Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2012 Surgery Dates- Who's Ready?

My date AND doc changed... I will now be having surgery on 2/11/12 with Dr. Rodriguez in Juarez, MX.

This time next Firday I will be on a plane headed for El Paso!!!

:Banane14: woooohoooo!

:party4: :party4: :party4: :party4:

Got home from the hospital yesterday. I really haven't had any pain, just sore. I had an unexpected hiatal hernia repair, so that has made sipping even more difficult. I can say that each hour I feel a bit better and can't wait to feel good.

Bah, I think that I'm going to be delayed a bit in getting my surgery. It sounds as though my doctor wants me to have my gallbladder removed before I have my sleeve surgery. I'll know more after I meet with him on Tuesday. Just when I was starting to get my nerve up for the sleeve surgery, I find out that I'm going to be having another surgery. I guess that after finding out that I have a somewhat large gallstone, I was hopeful that they'd be able to remove my gallbladder during my bariatric surgery. According to the office staff, it sounds as though the doctor prefers to do the surgeries separately. *sigh*

Bah, I think that I'm going to be delayed a bit in getting my surgery. It sounds as though my doctor wants me to have my gallbladder removed before I have my sleeve surgery. I'll know more after I meet with him on Tuesday. Just when I was starting to get my nerve up for the sleeve surgery, I find out that I'm going to be having another surgery. I guess that after finding out that I have a somewhat large gallstone, I was hopeful that they'd be able to remove my gallbladder during my bariatric surgery. According to the office staff, it sounds as though the doctor prefers to do the surgeries separately. *sigh*

Ohhhhh BOOOO!!! Sorry :(

Update - It's now 3rd day post-op. I feel like I can actually swallow something! Hooray for little miracles. I slept in the chair last night - much better. The first night home I wanted nothing more than my own bed which wasn't the best idea. I wish I had done the recliner. I am actually feeling better every hour. Only complaint today is that I am super tired. My goal today is to sip sip sip and sip some more. I've got to get more fluids down. With the internal swelling I had, it was so uncomfortable. No pain, but just uncomfortable. I feel like I'm on the backside of this mountain. Still work to do, but the hardest part is over. Good luck to everyone getting sleeved this week.

PS: shout out to my husband. He slept on a crummy couch at the hospital and then slept on the floor in our room the first night because he was afraid of hitting my stomach. He makes sure I have everything I need. Sure do love that man!

Monday is not gettng here fast enough for me, just had my last supper of "liquids" which was cream of chicken Soup and oatmeal. Tomorrow is all CLEARS and of course my husband invited ppl over for SuperBowl, and they will all be EATING, but that's OK I can't stop now LOL

My surgery is scheduled for 2/9. I've been excited so far but I think the nerves are starting to make their presence known... however, I still feel ready to start this new chapter in my life.

Hey, hey, hey everyone! I'm just now getting up the nerve to look for the Feb. Group. I was originally scheduled for Dec., but because of ins. Problems was canceled. Now I am for sure on goi am scheduled for 2/14/12 in Tupelo, MS (the birthplace of Elvis) at the North Ms Medical Center. Dr. Terry Pinsky will be doing my procedure. It took the ins. 15 weeks to approve me after my 3 month weight management program. I am very excited about having a new life, but at the same time I am also nervous. After all, I do have a husband and four children.

Hey, hey, hey everyone! I'm just now getting up the nerve to look for the Feb. Group. I was originally scheduled for Dec., but because of ins. Problems was canceled. Now I am for sure on goi am scheduled for 2/14/12 in Tupelo, MS (the birthplace of Elvis) at the North Ms Medical Center. Dr. Terry Pinsky will be doing my procedure. It took the ins. 15 weeks to approve me after my 3 month weight management program. I am very excited about having a new life, but at the same time I am also nervous. After all, I do have a husband and four children.

Yay! Day after me!

Yay, I'm back on track. I met with my doctor yesterday and we're going to put off the gallbladder surgery until 2-3 months after my sleeve. I'm a little relieved. Now, I have two weeks of my pre-bariatric diet to get through.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well.. I am getting more excited each day.. I am scheduled for feb. 21st.. Have been on Optifast since last Friday and not finding it as hard as I thought.. I think it's all the motivation I have gotten through my support system. Today I go for pre surg testing.. So it is becoming very real.. The best of luck to every1 .. God Bless..