Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Does The Non Stop Burping Stop

i was sleeved dec 20th & i burp CONSTANTLY! its not painful but its friggin annoying! when does it stop? i take prilosec every morning & i take gas x strips as needed.

help!

I had mine 11/28/11, still have it also. Alittle less than the beginning. My husband had the bypass awhile ago, he says it is because we take in air when we sip.

I am with you it is annoying. I hope it gets better too.

Laura

goodness gracious... over a month? :(

i think i burp now more than i did then. its really aggravating.

I had mine 11/28/11, still have it also. Alittle less than the beginning. My husband had the bypass awhile ago, he says it is because we take in air when we sip.

I am with you it is annoying. I hope it gets better too.

Laura

My husband had the bypass awhile ago, he says it is because we take in air when we sip.

My surgeon suggested I place liquids at the back of my throat and then swallow. However we later discovered it was my CPAP machine filling me air, not that I was taking in air, but rather displacing it. I no longer burp a lot. Hopefully this helps.

i dont use a cpap machine so i dont get whats making me burp so much. its honestly embarrassing. i dont like to go out with friends because im burping like a man the entire time non stop!

when will it stop :(

My surgeon suggested I place liquids at the back of my throat and then swallow. However we later discovered it was my CPAP machine filling me air, not that I was taking in air, but rather displacing it. I no longer burp a lot. Hopefully this helps.

I do not use a CPAP either. So hopefully time will help. I know my husband did this alot when he had his surgery, but it got better with time. It is embarassaing sometimes. It comes from nowhere!!!

Lets just hope it gets better.

Laura

it really does come out of no where. people look at me like im nasty! its so unlady like. :(

I do not use a CPAP either. So hopefully time will help. I know my husband did this alot when he had his surgery, but it got better with time. It is embarassaing sometimes. It comes from nowhere!!!

Lets just hope it gets better.

Laura

I'm six months out, and I still burp a lot more than I used to. I find it often happens because I'm eating or drinking too fast, but that may just be me...

6 months? omg!!!!! :'(

I'm six months out, and I still burp a lot more than I used to. I find it often happens because I'm eating or drinking too fast, but that may just be me...

I burped after every sip for about the first month, then things got better. However, I still burp more frequently post-sleeve than I did before. There's just no room for air in the sleeve and I'd rather it came up than go down, if you know what I mean...

ughhh! :(

I burped after every sip for about the first month, then things got better. However, I still burp more frequently post-sleeve than I did before. There's just no room for air in the sleeve and I'd rather it came up than go down, if you know what I mean...

I don't burp as much any more, but my stomach gurgles all the time and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. You know what...I DON'T CARE!!! Everyone I work with knows I have had this surgery; they are amazed at my progress and very supportive. There is no one in the world who doesn't make some kind of noise at some time...Donald Trump, Bill Gates, and, yes, even Barack Obama. That said, we just have to do the best we can. Last Friday, I had to have a new toilet installed. My 3 y/o great-grandson was at my house and he was so curious about the job. We were standing back watching the plumber do his thing, and my stomach audibly rumbled. Malachi looked up and said "GK, you farted." I explained that it was just my tummy growling and we all had a good laugh.

Would I trade my sleeve for less ambient noise...not in a million years. I'm 100 pounds lighter than my top weight, and I would wear a gas bag if I had to. Don't worry, be happy...Kathe

idc about thestomach rumbling but the burping is getting out of hand!!!

I don't burp as much any more, but my stomach gurgles all the time and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. You know what...I DON'T CARE!!! Everyone I work with knows I have had this surgery; they are amazed at my progress and very supportive. There is no one in the world who doesn't make some kind of noise at some time...Donald Trump, Bill Gates, and, yes, even Barack Obama. That said, we just have to do the best we can. Last Friday, I had to have a new toilet installed. My 3 y/o great-grandson was at my house and he was so curious about the job. We were standing back watching the plumber do his thing, and my stomach audibly rumbled. Malachi looked up and said "GK, you farted." I explained that it was just my tummy growling and we all had a good laugh.

Would I trade my sleeve for less ambient noise...not in a million years. I'm 100 pounds lighter than my top weight, and I would wear a gas bag if I had to. Don't worry, be happy...Kathe

LOL! Had to agree on this one!

I don't burp as much any more, but my stomach gurgles all the time and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. You know what...I DON'T CARE!!! Everyone I work with knows I have had this surgery; they are amazed at my progress and very supportive. There is no one in the world who doesn't make some kind of noise at some time...Donald Trump, Bill Gates, and, yes, even Barack Obama. That said, we just have to do the best we can. Last Friday, I had to have a new toilet installed. My 3 y/o great-grandson was at my house and he was so curious about the job. We were standing back watching the plumber do his thing, and my stomach audibly rumbled. Malachi looked up and said "GK, you farted." I explained that it was just my tummy growling and we all had a good laugh. Would I trade my sleeve for less ambient noise...not in a million years. I'm 100 pounds lighter than my top weight, and I would wear a gas bag if I had to. Don't worry, be happy...Kathe

I agree! I already have issues like this, the stomach rumbling that sounds like farts. And let me tell ya, that is more embarrasing than burping lol. Having ppl look at ya like you past gas from the southern region. But I get what you mean. Having to go from almost no burping to uncontrollable burping does seem like a pain in the butt, but as you lose the weight and the burping get better, this will seem completely worth it. Or so I can imagine. :) I too, would rather have an increase in my burping than have all this weight. I doubt that those that actually matter to you will care that you are burping. Especially if you are a hottie while doing it! lol Hope it gets better for you soon. :) Hakuna Matata

its not only the embarrassing factor of it. its myself too. i feel like i cant lay down cuz i wont stop burping. its just really agitating to me! then its like i have to stay hydrated so i have to "sip" but the more i sip, the more i burp & the more i burp, the more i get annoyed! its just so frustrating. i mean, of course i want to lose weight but it makes me resent surgery.

LOL! Had to agree on this one!

I agree! I already have issues like this, the stomach rumbling that sounds like farts. And let me tell ya, that is more embarrasing than burping lol. Having ppl look at ya like you past gas from the southern region. But I get what you mean. Having to go from almost no burping to uncontrollable burping does seem like a pain in the butt, but as you lose the weight and the burping get better, this will seem completely worth it. Or so I can imagine. :) I too, would rather have an increase in my burping than have all this weight. I doubt that those that actually matter to you will care that you are burping. Especially if you are a hottie while doing it! lol Hope it gets better for you soon. :) Hakuna Matata