Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! My name is Christina, I'm 38 and I'm from the metro Detroit area.

Hi Christina!

I'm in Warren. Going thru Royal Oak Beaumont/Dr. Krause. :)

I'm in St. Clair Shores, going through Dr. Sabir at St. John. Two of my friends are going through Dr. Krause next month!

I am 100 lbs lighter than I was pre op 15 months ago. I weigh less than I did when I was 20.....I'm now 57. I wear a size 32w, a small or medium shirt. I used to wear 44w and extra larges. I have more energy, more positive thoughts and am no longer a slave to food. Iam able to eat most foods but not too much of any one thing. This is who I am now! Thank god for my family practice doc and his referral to my weight loss doc Paul Enoch. My diabetes is gone and I am healthy once again......this is who I am!

I am 100 lbs lighter than I was pre op 15 months ago. I weigh less than I did when I was 20.....I'm now 57. I wear a size 32w, a small or medium shirt. I used to wear 44w and extra larges. I have more energy, more positive thoughts and am no longer a slave to food. Iam able to eat most foods but not too much of any one thing. This is who I am now! Thank god for my family practice doc and his referral to my weight loss doc Paul Enoch. My diabetes is gone and I am healthy once again......this is who I am!

Way to go

Hi, I'm Megan. I'm from New Brunswick, Canada. I'm 37, and have a fiancee (we've been together 10 years, celebrated 10 this past January!) and a 13 year old daughter. I went to college to become a Youth Care Worker, but as luck would have it most of the programs have closed in my area. I currently find myself working as a grocery store cashier, and I can honestly say I've NEVER had a job as interesting as this one is. Some of the customers are completely wonderful, and others are completely horrid, no two days are ever alike.

I enjoy making my own jewelry, reading, and am a tenor drummer in our local pipe band. My group is currently playing at a Grade 4 level, and our society's 90th anniversary is coming up in 2017, which the band will Celebrate with a trip to the World Championships in Glasgow, Scotland! I am very much looking forward to this. I have rediscovered my love of travel. I took my daughter to Florida and Disney World in winter 2014, and in fall of 2014 I spent a month in Thailand with my mother. What an amazing experience that was! It was honestly a once in a lifetime trip, and I am SO glad that I didn't let my size stop me from going on either trip. After Scotland I think my fiancee and I will be planning to go visit England, and Iceland. I can't wait until I am smaller, and more comfortable while traveling.

That's about it, me in a nutshell. I love my family, friends, and my two cats :)

Edited by Megall9

I'm Yazan 37 years old i like kendo, fishing and scale modeling

i'm a corporate investment manager which means i get to travel a lot

I am 36. Hw 245. Current 212. Surgery date TODAY. Im nervous and scared, but I'm excited to start this voyage. 2 kids 17 and 10. And I am currently separated. I guess that's it about me.

I am 36. Hw 245. Current 212. Surgery date TODAY. Im nervous and scared, but I'm excited to start this voyage. 2 kids 17 and 10. And I am currently separated. I guess that's it about me.

Hey all!

My name is Liza, I'm 27 years old. I've been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years now. We have two beautiful children, our daughter is 3 & our son is 1. I have always been big (11 lb baby here ????????) and have always been uncomfortable with my weight. I decided to get sleeved because after the birth of my son I felt like I was losing complete control of my body. I kept gaining weight and started to feel little hopeless. So I decided to take my life back not only for myself but for my family too. I deserve the best of me & so do they!

I am 46, I am a wife (19 years) - to a man who married me when I had 5 littles in my home, mother of 7 (we had two together) and one extra that we call our own - grandma to 1 sweet boy - I like to play the flute, but haven't in an age, want to learn piano, I like to quilt and sew - I love to cook and garden. I love to hike. I am a very good adminstrative staff person.

I love to laugh, I love Jane Austen movies - home is where my heart is. and I am crazy in love with Jesus. <3

Had my identity stolen and still cleaning up that nightmare, and, I've already seen enough trolls here and on gastricsleeve.com that I like my anonymity, but...this thread is spot on. So, I'll vaguely participate with what I am comfortable.

I am in my mid 40s, married and have three children aged 21 - 13. Professionally I work full time as a tenured professor and I have side work related to my credentials, weekly, and a lot of work in summers when I am "off". (everyone in academia knows you are never really off LOL)

I love to read, watch good TV and movies. Some of my TV obsessions are Orphan Black, Mr Robot and Walking Dead. When my body allows, I love hiking and biking. In the summers, the hubs and I take in as many concerts as we can (that appeal to us). Ummm....We always have dogs. I went through a stint of scrapbooking and hope to return to that at some point. Because work forces me to sit so much, I have tried to eliminate sitting hobbies for now.

I was born in New England then moved to the southwest as an infant. Family moved back here when I was still elementary school aged and I am an New Englander true and true. I would love to see the Grand Canyon again as an adult.

I've recently committed to better self-care so now I 'indulge' in weekly yoga and a bi-weekly massage. It really makes a difference when you put yourself on the list!

When I am an empty nester, I hope to travel the world with the hubs.

Hi everyone!

My name is Jessica (despite my username, story for another time).

I am 25 years old, married for 3 years. We have a 2 year old daughter who is just the light of my life.

Currently at my all-time high weight of a shocking 317. Just beginning the Sleeve process and anxiously awaiting the day I can put my very own weight-loss ticker in my signature!

I am a voracious reader. I plow through anywhere from 10-15 full novels every month and I have several books/series that I re-read every year. Reading is by far my favorite indoor past-time. I also love adult coloring books. I am not sure why but there is something very calming and therapeutic about it.

