Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Odd Moment This Am While Reading The Board

I was on the board reading new post and comment as I do every morning. I was sipping on Decaf tea with splenda. All the sudden my head starting pounding, I was trembling, cold sweat, and shallowed breathing.

I realized there was something wrong. I got up and walked to my stairs, but I was weak in the knees and afraid to walk the stairs. I crawled them and made it to my bed. At that point I laid down. Then my mouth started watering heavily. I got scared then.

I called my mom and slowly walked to the bathroom where I wanted everything to come out of both ends. At this point my mom is asking me to get tot the point of what was wrong. I coudln't focus, just shallowed breathing. She hung up. Then I used the bathroom and everything started coming back to normal. Mom walked in and started freaking out about me being downstairs. I had to calm her down instead of her calming me. She meant well, and I believe she was scared too.

Has anyone had this type of experience?

It scared the heck out of me.

I havent but you should call your doctor immediately! We need to pose all questions to our doctors right away. That is part of their job. It is ok to post what they said but please call your doctor now. I'm a registered nurse and that is my advice.

I agree with Lisa, please consult your surgeon. Though just so you know, I have felt this way too a few times. It was straight after eating more sugar than my body can handle at one sitting OR drinking dairy (Lactose issues).

Please check in and let us know what your surgeon says!

I felt the same a couple days ago.. i ended up going to the emergency room and got put on fluids but before they did that she checked my blood sugar level ( im not diabetic) and it was extremely low. what I was experiencing was hypoglycemia. I started eating 1 regular popcicle a day... still doing sugar free other stuff but allowing the little sugar and it has helped me alot.. just a thought

I agree you should check with your surgeon. I have had this happen once after eating bread and eating too fast. I have heard of it called the "slimes" in other topics. You new tummy mught be intolerant to something and that's why it happened.

Yes, call the doc pronto!

It is the same symptoms for what I always thought is the notorious "dumping", perhaps I'm wrong and "dumping" is something else entirely.

I too had these exact symptoms when eating too much too fast post op. I also had it once when drinking but that was after a heavy meal - and by heavy I mean hardly for an early post-op sleever, which is hardly anything at all.

Better safe than sorry, see your doc!

Hey All, thanks for the feedback and support. I called both my PCP and VSG. First, the PCP said, take the BP meds to 1/2. The VSG group didn't call em back until 20min ago. We discussed the BP meds, and they want me to stop them asap. As for what happened this morning...they are thinking low blood sugar.

Yesterday in my Quest for Protein I opted for greek 2x Protein with 24 carbs. The nurse believes that the increase in my carb count from 40-90 grams is what did it to me.

Thanks again!

Is that not dumping? It just happened to me today and I thought it was just dumping syndrome. Now I'm worried. It's happened to me a couple of times since being sleeved and I always seem to be able to trace it back to something extremely sugary.