Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello My name is Dee and I am scheduled for surgery on the 4th of December and have been through this journey before :(. I had lap band surgery in May of 2008 and lost 75 lbs and had a Tummy Tuck and then the dreaded happened and I found out I had cancer and there went my tummy tuck and the weight loss :(. I had to have all of the Fluid removed from my band due to my chemo and radiation and somehow the band stopped working due to the radiation. So needless to say I am sooo ready to get the sleeve done in a few weeks and feel normal again lol. I just turned 40 years old this year and am happily married (2 1/2 years) and have a 15 year old daughter and 11 year old son. I just graduated from college with a bachlors degree in teaching. I hope to gain a lot of insight and helpful information from everyone here.

What a great idea. I am married to a wonderful man, Jeff. We have been married for 22 years. We have two wonderful daughters, a son-in-law (who is a chef) and the cutest grandson ever! I am a teacher and have been teaching for 21 years. We live in the beautiful state of Colorado and I can't wait to get on a bike and enjoy the beautiful scenery in my own "back yard". I didn't begin struggling with weight until a series of surgeries and I guess a lack of motivation. Just 3 years ago I had a benign meningioma (brain tumor) removed successfully. Each year I have to go back and get an MRI (YUCK!). Well after the brain surgery, I just decided I was going to live life, and in my view that meant eating whatever I wanted and succumbing to my penchant for margaritas!

I am looking forward to traveling to the world, especially the beaches of the world. I love to read, watch my youngest daughter play NCAA softball, travel, and DIY projects around the house.

Ok, here we go. I'm new to this site but so far, grateful for finding it. I'm 52 yrs old. I have three grown sons, 29,30 & 34. Two are married and I have one absolutely awesome 4yr old grandson. They are all a big part of my reason for doing this along with my dh of 35 yrs who is my constant in life. My doctor has mentioned WLS to me for the last few yrs but unfortunately, my insurance wouldn't cover it until 2011. I was a big kid, not fat but big, strong and very much the tomboy. Gained some weight when I broke my leg in 4th grade but that weight found it's place in a good way in my early teens. (when I say I was a big kid, I was born at 12lbs 1oz. I was not late nor did my mother have a C-section, bless her soul) I had gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy but not with the following 2 as we monitored the pregnancies closely. I did not meet up with diabetes again until my late 30's when I gained about 80lbs after quiting smoking. Tried every diet out there. There worked while I did them, but as soon as I stopped the weight would find it's way back, enter cigarettes, yes, stupid me started smoking again. I did not lose the weight so now I was fat and smoking. I quit for good 11 yrs ago. No cravings, no problem. The problem continued to be my weight. Hovered at 250ish for yrs, then 275 then 290. Enter Type II, and with a vengence. Denial all the way. Tried soooo many diets: LA weight loss, nutri-system, jenny, WW, cabbage diet, fasts, clinics. $$$$$ down the drain and guilt, guilt guilt. for the waste of resources. I started the WLS process last DEC 2011. Had an angiagram as they thought I had a block. Not a full blockage so ok to proceed. Then I chickened out. Continued to struggle and finally commited to having the surgery 11/14/12. It's a little rough but not as bad as I thought. I'm sure the real challenges are yet to come. I am a mortgage underwriter in NYC and train commute. I think this will all be doable. Look forward running and being active again and racing my grandson up and down hills which for now I can only do three small hills and he wants to keep going. I want to retrain myself to have better eating habits. To not be ashamed for eating bad and to let a treat be a treat. Sorry for babbling on and on. I guess I needed the release more then I thought. Look forward to getting to know everyone and seeing the successes I'm sure you will have.

Thanks, Donna

Ok, I haven't been on here for a while. Last time I stated anything I was losing weight at a normal pace. Well I was sleeved on July 3, 2012 and at that time I weighted 246lbs and now my current weight is 169lbs. I'm loving the new me, this was the best thing I could do for myself. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Remember Protein first.

Wow, what a success. I only pray it works for me. I just have so many doubts. What you've accomplished is amazing. Congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

Hi, I'm 57 and live in northern MI. I have had weight problems since I was very young and have struggled all my life with losing. My BMI is over 50. I have no health problems yet, and want to keep it that way. My surgery will be in Petoskey, MI and will be in Jan. 2013

Sounds like a good time to go for it, before you have health problems. Unfortunately I have several issues but I'm hoping this will help reverse some them. Good luck and keep in touch.

My name is Jereatha (pronounced Ja Ray The) i'm 26 and I am from Columbus, OH (born and raised).I am the oldest of 6 siblings and I am single with no kids. I am the overachiever...I go to school, work, and everything in between. I love people and I love to have fun. In my free time, I love to shop and catch up on sleep (that's my favorite). I too like many other women on this site suffer from PCOS. I hope that this sugery will one day help me create my family on my own ( with out medicaiton and etc).

