Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Want The Ugly Truth About Weight Loss Surgery? Well Here You Go....

I still have a ways to go but have had some of these problems as well:

Only spending 15 minutes in Goodwill because there was 3 cute shirts in the size I needed right off the bat.

Being able to sit up to get out of bed instead of rolling out.

Sitting in the bath tub and not touching each side.

1) Having people not recognize me. People I have worked with or known for years have asked "How do I know you?". One time at church I gave one of my former choir members a great big hug and said, "Joni, how have you been?". The look on her face was worth it all.

2) My wife recently came home from a short stay at a nursing home. She was folding clothes and she put my new t-shirts in my daughter's pile (my daughter is Korean and is 25 and 96 pounds and a size 1). She said you can't wear those. I proved to her I can and they fit properly. (I went from XXL to a large.)

Love this one...HATE when the nurses have to get the cuff for the fat ass :/

i'll add: Having to use the regular blood pressure cuff at the doctor's office rather than the supersized one

I love this thread!!!

Having to alternate butt cheeks when sitting because when you sit too long your but bone starts to hurt because there's no cushion.

YES! This has been a major issue for me too. Even on CUSHIONED seats I find myself shifting back and forth. Went to the theater a few days ago and saw a 2.5 hour movie, I thought I would die!

You women are truly inspirational! I . . .

AHEM! The name is RootMAN, thank you very much - it's not all chicks in this forum!

This is great. Thanks guys. Love the MIL moment!!! Classic! I can't wait to experience ALL of these 'horrors'!! LOL

Pre Surgery: 243

Surgery date: 09/08/11

Starting Weight 243

Current Weight 185

I have hit a stall this will be my second one I had one at 2 months. and another now. I have not really ate much. I am sure it is due to me not getting enough Protein and my 3 month post op is not until Jan. 18th, which will make me like 4 months and 10days out yest I am late on my post op visit. So problems I have had with the surgery are.....getting in Protein and Vitamins..i despise them. I have started taking my Vitamins though. Ok and HAIRLOSS!!! I have had thick hair all of my life and it's thinning so much. I lose alot of hair and I'm freaking out. that's the main reason I am taking my vitamins now lol. Esp Biotin!! I take 2 a day. And well Menstrual cycle..ok so I've always been very irregular due to PCOS and well I had a period right before surgery and then after surgery I bled a little bit for a week then didn't have another period till Thanksgiving day and I BLED until DEC.5!!! Heavy heavy heavy!!! Major clots..I went to see my GYn and everything had checked out ok but he want to do a D&C, look in my uterus with a camera and he wants to do a Endometrial ablation (Novasure) burns the lining of the uterus so I wont bleed anymore. Ok so I was off of my period for a week and I am now bleeding again!!! this is just crazy. I do regret my surgery at times but I love that I am losing so much weight I still have at least 50 more to go it's hard work still and the gym well i like going to workout but then I am so aggravated with having this period and feel gross working out while on it. anyhow well here's a pic of my progress

Deliah, I had a Novasure ablation in November 2010 - easy peasy thing to do and wow it is so fabulous now. I highly recommend it if you even remotely need it.

Highly enjoying the responses - had lots of "Oh, yeah me too!" moments - like the missing of the booty cushioning and getting used to the feeling of bone on bone (suddenly harder to get comfy at night) and the buying of anything that fits cause, yeah - it's just awesome to wear that size.

Anther thing that sucks and takes some getting used to ....it's cold being blubber-less! This has been a chilly winter!

LMAO ( I can, because I am not sleeved yet) I love number 5!!!

Being able to wear my SONS clothes (And BOY does he hate it)
Not having to take off my seat belt to reach down and release the parking brake.
Being able to put on a belt after my jeans are buttoned rather than threading it through before I put them on.
Being able to put on socks like a regular person instead of the “sit on the bed and do a sprinters split”
Being able to dry off after a shower without breaking into a sweat.
Not rubbing wear spots on my khakis at work from the arm rests on my chair.
Actually being able to use an office chair with arm rests.
Not having to drive to the mail box.
sleeping  on my back.
Using a step ladder without voiding the warranty.
I’m a guy so………..discovering things are VERY visible from all angles.
11 months after my sleeve. 410lbs to 260lbs.