Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dreaded 3-week Stall - Info?

Hey, everyone.

I'm two weeks post-op as of today, down 25 pounds since December 1st, and recovering nicely. I keep reading occasional comments about the 3-week stall. Am I about to hit a weight-loss wall? What happened to you, and what did you do about it?

Thanks. blush5.gif

Search the forums... you will find lots of comments about it... I had it starting at 2 1/2 weeks, lasted over 4 weeks. I really dont think there is anything you can do about the early stalls... just follow the plan, chill out and know your body will do what it wants and needs to do to keep you healthy. It has been very "injured", is losing weight very fast, you are eating strangely, and sometimes the body just stops losing and tries to maintain. The weight will start coming off in a while. Not everyone gets the stall... but many do. You can try switching up your eating or exercise... drinking more water...getting more protein... as far as I can tell, nothing really works until your body wants to let go of the weight. Just keep on plan, and try not to stress, that does Not help. Come here and bit@h.... that does help! scared.gifw00t.gif

I also had a 3 week stall. I will admit, I was frustrated. It lasted a week, during that time, I just continued doing what I had been, I went to the gym and after a week, it broke. I hear some last longer than others. If it happens, it is nothing you are doing wrong, just your body sorting out all the changes going on. I am officially 5 weeks out now and down another 9lbs since my stall! Yay! It is good to hear that you are recovering well. And you are down 25lbs?? How sweet is that!!? Good Luck!

I'm in the 3 week stall right now and HATING IT!! I am obsessed with the scale and not seeing it move is driving me nutty!! I will not get on the scale until next week. Hopefully it will break soon so I can feel like I'm on track.ballchain.gif

I am at two weeks and not only did I stall, but I put on a pound since yesterday. Very scary!!! I have been eating more than 1000 calories for a few days (holidays) so I didn't expect to lose much if anything, but to gain a pound, I am feeling pretty scared.

Remember to measure during stalls, you just might be losing inches.