Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got my pre-op instructions and I am supposed to take three showers before surgery - two the night before and another in the morning. I can understand that they want you clean, but what is up with that?

Every Dr. seems to have their own requirement. My Dr. required me to wash with an antibacterial soap the night before. At least your Dr. is being very cautious. He must want you verrry clean. =)

I had to wash with antibacterial soap for a week prior to my surgery.

I had no instructions about how many showers to take! Just what to eat (or drink rather!) before surgery.

Living the dream,

Laura

My Dr gave me no instructions except nothing to eat after midnight, the night before surgery. I used an antibacterial soap the night before and again the morning of surgery, because I felt, hey, it can't hurt. (And whenever I'm stressed I like to take showers.) So maybe the showers will help you relax! Best of luck with your surgery.

I had to shower the night before and the morning of with antibacterial soap provided to me by the hospital.

They gave me little packets of Hibiclens (you can buy this stuff at drugstores like Walgreens) and told me to shower with it night before and morning of my procedure.

You don't have to put it ALL over your body, just so you know. Just put it all over your belly, under your armpits and breasts, and in any skin folds. It's kind of odd because it's really runny and it doesn't foam like soap, and it smells very chemically. Make sure you let it sit for a minute or so before rinsing it off.

They gave us special wipes to use after a shower the day before, and then said no shower morning of, just additional wipes. It's funny how different everybody's path to the same procedure is... Banane09.gif I love that sleevie guy...

Kimmie

I think that Dial antibacterial soap works too, my instructions were to shower using Dial the night before and the morning of surgery.

I had no instructions, but shower before going for the procedure. I had to follow an all liquid diet the day before though! Happy trails!

I had to shower with an antibacterial soap everyday for a week. The night before I had to shower with half bottle of hibiclens and the other half the morning of surgery.

They gave me little packets of Hibiclens (you can buy this stuff at drugstores like Walgreens) and told me to shower with it night before and morning of my procedure.

same for me

I had to shower with an antibacterial soap everyday for a week. The night before I had to shower with half bottle of hibiclens and the other half the morning of surgery.

Same for me.

I didn't get any of those kind of instructions. I was told to clean out my bellybutton the morning of the surgery, because that was going to be the port of entry. Ummm...no. I have incisions all around, but my bellybutton is still in pristine condition.