Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, my name is Nikki. I'm 39 yrs old and I'm from Mississippi. I have 4 children ages 22,15,14,and 13. I'm recently divorced and very happy. I'm a massage therapist that works for a chiropractor for the past 9 years. I've been overweight probably for the past 4 years. I started to seriously gain weight when my oldest son fell ill with complications from sickle cell disease. I had to stop working out and give him all of my attention and support. Emotional eating played a big role in my weight gain too!

I've researched WLS for the past year and just decided that enough is enough in this weight gain/loss roller coaster. My surgery is set for October 21, 2014 and I'm very excited and nervous all at the same time. I can't wait to be happy with my self image again!

Hello ~

Victoria from California & Michigan. I divide my time between both states.

I never had a weight problem until my work injuries in 2007. Both my knees & Achilles' tendon were severely injured. And being Worker's Compensation I had no surgeries (as needed) for injuries until 2009, & 2011. In the mean time I gained 75 pounds. No work and no activities I could do.

I'm scheduled for sleeve in Oct. 2014. I'm excited to start to feel my life is going to have me in control again.

I realize this is a tool & not a fix. It is a lifetime change that look forward to with a positive outlook. I keep positive by attending support meetings, research, and knowing my life span will increase.

I have goals too. I have two daughters being married within 4 weeks apart in Sept. & Oct. of 2015.

And yes I want to dance..........

Edited by viktoryalynne

Danielle, I love your initiative. My name is Brendaliz, I'm from Puerto Rico. 30 years, married, mother of 1 daughter, she turns 3 this month.

Who am I? Still looking for that answer.

Greetings from the Caribbean. :D

I am Carmen, 60yrs old and became a widow 2 yrs ago. I have struggled with weight my entire life. I am now at my very highest. Had my first doctor visit today with my PCP. We are starting all the pre op testing. Hope to have the surgery before the end of the year. I have reached a point in my life that I am limited in all my activities. My knees hurt, I don't fit in some chairs due to big booty. I am ashamed to go out in public and so my life is limited. I have diabetes, but I am pretty sure that it will resolve once weight comes off. I don't want to be a model, just healthy and able to play with my grandchildren.

Hi! I'm 54 years old, female, 5'10" and I currently weigh 247. I have struggled with my weight since my 30's after kids, but I've always been on some kind of diet. Since my 30s I have been a yo yo dieter. It used to be easy to drop 20 lbs and then I'd be happy, only to regain the 20 and add 10 more. I hit 200 once I turned 40, and that has been my lowest weight for more than a decade.

My surgery is Monday, 9/22, at 9:30AM. It is surreal at this moment. I have a slightly stuffy nose so I sure hope that doesn't change anything! I've been doing so so on the pre op diet, but my cheats have been small but not part of the plan. I'm to have 3 Protein shakes, 2 Protein Bars and unlimited veggies. I had a cup of lentils, some almonds, peanuts and cheese over the course of two weeks, which I have felt tremendous guilt about. Almost as though I failed some kind of test. I have lost 12 pounds with two days to go. It makes me wonder if this is an indicator of failing the RNY lifestyle. ???? I think I'm feeling a little down today. Thanks for listening!

Hi everyone,I'm Denise.mom to 3 kids (24,22,19)& 2 grandbabies. I'm happily married (24 years)to my high school. Sweet heart.

I have battled weight issues my whole life and finally made the decision to have wls. I'm in the beginning stages,meet with my surgeon on Thursday 09-25-14. I'm very excited

Good morning ~

I'm Crystal, and I live in the valley in California. I've been going through the process for weight loss surgery.

My weight is something I've dealt with all of my life; I'm hoping the sleeve will help me tremendously to lose 130 pounds.

My story may seem a bit extreme considering my weight and height. I am 5'7" and starting weight was 227 lbs. My decision to have gastric sleeve surgery was done with careful consideration by multiple Doctor's. I suffered from acid reflux and nasal allergies since childhood. I had a severe bout with allergies that literally kept me in bed for 13 months. During those 13 months, I gained 60lbs. I have a strong family history of heart disease and I had several core morbidities (hiatal hernia, pre-hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea, GERD, plantar fasciitis and high lipid profiles). After 10 days post-op, my Doctors have taken away BP medication, the gastric reflux has gone away, my lipid profiles are coming down and foot pain has subsided. I was allowed to return to the gym with a reminder from my Doctors saying "listen to your body". I walk and jog intermittently 40 minutes a day. 20 days post op, I was allowed to weight train an additional hour, but can't seem to get my strength back. There is no way to get the daily requirements of 60-80 grams of Protein. I am also having trouble getting the 65 oz of Water. Doctor says this is normal. Getting rid of the acid reflux and all my medications have been such a blessing. God Bless all. Feel free to ask any questions.

