Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! My Popsicle Was Not Sugar Free!

Nothing will happen to you, it's fine. It's just that sugar is a high-calorie, non-nutritive food and with limited room in your stomach there are better choices than a sugary liquid. However, at 5 days post-op, the calories won't hurt you since you aren't getting in many anyway.

sugar free is gross, at least that is how I feel about it all. The way I look at it is that for something to be sugar free a bunch of other junk has to be shoved into it to make it taste half way decent so I just go with the regular ol' sugared stuff ;)

You will be fine. You are consuming so little calories at this point that it's not going to make that big of a difference. Congrats on your sleeve!

Thanks everybody!! I didn't feel sick but I was kind of scared that it would do something to the healing process. I'm glad everything is good. This site is great for EVERYTHING LOL.

I do eat candy, and it hasn't bothered me a bit. Do feel guilty, so I keep it too a minimum. Getting off sugar again is difficult. Today is my detox from sugar..... ;)

sugar free is gross, at least that is how I feel about it all. The way I look at it is that for something to be sugar free a bunch of other junk has to be shoved into it to make it taste half way decent so I just go with the regular ol' sugared stuff wink.png

I hate to be the oddball but i love SF popsicles - that's what i always buy. Bcole. everyones taste is different.

The other good news Bcole is that you're going to liveunsure.png I promiselaugh.png

kathy

I don't do any sugar free stuff. It's toxic!!! I feel like my weight loss has be great even with my daily vanilla latte wih regular vanilla syrup!

They gave me popsicles WITH sugar IN the hospital so it is really okay!! My surgery was December 22, so I am right there with you. BTW, had you had Bypass, you would be sick...yuck!!!

I kind of agree with the toxic thing. DId you know that Splenda is made in a lab by just adding 2 chlorine molecules in the carbohydrate structure ( sugar) causing your body not to know what to do with it so thats why its doesnt effect you.... My nutritionist who has a PHD was telling me she was part of research group who found that Splenda was causing kidney and bladder cancer in rats.... Needless to say she strongly advocates STEVIA which is naturally grown and not created in a lab.

she also said that "THEY" know aspertame is highly bad for you and was pulled from the market awhile back but due to a HUGE uproar and the want for it they allowed it to be used.

anyhoo enough of that..lol Natural sweetners is the best if you have to have it.. Like Stevia, maple Syrup, and honey

just a "food" for thought! :-)