Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going To The Next Level, P90x

Well, after many weeks of consideration and research, I feel I am ready to take my exercise to the next level with the P90X program. Just a few short weeks ago, I kept saying no way, I am not ready for that intense of a program yet. I have discussed this with my personal trainer to make sure I can safely start and complete this program. His only concern was my calorie and carb intake being so low. He feels that I need to increase the calories quite a bit to have the energy required to handle this program. I had in my mind, I am only 16 lbs from goal, I do not want to increase my calories but then after more research, the workouts in the P90X will burn a lot more calories and really work on the tone. The program is all about muscle confusion. There is a fitness test you can take to see if you are ready for this complex of a program, I passed all the minumim numbers so I am ready to start.

I would like to hear from anyone on the site if they have done the P90X and get their input, it is going to be tough but that is why I have been working out for 6 months straight at the gym, to get in the best physical shape of my life.

I will keep you posted.

i love P90x, last summer of 2010 i was on p90x like crazy n it helped me lose most of my weight, from 247 to the lowest of 197.. it slimmed down n toned up my arms, thighs and omg my roles were gone from my back n front n i could see stomach definition i had the ab line and all i was so happy. its hard yes but like he says if u can do 1 or 2 push ups today u can try for one more tomorrow until u can do all reps. so just pause n hit play, don't hit stop until Ur done, and drink lots of water!.. i had a great experience with this program, just this past January i gained most of my weight back, but that was my fault got stressed, working and going to school, family death n loads of problems.. but the program is awesome i love it, and i am currently back on it, trying to lose 15 pounds before Jan 19 which is my last weight in before surgery!..

I would love to do it too!! I'm hoping to get it around tax time. Do u mind me asking how many cals u are eating and how far you are out? I saw a earlier post of yours and it said 800 cals? I am almost a yr out and would love to lose these last 15 lbs and get some definition. But I was under the impression that as we lose weight we are supposed to up calories? I eat anywhere between 1200 to 1350. My bmr is 1650.

I would love to do it too!! I'm hoping to get it around tax time. Do u mind me asking how many cals u are eating and how far you are out? I saw a earlier post of yours and it said 800 cals? I am almost a yr out and would love to lose these last 15 lbs and get some definition. But I was under the impression that as we lose weight we are supposed to up calories? I eat anywhere between 1200 to 1350. My bmr is 1650.

Right now I have lowered my calories back down between 900 and 1000. I am going to increase them up to between 1400 and 1700 when I start the P90X program. I had lowered them to get the scale moving again which it worked. I need the extra energy for the P90X and I figure I will burn them with the intense workouts, this will change my BMR and hopefully get rid of those last 16 lbs and tone up really well. I just had my 7 month mark after surgery.

I have my blood work done every 3 months and all of my numbers are in the normal range. Even though my calorie intake is low, I only eat food that has nutritional value.

You are on the right track knowing your BMR and calorie intake because it always comes down to math. The amount of exercise will change all the numbers.

I just passed the fitness test for the P90X to make sure I could meet the minimum numbers. It is nice to know you can modify some of the exercises if you cannot do them at first. I know a few people that have completed the P90X and it is an amazing program. They were all in better shape to start than I am but I think I am ready.

With the numbers you mentioned in your reply, if your BMR is 1650 and you are eating about 1350 calories a day, you have 300 calories going toward fat burning a day. With that formula, it will take about 12 days to lose one pound of fat

( 3500 calories equal one pound of fat). The program should really speed up the weight loss based on the numbers you listed.

Good luck to you, it is tough when we are this close to our goal and those last few pounds just won't go away.