Hi, My name is Linda, I am a young 65 year old, been over weight most of my life ,and at my highest now of 231. I have decided to have the sleeve after two years of research and educating myself of wls. I found my surgeon, interviewed with him and have gone through all the required tests, being that I am on Medicare with a BlueCross Blue Shield advantage plan I am only required to meet with my primary care physician 4 months , have two left and hoping to have surgery in late Nov., I have type two diabetes and on insulin,, I am nervous the last few days that I won't get approved, I have waited for this surgery for years and I'm so ready. I am very fortunate to have Duke Primary Doctors, and Duke Surgeon who I have total trust in. Why should I be so nervous about not being approved? post-235488-1411774322529_thumb.jpg

Hi I'm Jamey. 45 yro mother of two daughters 24 and 21. I'd say my weight issues started in college. My freshman 15 was 30. I married young and it was an abusive relationship, I lost some weight remarried and became a widow at 29. Goodbye normal body forever!! I'm now married to the love of my life and my girls are both going to be married in the next year or two. My highest weight was 325 (hysterectomy and hypo thyroid helped NOT) but by the day of my surgery which was just Tuesday 9/23 I was down to 289. My goal now is 165 but I'll maybe change that when I get to that point. Nice to meet you all.

Hi everyone My name is Waneta. I got a new phone over the weekend and was looking for an app to help me with tracking my food since. I'm having my surgery on September 23rd. I'm a 35 year old mother and wife of 4 children. My children are older and I really got to the point I'm not happy with the size I am. I don't like taking full body pictures only my face since it's not as round and big as my body. I went today for my pre op appointments and I can't wait to start this journey.

hi i hope your surgery was a success welcome to the loser world. Its a great thing

Hi my name is Janet im 46 yrs old from New York I have three adult children and 4 wonderful grandchild. I was never married but was in the same relationship for many years. Im truly a family person and surround myself with my family all the time. My reason for seeking the sleeve is simple I remember as a teenager the struggle my mother went through with her health starting around the age of 50. Yes a eye opener for me because I started having the same issues she had prior to her having problems with her heart then diabetes hypertension two strokes an amputee gylcoma which left her blind in one eye. And now kidney disease and yes she is she living strong. I thank the lord everyday as she lives under my care. So when i couldn't walk up one flight of 8 stairs without complications I knew it was time for a change. My Hw was 278 and im 5 ft 8 my i have lost a total of 31lbs as of today and I feel great. I have no regrets except 1 and that is i wish i had know of this sooner. Love laugh and live

Hi my name is Janet im 46 yrs old from New York I have three adult children and 4 wonderful grandchild. I was never married but was in the same relationship for many years. Im truly a family person and surround myself with my family all the time. My reason for seeking the sleeve is simple I remember as a teenager the struggle my mother went through with her health starting around the age of 50. Yes a eye opener for me because I started having the same issues she had prior to her having problems with her heart then diabetes hypertension two strokes an amputee gylcoma which left her blind in one eye. And now kidney disease and yes she is she living strong. I thank the lord everyday as she lives under my care. So when i couldn't walk up one flight of 8 stairs without complications I knew it was time for a change. My Hw was 278 and im 5 ft 8 my i have lost a total of 31lbs as of today and I feel great. I have no regrets except 1 and that is i wish i had know of this sooner. Love laugh and live

Congrats on the weight loss so far. I can't wait! !

Hello everyone, My name is Dominique, I'm 29 years old and I'm from New York. I don't have any kids yet, I work as a banker and go to school for digital media. I have my own little business on the side, one of my besties and I do event planning on the side. I design party invitations and flyers and party favors and baby shower gifts and we decorate events. I have always struggled with my weight, I don't ever remember being small. I finally said enough is enough and start my journey last September. Last month I got submitted for the the lap band, but after reading and researching more I decided to go with the sleeve but never told the hospital about my change and got scheduled for surgery sept 30th, so had to call UHC to retract the submission. So I go back Oct 7th to meet with the surgeon to talk about and finalize the new Procedure. My goal and focus is "sexy at thirty". I got 9 months and I'm going to do it :)