I am 46 years old and a nurse in a Boston hospital. I have a 22 year old son who has not been the easiest to raise (too long to go into). He did give me my beautiful granddaughter, Gabriella, who means the world to me. I love to cook and have loved it since I was a child. I am known as the gourmet cook and local sommelier in my friend and family circle. I love to travel, especially to the islands. Looking forward to Europe next year. I have a greyhound, Lola who is six and an 18 year old cat, Bows. I have an amazing boyfriend, Carlos of six years. He is originally from Peru, and has been here since his teens. I have traveled to Peru with him and actually went to Machu Picchu--amazing!. He is ten years my junior. My weight does not define me, but it does hinder me. Tomorrow starts today.

I am 38. I have been married to my best friend for 13 years, have 3 daughters (11,9,6) and live on a small ranch in rural Texas. I am a teacher, writer, and love to read. I have a brother that's 18 months younger than me that has both Down's Syndrome and Autism, and we are very close - he is in my home daily. I live near my parents (my brother lives with them) and have pet fish, a snake, a rat, 3 dogs, 3 cats, chickens and cattle.

I have always seen myself as "athletic" - and the outside of me is starting to catch up to the mental image I have! I love camping, hiking, and anything with Water. I have been to the Bahamas twice - and can't wait to go back! I love the beach and the Frio River. I love to fish - fresh or salt water. I love to cook - especially the game my husband brings home. I would love to completely live of the land....

I am loud, opinionated, and extremely loyal.

I have always viewed myself as more than my weight - and even after just 5 moths post surgery, do not define myself by that number on the scale.< /p>

I LOVE the NSVs associated with my healtheir self though....and have a bucket list of sorts I am checking off....

Next Saturday - I am back on a horse.... :)

I really should have found this thread sooner being I've been on this site for a year now! I had VSG 2/3/12 and I'm UNDER goal now, in a normal BMI range. Very happy with that! Doing well with the sleeved life.

I am a 36 year old mom of 2 sweet girls. One is close to graduating high school and is a total tomboy and artist. She is a sweetheart with such a loving spirit. She cracks me up. My youngest is a princess diva girly girl who swears she is a tomboy too. She does love sports and having fun. My husband is the best man I've ever met and I love him dearly. 11 years together on the 22nd of this month and I'm so happy to have him. He has raised my oldest as if she were his and he loves her the same as if she were and I love him even MORE just because of that.

I found out I had diabetes last year right before the sleeve. My biological mom died of diabetes at age 54 just a few months after I had the sleeve surgery. I really feel like this surgery have saved my life. My diabetes is in remission now and I hope to live a lot longer than 54.

I am back in college and almost done! I decided to go back in 2010 and get my bachelor's. I had 2 years worth of college from my early 20's and figured I might as well finish! I just need a few more classes. I'm getting my degree in Journalism. I already write freelance for various websites and earn an okay living from that but hope when my degree is done it will open up more opportunities. Some of the places require a degree to get employment as a writer so I'm sooo close :-).

I have enjoyed this site. I don't check in as much now that I'm below goal and enjoying the sleeved life and really have adapted to it like it's naturally just a part of me. It is so strange to just feel like the sleeve is "normal life" now. I am used to the small portions--the Protein first--the no drinking and eating. It's nice that it's come natural to me and I have adapted so well. This surgery was probably the wisest decision I've made in a loooong time.

God bless everyone and good luck in your journeys!

Hi..I'm 40 years old and I'm married to my best friend. I have 3 children, an 18 year old son and 2 daughters, 16 yrs and 12 yrs. I had my surgery on November 12th. My family is plagued with diabetes and Alzheimer's and know that weight are a factor in both these diseases. I made the decision to help me get healthy and stay healthy. I am so happy with my sleeve and so excited about the future.

Hello My name is Megs. I am 25 and had my surgery on November 30 2012.. so not even a week out. I am from Los Angeles (where i had my surgery) but i currently live in Eugene, OR.

I am a free-lance theatrical designer. I make costumes, make-up, sets, and special effects. I love to

paint and draw and pretty much anything crafty.

I live with a roomamte and am currently single. i have a dog and he is my little furry stinky child. Elvis.

I just found this site and am loving all the recipies and support on here so more to come as i explore.

Hi everyone! I just found this page today and joined so i figured id introduce myself.

My name is Chelsey. I am a 24 year old married mother of 2 boys -- ages 4 and 10 months. I am a registered nurse and work on a cardiac telemetry unit where I work 3 days a week and have the other 4 days at home with my boys :)

I started this WLS journey in 2009 when i got the lap band ( the sleeve wasnt an option ). So i have had since Dec 2009 -- which was very unsuccessful and nothing but problems for me.

Since September I have been waiting to find out if I was approved to get the sleeve and just found out last week that Its APPROVED! So currently I'm waiting to find out what my requirements are to have the revision & then get a surgery date! I'm ready to start this journey to a healthier me! And I'm hoping that the sleeve is everything I had hoped the lap band would be and wasn't!

I'm so glad I found this page and am enjoying reading everyone's posts. Thank you all for the great info and insight into the sleeve.

Hi, my name is Jennafer and I am a 28 yr old Occupational Therapist who lives is north-west Louisiana. I am 5'7 and weigh 270, have PCOS, and my cholesterol is 198. I am married with no children and would like to have a family some time down the road. I am considering bariatric surgery to become healthier and yes I will admit that I am totally vain in wanting to look better in my clothes. I am looking forward to reading about everybody!