adding your days, experiences to this thread... it really does help me to see others out there in the same boat. I still love reading success stories and when efforts are rewarded with either weight loss or NSV!

Keep up the good work my sleeve friends...

Hi Coops! I'm so there with you, I had taken Nov and Dec off and didn't do too much damage. But now in the new year, I am definately going to get exercise back in. . . the gym it is! UGH. . . I was a body builder many years ago and was glued to the gym daily for 4 hours every day! Needless to say I really don't like the gym now. . . but I know I need to get back to exercise and I won't do it by myself. SOOOOO on Tuesday, January 3rd I went back and started. I'm really sore, but I did it, and today and tomorrow I will go as well. I will continue this Tues, Thurs, and Fri routine for this year. Hopefully I can stick to it and maybe lose a bit more or tone up. . . one or the other! Good luck to you as well as we battle our demons!

Hey Thin ... good for you getting in the gym again! I know you hate it but just think of the benefits!!! It'll be routine in no time. I find the journey there and the thought of it worse that the training!

I have yet to see the scale move in any significant way... but I don't feel too bad about it atm! Did 'ok' today, carbs a little higher, but that's ok... not gonna beat myself up about it for sure. Oh and the cals were a tad over 1000 but I did go to the boxing gym tonight so it is ying and yang there...On the topic of the boxing gym, in the last circuit I came first!! We do a timed circuit that the fighters do (they do it 5 times and aim for 3 mins 10sec per circuit) I did it in under 3 1/2 mins and came first. Did I mention that I came first... out of 8 fit women!! Oh and three of them are size UK8-10!!! Yey me!

It has taken this for me to realise just how far I have come... this time last year, if you had said that I would be going boxing I would have laughed in your face and called you a tease... now.... well, here I am!!

Hope everyone else is doing well... =]