I also am an avid gardener. The soil is a nasty clay where I live now, so I garden in big pots. This year I have 4 varieties of heirloom tomatoes, various squash, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, lettuce, potatoes, and various herbs. They are all growing beautifully and I am a happy girl!

I enjoy swimming, running (before I destroyed my knees), and cooking. I don't like to toot my own horn, but my husband will tell you I am an incredible cook. :D

I am currently a call center supervisor for a major financial institution. My department helps customer's get home equity loans. Definitely not my dream job, but it pays the bills. I hope to someday go back to school and get my degree in animal medicine. I also have self employment aspirations. I am currently in the patent process for home-made shampoos, conditioners, soaps etc. I can't share my recipe's but if you would like a free sample just send me a message!

I am a big dog person, but ironically all I have is a cat (whom I suspect is part demon) and several fish. Hubby doesn't want dogs :( I used to have a flock of over 100 chickens. Believe it or not I could tell them all apart and they all had their own names. Fun fact: farm fresh chicken and eggs taste NOTHING like what you buy from the store. Nothing. If you haven't ever had it, you haven't lived.

I like to doll myself up (not so much since I have gotten so ... we'll call it jolly, yeah jolly), but I am still not afraid to get dirty. I love camping, fishing, hunting, and just being outdoors. I have no qualms about gutting fish, slaughtering livestock (sorry vegans, they lived happy lives I promise), and getting mud under my nails.

I decided to sleeve myself after exhausting every other option available to me. I have struggled all my life with weight. Over the years I have tried just about everything weight loss trick there is, from Slim Fast, to Weight Watchers, to Keto diets, to calorie restriction, to various pills of questionable safety, not to mention gym memberships, and other special weight loss exercise programs. Sometimes I'd lose a little, sometimes I would lose a lot, but in the end I gained it all back and then some.

I have had mixed reactions from my loved ones. Most are concerned that I am so young, and the ones who have never struggled with weight seem to believe that I just haven't ever tried hard enough. There is definitely a stigma out there that says that this is the easy way out. But truthfully, if my research is any indication, this is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done. Not an easy way out at all.

I am currently in the beginning stages, and looking at a surgery in August some time. Looking forward to a happier healthier me!

Hey all, I'm Josie. ???? I'm 45 years old and married for 3 years to the boy I dated when I was 14! I have 2 amazing young men (23 & 21) who call me mom!

I have been thick most of my life. And like all of you, I have tried EVERY diet on the planet!

In 2014 I got lap band. Since that day I felt as though there was an alien in my body. I truly thought I was crazy. I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I ate what and how I was suppose to and worked out 5 days a week with no results? I lost a total of 35 pounds with the band before the pain started. After an Upper GI, the reason for the pain was revealed. Band slipped ????.

My Dr emptied the band and I immediately gained 15 pounds.

I am now in the process for band to sleeve revision. Hoping for late July. And praying for good results and a healthier me. Then a total knee replacement in November. Anyway, thanks for sharing your stories. They serve as inspiration and confirmation that we are not alone and we can achieve the goals we set for ourselves. Be blessed ????

Sent from my SM-T350 using the BariatricPal App

Edited by josiek1988

Hello,

This is a great thread! My name is Sammy, I am 28 years old. I am in Law Enforcement and I am in a relationship with a Firefighter. :lol: How did that happen? Anyway, I haven't had surgery and I am still in the contemplation stage. I am the middle child out of 3 girls. I have 4 nephews. I am really, really big into charity work and it ultimately led me to meet my boyfriend. I was volunteering for disaster relief after the Memorial Day floods in Central, Tx. I was traveling with a nearby Fire Dept. Agency and we ended up staying at a Fire Dept near the affected area. I was not even there for love or to meet anyone. I just wanted to help. Then walks in this beautiful blue eyed, dirty blonde, 6'4'' FIRE FIGHTER amongst all these older men. I didn't notice him on the way in until I went in, changed and came back out. I was thinking "Where did beautiful, gorgeous MAN come from?" LOL...and I kid you not....It didn't take us long at all to fall in love.

I like to garden. Currently growing Broccoli, greens, Jalapeños, Bell peppers, Tomatoes, Brussel Sprouts and Eggplant! I love the outdoors. Not so much since I've gained weight though.

I haven't always been bigger. Matter of fact, As of March 2015 I was still fitting in an 8/10. I have hypothyroidism and and mostly it was control by medications and keeping my weight in check. I was in shape and always on the go. In April of 2015 I developed severe acid reflux and was unable to take any medications. Water was not even going down. This was bad considering I take medications of Obsessive Compulsive Disorders, as well as, Hypothyroidism. So, I battled yo yo weight for awhile because I could eat, then not eat, eat, then not eat. Eventually, I got my acid reflux in check and could eat again...and boy DID I!? LMAO, I ate. I ate and ATE! I think being in love made me chunky too! LMAO

I love to read, do DY projects and mostly spend time with my handsome man.

....and I have very little patience.

Hey there... my name is Tanya, I'm married 43 yr old w 2 sons Tyler 24 and Taylor 21... work as a nurse at VA med center for 25 yrs, I love my vets ... love traveling, swimming ,cooking and just relaxing... 3 yrs ago had a heart attack with open heart surgery, IKR???... so I have a zipper which most ppl think I been "branded" on my chest...lol, that event along w/other obesity hlth probs lead me to VSG... dos 5/18... learned about this site from reading big book about VSG by alec brecher the founded of this site...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App